No Name on Back Jerseys

Steadevils

Thoughts on NNOB Jerseys? After getting burned on Gomez and Parise I have decided to go with a NNOB Jersey as my next purchase. My buddy says it's bushleague, but I've always thought the crest on the front was the most important. What is the consensus on these?

I've been wanting a Clarkson jersey for awhile but am hesitant because of his recent offensive outburst and his contract situation. May lead to him asking for too much and Lou saying bye-bye.

My last two Devils Jerseys were Langenbrunner who was dealt less than a year later and Nieds who left about a year later.  So I'm reluctant to shell out extra cash for a player who may sign elsewhere.  That being said I've come to the conclusion that Clarkie is really my fav Devil since Terreri and if I really want to change the name on back I can ship it off the EPS for stripping and re-numbering.

I prefer the name and number on back.  Feels naked without it :)

Edited by gardenstatepkwy

I like name and numbers on back too.

My personal rule of thumb is to go someone is either on a long contract such as Kovy and now Zajac, or someone who is and will always be a "timeless" Devil.  Examples of these are Brodeur, Daneyko, Stevens, Elias, Niedermayer, etc.

EPS just mailed out a couple of jerseys back to me yesterday.  Once is a Red Koho Nieuwendyk and the other is a red throwback Lemieux.  Can't really go wrong with either.

In the end though, go with your gut.  Just don't put any stupid nicknames or slogans;)

I like name and numbers on back too.

My personal rule of thumb is to go someone is either on a long contract such as Kovy and now Zajac, or someone who is and will always be a "timeless" Devil.  Examples of these are Brodeur, Daneyko, Stevens, Elias, Niedermayer, etc.

EPS just mailed out a couple of jerseys back to me yesterday.  Once is a Red Koho Nieuwendyk and the other is a red throwback Lemieux.  Can't really go wrong with either.

In the end though, go with your gut.  Just don't put any stupid nicknames or slogans;)

Agreed in full!

Thanks and to add to my post, I never ever get someone who is on a contract year or is rumored to be trade bait (yeah the trade bait part can be a little hard to predict but you can usually narrow it down to a few players).  That is why I didn't buy anything (shirts, jerseys, and other stuff) with Parise on it since 2011 because I knew there was a possibility of him not returning in 2012.

I would love to get Ponikarovsky or Greene but because of the reasons listed above I am abstaining from it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.