Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

Sorry since I'm on my phone can't really cut and paste but apparently my twitter and Facebook are going nuts with news that the devils are going to stop playing rock and roll part 2 as their goal song at the rock this season once the regular season starts.

Any truth to this?

I don't mind the song but I'm in the camp who is outright embarrassed by the "you suck" part of it. If true ill miss the song and the part where we say "hey!" But won't miss the moronic you suck part.

I saw this on hf boards and I didn't even want to post about it here because we all know how much this horse has been beaten to death.

My major problem is they haven't been able to find anything that gets the crowd more into it then the hey song. The few seasons not that long ago when they used those other songs was terrible and the crowd didn't know/want to go along with it.

They just need to leave it alone. I know some people don't like the you suck aspect of it but its pretty simple, if you don't like it, don't say it.

And no matter if you like it or not, the 2012 playoffs with the entire arena chanting rangers suck after the song was simply amazing.

Edited by Satans Hockey

They've been trying to replace it for years, the only reason they didn't the last time is fans protested/didn't get into any of the other songs they were using including the knockoff R&R piece (Bouncing Souls?).  Good luck to them doing it now because I'm tired of the contreversy, but I agree with Satan's post, I never saw the big deal either way.  In this day and age where you can literally see and hear any kind of graphic bs on the internet we're going to worry about 'You Suck' at a public arena?

Edited by NJDevs4978

Out with the old...in with the new, clean up our image etc.

I just hope they find a better song than they did a few years back when they stopped using RR pt2.

Some of the goal songs around the league are pretty LAME

That is another whole issue with me. I have 0 faith in the Devils front office to pick a song that is actually worthy of replacing it.

• Like 1

Out with the old...in with the new, clean up our image etc.

I just hope they find a better song than they did a few years back when they stopped using RR pt2.

Some of the goal songs around the league are pretty LAME

cleaning up our image!? we're not the Ranger or Flyers fans...chanting hey you suck is just drunk fun. As long as it doesn't lead to fist fights, I have no problem with it. Just don't want to see that Ole soccer song, or something cliche like Bon Jovi or Douche Springsteen

just nothing that's just a chant that sounds like someone with diarrhea like the Rangers had the past couple seasons.

Edited by Legion15

Yeah I don't mind them getting something new, I mean half the league has the same goal song as us. That ole ole song was terrible though. Hopefully they'll get a better intro song too, last years was the worst i've ever seen, with the fake announcer calling the highlights and the soft corny song they played. Hell's Bells was the cat's pajamas if you ask me but it should be something to get the crowd jacked up, not some boy band.

But back to the topic at hand, I have no problem with them changing the song or even the goal horn.

Or some Redman.

I'm kind of glad we're getting rid of R & R part 2 since Gary Glitter is a convicted pedophile and all.

I believe that is why it was done away with the first time, and then when something was worked out where he wouldn't be getting royalties, they brought it back.  Other teams have the same goal song, but if I'm not mistaken, the Devils were the first to use it.  I would hate for them to change it, I'm always against ditching traditions, plus you know that whatever they pick is not going to be good.  Also, do you really want to take away a popular part of the gameday experience after the great attendance they finally had last season?

• Like 1