Has PDB said for sure

Blown01NJ

i expect cory to get both st.louis and washington and marty to get the yankee stadium game. then cory for st. louis and one of the dallas nash games.

Well I just saw on TG that Marty had a new mask made for the game, so it looks like he automatically assumes he is playing. Which is complete bullsh!t.

i will gladly let marty have that game if cory gets the two before and after it.

Well I just saw on TG that Marty had a new mask made for the game, so it looks like he automatically assumes he is playing. Which is complete bullsh!t.

That doesn't mean anything. Backups in the WC like Biron, Johnson and Gustavsson had masks made but didn't play.

Edited by TheRedStorm

I don't think he assumes anything. But why not have a mask prepared just in case? 

I got no issue with Brodeur getting that game. I echo Sundstrom's thoughts about Cory getting the two before and the games after being great.

DeBoer said he's going day to day with goaltending plan, so no scheduled Saturday for Sunday at Yankee Stadium yet.

DeBoer admitted sentimentality might influence decision on starter for Sunday, but said most important thing is "for us to win games."

He didn't rule out NOT starting Marty which is pretty telling, though I still expect him to play.

While I'd like to see us commit 100% to Schneider, Marty has played the Rags well this year. If you're gonna give him a game, that's not a bad time to do it.

I would bet every last thing I own Marty starts. Talbot has a better shot at starting for them than Schneider does for us.

A month ago I would have bet money on Talbot starting...but now that Lundqvist has returned from the alien planet he was on, he's about a sure bet to get the game too.

While I'd like to see us commit 100% to Schneider, Marty has played the Rags well this year. If you're gonna give him a game, that's not a bad time to do it.

Cory shut them out early in the season as well.  

...I want Marty to start.

He IS the new jersey devils.  He's everything this organization strives to be and represent.  He deserves this game.

Cory's got a decade's worth of time to play an outdoor game (whether with the Devils or a different team).

Edited by Devilsfan118

Cory shut them out early in the season as well.  

I'm not bashing Cory at all, just saying if you're gonna give Marty a game, the Rags might be the best team for him to play, based on past returns this year.

I'm not bashing Cory at all, just saying if you're gonna give Marty a game, the Rags might be the best team for him to play, based on past returns this year.

What? The rags are a much better team right now, way better than when we last played them.  The best games to play marty are games in which we have a good shot at scoring more. Teams with weak defense and or goal tending. The rangers are getting good goal tending and scoring right now. Marty in net could spell disaster.

Edited by Sneax

What? The rags are a much better team right now, way better than when we last played them.  The best games to play marty are games in which we have a good shot at scoring more. Teams with weak defense and or goal tending. The rangers are getting good goal tending and scoring right now. Marty in net could spell disaster.

Wait? It's better for a goalie to play a game in which his team is more likely to score? I had no idea.

Marty has played well against the Rags. Maybe he gets up more for those games, maybe he knows their tendencies better, but some of his best games this year have been Rags games. Throw in the fact that the ice will probably be sloppy, which should minimize everyone's skill, and this isn't a bad game to play him.

Edited by mouse

Wait? It's better for a goalie to play a game in which his team is more likely to score? I had no idea.

Marty has played well against the Rags. Maybe he gets up more for those games, maybe he knows their tendencies better, but some of his best games this year have been Rags games. Throw in the fact that the ice will probably be sloppy, which should minimize everyone's skill, and this isn't a bad game to play him.

Considering marty is letting up at least 1 soft bllsh!t goal a game, yea its important for him to play against weaker competition at this point. Be more of a fvcking smart ass, it seems all the marty apologists on here are.

Again the rangers are playing much MUCH better hockey than when marty faced them, there is no way he should get the start if this teams intention is making the playoffs. We just can't afford to drop any more games. The BEST possible team needs to be on the ice every night it can be, and that doesn't include marty anymore.

Marty definitely deserves the outdoor game. That's a 'legacy game'. I have no problem with him starting it. And even as someone who HIGHLY values making the playoffs and has been critical of his play this season, it would be wrong to not give Marty this particular game- its the first Devils outdoor game, and likely the only one Marty will have a chance to play in. I think a vast, vast majority of the fanbase has no problem with him starting. At least I hope.

Considering marty is letting up at least 1 soft bllsh!t goal a game, yea its important for him to play against weaker competition at this point. Be more of a fvcking smart ass, it seems all the marty apologists on here are.

Again the rangers are playing much MUCH better hockey than when marty faced them, there is no way he should get the start if this teams intention is making the playoffs. We just can't afford to drop any more games. The BEST possible team needs to be on the ice every night it can be, and that doesn't include marty anymore.

I'm sorry I respect the greatest goalie of all time. It's crazy of me, I know. Also, I said I wouldn't object to Cory playing every game. I still stand by my statement that Marty has played this group of Rangers well this season (including a game during their current hot streak). Be more of a fvcking dumb ass. It seems all the Marty haters on here are.

It's not like Marty is a complete scrub putting up an .850 save percentage. It's a big time game against his all time rival, is be AMAZED if he lays an egg.

This

I respect Dominik Hasek too mouse, but yeah, I don't care if Brodeur gets the outdoor game provided he doesn't get any of the games around it.  It's too bad for people who want to see the Devils win on Sunday that the odds will be less, but it's probably what'll end up happening.

Brodeur is playing unless he comes down with the flu or tweaks something in practice. I wouldn't mind this so much if we had a nice cushion in the playoff race, but we need this game...the last thing I want to see is 30,000 Ranger fans chanting his name as he lets in some short side floater to Carl Hagelin from 30 feet out.

This will also be his last legacy game. After the Rag game the Devils will have 28 regular season games left. Brodeur should start no more than 7 of them

If he starts tomorrow or against Washington I will be furious.

Edited by '7'