31 replies to this topic

#21 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Firstly, Crasher was dead on about his assessment on Flacco based on last night.
Secondly, Mdsieve also dead on about his prediction for last night.

We sucked yesterday.

Kudos to the Chargers who had a perfect game plan for negating our pass rush and exploiting our rookie corner with Webb out last night.

Not sure what happened to our O-Line and playing calling last night, but I could not watch the game after SD opening drive of the third quarter.

We have a fear of success as we could have clinched home field advantage the entire playoffs.

Edited by MantaRay, 19 December 2011 - 10:28 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:14 AM

Firstly, Crasher was dead on about his assessment on Flacco based on last night.
Secondly, Mdsieve also dead on about his prediction for last night.

We sucked yesterday.

Kudos to the Chargers who had a perfect game plan for negating our pass rush and exploiting our rookie corner with Webb out last night.

Not sure what happened to our O-Line and playing calling last night, but I could not watch the game after SD opening drive of the third quarter.

We have a fear of success as we could have clinched home field advantage the entire playoffs.

Not with a win yesterday. And you still could get home field throughout...if Pitt loses, you're back in the lead in your division. If Pitt wins, they have the inside track on the #1 as they hold the tiebreaker against the Pats (head-to-head).

Still too early to say...all I know is that the Pats can't finish any lower than #3.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Not with a win yesterday. And you still could get home field throughout...if Pitt loses, you're back in the lead in your division. If Pitt wins, they have the inside track on the #1 as they hold the tiebreaker against the Pats (head-to-head).

Still too early to say...all I know is that the Pats can't finish any lower than #3.

After this week, all assumptions should be off, but I had figured Pitt would lose tonight with Big Ben damaged against that very good SF D.

IF we won and PITT loses tonight I think we would have had it wrapped up. Now, I don't know as Pitt has an easier school
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:53 PM

49ers have a damaged Frank Gore....totally evens the playing field....I think Patrick Willis is out too....there's a lot of missing parts on BOTH sides in this game tonight, makes it all the more interesting.....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Someone pay the GODDAMN ELECTRIC BILL would ya??? Geesh!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#26 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:51 PM

Anybody else thinking this whole charade is a Niner/NFL conspiracy to embarras the Bay Area to finally building a new stadium?

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,443 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

Personally I like Harrison's tweet....if I can't play NO ONE CAN!

#28 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:11 PM

Who knew that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell would move tonight's MNF game to Pyongyang in memorium of the passing of Dear Leader Kim Jong-Il.

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,475 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

Suffice it to say the #1 seed is now NE's to lose...two home games against Miami and Buffalo...with a defense like NE's, no game is a gimme, but no one seems to be able to stop NE's offense right now.

Of course, the big question is, can that offense get it done in the playoffs? Because it hasn't in the last three playoff games.

The one thing that's giving me hope is that, of all the AFC playoff hopefuls offenses and defenses, NE's offense is playing the best out of all of them. But then again, we've been down this road before.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:49 PM

Just wanted to step in here one time during the season and say, way to go niners!

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

Just wanted to step in here one time during the season and say, way to go niners!

I echo this!!!
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 04:41 PM

Last thought for me as to the feelings of the worst owner in the NFL:

Posted Image

Enough said.