Briere's Shootout Goal

Quinn01

They have?

Pandolfo missed goal where the league statement said, "...despite the best efforts of the league, a goal was scored".

And a review where a puck was under Marty's pads and the reviewer assumed he knew where the puck was, even though it could not be seen, and ruled goal and the league released a statement saying that is not the correct ruling on that play.

Pandolfo missed goal where the league statement said, "...despite the best efforts of the league, a goal was scored".

And a review where a puck was under Marty's pads and the reviewer assumed he knew where the puck was, even though it could not be seen, and ruled goal and the league released a statement saying that is not the correct ruling on that play.

Now that you mention it, I do recall the Pando one. :lol: Makes you wonder why it would have been such a big deal to admit an f-up with this one? I mean, whether or not the puck was still moving a little or Briere's one skate was still kinda sorta in motion doesn't really matter. He pulled up, snowed the friggin goalie and then scored. If that doesn't go against the spirit of a "no-stopping" rule, I don't know what does. Instead of admitting fault, they've opened a Pandora's box of cheap SO goals.

The least they coulda done was an Avery-rule kind of thing, where they more or less say "This blatantly goes against the spirit of the rules but wasn't exactly detailed in the rule book, so ... here's a new amendment to the rule for ya!"