#441 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:48 AM

I thought Ranger fans all had Ipads.

Only the ones at "The World's Most Famous Arena". Their fans gave "Blueshirts" a new meaning last night. Did you see all the suits in the lower bowl with their light blue dress shirts (no jerseys) on last night? hahaha.. The 400s are all great and cool and all, but about 5% of the lower bowl had any sort of Rangers paraphernalia on or around them.

And they have the balls to make fun of our fanbase..

Edited by DJ Eco, 24 May 2012 - 08:49 AM.

#442 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

New York on the brink... That's the ESPN ticker... Does anyone enjoy the fact that we will never be appreciated? It's never that we played good, its always the other team somehow blew it. I remember a few months ago someone brought this up and facetiously replied... They'll have to show us on the front page when we win the.... Won't say it..... But cmon. Give the boys some credit.. they are the quintessential "team" they deserve a headline saying... Devils rape rangers, or devils on fire... That's actaully pretty good. Sorry for the rant.. just hate that we never win and that the other team just loses.

They're front page of the Metro NY paper today!! Headline shows Carter and reads: "ONE GAME AWAY"... I know it doesn't sound like much, but the Metro is one of those free papers and actually does get loads of readers.

#443 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,033 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:06 AM

Was anyone listening to the radio feed from Matt and Sherry?

After the EN goal, and with the final few seconds on the clock, Sherry mentioned there was a fairly significant fight in the stands. Did anyone there see or hear about that?

#444 HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

They're front page of the Metro NY paper today!! Headline shows Carter and reads: "ONE GAME AWAY"... I know it doesn't sound like much, but the Metro is one of those free papers and actually does get loads of readers.

Posted Image

#445 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,101 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:36 AM

Was anyone listening to the radio feed from Matt and Sherry?

After the EN goal, and with the final few seconds on the clock, Sherry mentioned there was a fairly significant fight in the stands. Did anyone there see or hear about that?

If I'm remembering right, it seemed like players from both teams turned their attention to the stands around then. They didn't show anything on TV though

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#446 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

Posted Image

#447 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,110 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

I was on pins and needles hours before the game. When the Devils took a 3-0 lead, it didn't relax me at all. If anything, it made me 10x more nervous. I was thinking about the Panthers series and how the Devils would blow it. Pretty much the period and a half after played out exactly how I thought. I was pacing around every commercial and intermission.

That 2nd intermission, I was thinking that the Rangers would pressure the entire period and eventually tie it. To calm down I started reading the paper and was reading as the period started. When the announcers voiced raised while Marty lost the puck...I looked up only to see Marty kick it in. I could only help but laugh. Here I am worried sick...and that's how they tied it, and a few seconds in to the period. From that moment I went in to a state of euphoria. I was at peace with whatever happened in the rest of the game and playoffs. It was a great thing and made the rest of the third more enjoyable.

I didn't read the comments during the game in the thread, but hopefully whatever happens the rest of the way, this team has shown they are above any talk about chokers, quitters and whatever else. And what was said will be for the last time on this board. Even when I was at my angriest and most nervous, I'd never think to curse out the team on a message board....certainly not this group.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#448 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Posted Image

Wow. The lighting almost suggests that God himself was smiling down on our boys last night when they got that goal.

[brushes away tear]

No...I'm not crying...I was cutting an onion earlier...

Nice find, amigo!
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#449 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,118 posts

I won't lie, I smashed a few things of no value after the Rangers tied it at 3. The Rangers bring out a level of hate in me that no other team can do.

Then when Carter scored that game winning goal I ran around the house screaming like a nut job.

This is why I love/hate the playoffs haha Emotions can go from so high to so low back to so high in a little amount of time.

This series is long from over and I'm not taking the Rangers lightly but if you would have told us before the playoffs started that we would be up 3-2 over the Rangers in the Eastern Conference Finals, each and every one of us would have gladly taken that.

Devils need to storm out of the gate on Friday and come at the Rangers hard and play a smart game.

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Edited by Satans Hockey, 24 May 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#450 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

I didn't read the comments during the game in the thread, but hopefully whatever happens the rest of the way, this team has shown they are above any talk about chokers, quitters and whatever else. And what was said will be for the last time on this board. Even when I was at my angriest and most nervous, I'd never think to curse out the team on a message board....certainly not this group.

Agree with this whole-heartedly...Game 2 alone in this series (coming back from 2-1 at MSG) was impressive in itself. These guys are NOT the same ol' Devils. And yeah, the whole choker and quitter labels get thrown out there way too easily.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#451 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image

I made that picture my Mac's wallpaper first thing this morning. Tremendous pic from the frozen moment section of NHL.com

#452 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:09 AM

Posted Image

the ceiling looks like Bryz's mothership

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#453 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

the ceiling looks like Bryz's mothership

Reminds me of the ending to Close Encounters

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#454 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,022 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

Sick to my stomach of the opportunity we have Friday. PLEASE get the job done boys. Great heart.

#455 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

For those going to the game friday dont forget to taunt and point at Lundqvist.. those dirty rags
Posted Image

#456 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,979 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

I can honestly say that I took it all in stride as the Devils gave up the 3-0 lead. Sure I was worried, sure I thought about a bad outcome, but not so much that I got pissed at the team or scared that they were going to lose. I just kept the faith.

Throughout these playoffs and maybe even including the last two weeks of the regular sdeason, I have found myself taking on Coach DeBoer's mentality behind the bench: try to remain calm, stay focused and keep going. I have placed my trust in PDB to push the right buttons and get the job done.

I'm not saying I know we will win, just that you gotta believe that it could happen, that it's possible.

#457 Steven M.

Steven M.

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:24 AM

Yes, credit for that photo goes to @NHL on twitter... Gotta love it.

#458 RunninWithTheDevil

RunninWithTheDevil

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

via NHL.com

"That was great That's as loud as they've gotten. If I come back in Game 7, I hope they're going to do better."
-- Martin Brodeur on the "Mar-ty" chants from the MSG faithful during Game 5

Winner of the 2010 UDX Signature Award

NJDEVS.COM KEEPER OF: Brendan Shanahan, Continental Airlines Arena, First game at The Rock, Chuck the Duck, New Goal Horn, Devils' Dancers, Chico Eats, Rock Your Red, Clemmers Shut-out against the Rangers

#459 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:35 AM

Marty needs to stop and focus on Game 6. He's not been that impressive at all honestly.

#460 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

Marty needs to stop and focus on Game 6. He's not been that impressive at all honestly.

Paulie Positive speaks out again. You'll probably find something to complain about during the parade if we're so lucky to witness one.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users