Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

I still like Down Neck for food before the game if I have time. Iberia, Casa Basca, etc. I definitely owe Quade for his reviews when glocally still existed. Bello's is great for quicker, cheap food as well, and it's right next to Penn Station, if on the wrong side. Beer's a little more expensive, but good selection, and if I'm paying under 10 for dinner I'm willing to drop more on 1 drink.

Edited by mouse

Absolutely crushed to learn that Hobby's is no longer operating a stand inside the arena this year. Not sure what my wife is going to eat when we go now. Their pastrami was one of the things that got us thru the abysmal first half of the season last year, and their red velvet cupcakes were maybe the best single food item in the joint. Gloom, despair, agony....

The arena is still serving deli sandwiches at that section. It isn't under the Hobbys brand but it could still be ok. I didn't eat anything last game so can't speak for any of the non-brand substitutes.

Looked like they did the same with Jimmy Buff's. Similar-looking product, but it was definitely different. The potatoes looked all wrong. As soon as I saw that, I stepped out of line and got something else.

New Jersey (Newark) -- There's a pizza place right across the street from the Prudential Center that produced one of the greatest slices I've ever had in my heavy pie-eating life. Can't remember the name, but I snapped this picture of the second slice I ordered to forever remember it.

Yes, I'm curious to know what place that is too.

New York (Rangers) -- I never knew until last year that Madison Square Garden sits on top of Penn Station, a massive rail hub. (Really, I didn't.) I find that fact to be unbelievably cool and fascinating. That's how little I'd been to NYC over the years. Somebody definitely took one look at me and said "Hayseed" during my last visit. Anyway, I understand that Manhattan is a pretty sleepy place, but Penn Station comes in handy for grabbing a train out to Long Island after they roll up the sidewalks in the city as soon as the Rangers game ends.

So according to this guy, the coolest thing to do or see in NYC when going to a Rangers game is boarding a train in Penn Station and getting the F outta town!

Damn, that's cold!!!

:rofl:

Edited by 95Crash

I have to imagine anyone from any of the cities listed had tons of places they thought to suggest...almost makes me think there should be a blog about it...oh wait...

Seriously though, where the heck did the pizza come from?

I have to imagine anyone from any of the cities listed had tons of places they thought to suggest...almost makes me think there should be a blog about it...oh wait...

Seriously though, where the heck did the pizza come from?

Its on the northwest corner of Lafayette and Broad. I believe its called Mike's Coffee Shop? The slices are the biggest you'll ever see and its dirt cheap too.

Its on the northwest corner of Lafayette and Broad. I believe its called Mike's Coffee Shop? The slices are the biggest you'll ever see and its dirt cheap too.

Mikes is a great value. It's not the best slice I've ever had but it's definitely good and it is pretty cheap. Usually a few Devils fans there before the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Dino's been moving along, there have been workers there everyday. I think they were getting alot of structural work out of the way and it looks like they opted to connect the building next door :unsure: as well. They brought in all new electrical service and gas (to be expected with a restaurant that big, (they had to do the same for loft and Edison Ale). I am just wondering if they are going to start on the apartments upstairs as well...

Alright cool cause I had walked by there during the day several time and didn't see anyone or any changes, so I was extremely worried that this had fallen through.. I'll probably wind up eating here a lot on non-game days as well as before home games

• 1 month later...