Draft Lottery Thread

Weekes Head

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope its not anti-climactic and we see the Devils get pick 30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not anti climactic -- that's great -- a decent spot for the number two pick and the waiting is over. Anti-climax is Devils getting :unsure: 26 :puke:

is this not THE worst rendition of jumpin jack flash or what... Shhut up beavis!

Edited by Darwindog

I sure hope its not anti-climactic and we see the Devils get pick 30

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

like I said yesterday, the 30th pick mught be the 2nd best thing that can happen after #1,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd still kinda rather draft like #15, the middle of each round instead of going 30, 31 then waiting another 58 picks to draft again. Plus with the odd # of rounds, you get the higher pick in four of the seven rounds.

Some of the rule changes that will take effect for the 2005-06 NHL season:

- Allowing the two-line pass (no red line) like international hockey;

- Reduction in size of goalie equipment;

- Using the AHL crease and limits on goaltender puck handling;

- No tie games; using a penalty shootout after overtime; After a five minute overtime, three players will be selected from each team for the shootout. If still tied, it will then be a sudden death shootout;

- No-touch icing;

- Bringing back tag-up offside;

- Move nets back two feet towards end boards;

- Reducing the size of the neutral zone;

- A team that ices the puck cannot make a line change prior to the ensuing face-off;

- Officials will have the discretion to wave off icing if it is deemed to be the result of an attempted pass;

- A player that instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and automatic one-game suspension;

- Zero tolerance on interference, hooking and holding/obstruction

- Delay of game penalties for any players shooting the puck over the glass in his defensive zone.

Edited by RD

what rule changes were officially approved?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Generally, we have:

two line pass (no red line)

equipment reduction for goalies

no tie -- shootouts

no touch icing

tag-up offsides

goals moved back two feet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmeh -- in my mind these are bullshyt attempts to compromise on ice surface... suck it up and make the ice bigger if that's what you want-- this is just sh!t. Yeah yeah I know you all tell me they can't due to loss in seats/revenue -- so then leave it already. Player safety :rolleyes: oh balls Brendan ya big nancy! :puke:

if I understand... the worst pick is the 15th ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It depends on your perspective, obviously the best pick this year is #1 because of the Crosby thing but after that, it depends on your own opinion considering the draft snakes around. There are advantages and disadvantages to picking 2nd then 59th and also 15th and 45th.

the reason there are no leaks is that Bettman is the only 1 in the room, he's "randomly" picking balls for the good of the NHL....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But if the Devils win the lottery, how will all these fans respond here about "its rigged" "its fixed"????

what rule changes were officially approved?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Generally, we have:

two line pass (no red line)

equipment reduction for goalies

no tie -- shootouts

no touch icing

tag-up offsides

goals moved back two feet

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmeh -- in my mind these are bullshyt attempts to compromise on ice surface... suck it up and make the ice bigger if that's what you want-- this is just sh!t. Yeah yeah I know you all tell me they can't due to loss in seats/revenue -- so then leave it already. Player safety :rolleyes: oh balls Brendan ya big nancy! :puke:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DD I agree, if making the ice bigger improves the game, then all the money the owners loose in seat revenue should be pennies down the line as the game draws more and more fans...

i can live with most of those rule changes. i think taking away the red line is a mistake and so is the restriction on goalies playing the puck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Again, I agree. And it effects NJ the most, but in order to improve offense you must strip away the defense. It's one of those things where you gotta take some bad with the good.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.