All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

When I do buy autographed pucks/photos I usually go by the seller's feedback ratings and do a quick compaision on other autographs but I do get what you are saying...it's very difficult to NOT get a fake these days. I just started my small jersey collection now. This + season tickets + signed memorabilia (pucks/sticks/photos) + my Adam Larsson and Brodeur card collections make for a very expensive (yet so very much worth it) hobby

So lookie what I got for $30 bucks the other day via Ebay.

l578.jpg

For that price it's amazing quality. I never buy jerseys off auction but wow. I was considering stripping it to make it a Henrique/Zajac jersey but I'm actually a big fan of Bobby Holik and I rarely see any jerseys of his at the Rock. I really have no ill will towards how he left either. Not to mention my dad has a Peluso jersey so it goes hand-in-hand with that. All I would need is a McKay jersey and I'm set. Lol.

Here is where I got it from. http://www.ebay.com/sch/newjerseydevils1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Although I'm not too sure on who would want a Brookbank or Halischuk jersey...

Yeah I got a devils Friesen jersey and a yankees matsui jersey off of him the other day too. Guy must be desperate because his stuff is real and dirt cheap.

I saw that about six jerseys (including a Stevens, brodeur and gionta) he sold were bought by aikman8star. That's the same clown who tries lowball sellers all the time especially for jerseys and banners only to flip them for 3-5 times the price. Expect those jerseys to be up on eBay within the next month or so for at least $150 when he paid $30 for each.

I'd be all over one of those if they weren't so big. I'm between a S-M in the new Reebok so I usually get M.  This guy's items are XL.  But for the price they look good.  He has one authentic it seems - the Halischuk.  Size 60.  If it were the right size I'd buy and strip.

I'd be all over one of those if they weren't so big. I'm between a S-M in the new Reebok so I usually get M.  This guy's items are XL.  But for the price they look good.  He has one authentic it seems - the Halischuk.  Size 60.  If it were the right size I'd buy and strip.

He had some other authentics too, including a Lundqvist Rags jersey in size 52 with Brian Leetch night patch.  I got it because my brother who is a Rags fan has been wanting a jersey and I got it for him.

Just got the jerseys today from that newjerseydevils1 guy:

Friesen jersey has correct font but used twill for the name plate instead if air knit. Plus the jersey came pretty dirty with hairs and stains near the wrists.

Matsui jersey looks legit but not 100% sure.

Lundqvist jersey is a Chinese fake. Could tell right out of the box as the lettering is off and even includes a fake meigray tag. Hope my brother still likes it

Just got the jerseys today from that newjerseydevils1 guy:

Friesen jersey has correct font but used twill for the name plate instead if air knit. Plus the jersey came pretty dirty with hairs and stains near the wrists.

Matsui jersey looks legit but not 100% sure.

Lundqvist jersey is a Chinese fake. Could tell right out of the box as the lettering is off and even includes a fake meigray tag. Hope my brother still likes it

can you post a photo of the Chinese knockoff? I'm curious to know the difference

can you post a photo of the Chinese knockoff? I'm curious to know the difference

Why are you the seller? lol

Anyways I did not yet take photos, but here is why it is fake:

1) The material for the jersey is much more coarse and just all around incorrect for the Reebok Edge jersey.

2) The lettering for the numbers is about right, but the letters are incorrect.  Rangers lettering has that 3D look to them by the way they are layered and the difference in that between the letters and numbers is very noticeable.

3) The Reebok vector on the back neck should be a patch that is sewn on.  This jersey has the vector (which looks thinner than the real thing) directly embroidered on.

4) The fight strap is crap.  it is thinner than the real thing, not quite as sturdy and is attached hapahazardly with a square piece of the same material used to make the jersey.  Real fight straps are attached with twill that is either white or same colored as jersey and is much more securely stitched onto the jersey.

5) The Meigray Group tag is way too big to be the real thing and much less quality than the real tags (though they did spell it right this time instead of Meigray Groop).  Also the serial # listed is E05768 from the 07-08 season.  According to the Meigray population report from that season, that serial # was for a Pittsburgh Penguins game-issued Blue Winter Classic throwback Alan Nasreddine jersey that was supposed to used for the 2nd period.  That is obviously incorrect.

While this is a complete knockoff I have to say it is the best one I have ever seen.  While I should have looked more closely at the photos in the listing, I still believe the seller knew something was up or had full knowledge of it being fake.  This jersey was made at a time when the Edge jerseys were just released and that's when the fakes started showing up en-mass as there are very few CCM 550's and Rebook 6100's that are faked.  However, it looks like every year the fakes start looking worse as they are probably trying to make these even cheaper.

deveman did you get one or was it sold before you got there

I was like 6th or 7th in line and the girl in front of me got one and one of the first four guys got the other.

I was not after the Elias one but instead I got the red Zubrus I was after for half off. Went home a very happy camper and worth the two wait sitting outside in 93 degree temps

loll you're funny one sold on line to night i put it back i end up getting something better nice sitting with you

I'm not even sure what you were trying to say. There were only two Elias jerseys that were 50% off from the 2010-11 season. There were other Elias jerseys but they were either 25% off or not on sale as they were newer.

• 4 weeks later...

EPS questions-

Does Josh send you an e-mail once he receives your jersey or no? It's been a few years since I sent one to them so I do not recall.

No he doesn't but I usually email him before I place and send my order detailing what I want and requesting pricing for the job as well as estimated turnaround time.  Once he responds (usually within 24 hours), I place my order and ship it out.  I then email Josh back the order # and tracking number giving him a head's up.  Usually the next I hear from him or anyone at EPS is a few weeks later when my order is ready and to confirm the charges and my address before shipping them back to me (usually from Lynette).

Awesome thanks for the info. They got my jersey on July 29. I know I probably still have a couple more weeks to go but I'm itching to get it back. I know what kind of work they do. As long as it's before the season starts!

I'm sending one in later this week and josh told me today the turnaround time is 5-8 weeks. The two jerseys I sent on June 21 are only being started on this week according to josh so those should ship out later this week or sometime next week. I would say expect the turnaround time for yours to be 4-8 weeks

Perfect timing for the start of the season.  I don't mind the wait knowing that the lettering is the same as the on-ice stuff.  I was impressed with the work they did stripping an old jersey and relettering for me. 

Yeah if it is just a Devils jersey getting lettered, I would say expect it sometime during the pre-season.

Any other player Tee's? Did you see a Zajac?

Yeah I mean I see Zajac, Henrique and Brodeur as well.

They also have the in clearance section Clarkson and Kovy for $10 I believe lol.

(I also hate the newer player tees they put out the same time the jerseys switched from the Reebok vector to the wordmark.  The names on the tees are now tiny, the materials are thinner and the lettering starts to fade/peel off in the laundry must quicker.  Now I have to make sure to turn them inside out when I wash and dry them)

So I finally put on the Jagr player tee and I think this is the last player tee I will buy until they fix them.  The material is so thin that the number actually seeped through the shirt to the inside.  When I put it on it felt like I was wearing it inside out as I could feel the entire number on my back.

Between this and the Indo-Edges I hope Reebok loses their apparel and jersey contract with the NHL when it is up in a year or so.

Between this and the Indo-Edges I hope Reebok loses their apparel and jersey contract with the NHL when it is up in a year or so.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Reebok's contract with the NHL doesn't expire until 2016:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/canton/news/business/x532925981/Reebok-inks-a-new-contract-for-hockey-clothing-but-also-gets-some-competition

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Reebok's contract with the NHL doesn't expire until 2016:

http://www.wickedlocal.com/canton/news/business/x532925981/Reebok-inks-a-new-contract-for-hockey-clothing-but-also-gets-some-competition

Dammit lol for some reason I thought it was 2015. Oh well at least I will learn my lesson now and not buy any more of these thin ass player tees until then.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.