Should Brodeur Play vs Isles Sunday

msweet

Should Brodeur Play Sunday (if we have clinched)  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brodeur Play Sunday (if we have clinched)

• Yes
    • No
    • If Marty Wants to

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely not, no reason for him to play

besides, if it came down to it I'd like to see the Islanders make the playoffs. It's good for Tri State area hockey

Brodeur has played so many games, it'll take a 20 day layoff for any rust to form

And remember, Andreychuk broke his leg on the last game of the 1997 regular season, and Scott Stevens badly injured Sykora's foot with an errant shot during the last game of the 01-02 season. Learn from your mistakes. These injuries cost us in the playoffs, the Devils must learn from mistakes. Better to be safe than sorry now. Brodeur has his stupid record, now do the right thing Lou.

Edited by '7'

I say we start Brodeur. We need some kind of confidence going into the playoffs. Should we have this sloppy game against the Flyers and then a loss to the Islanders, then we're really backing into the playoffs....

I say we start Brodeur. We need some kind of confidence going into the playoffs. Should we have this sloppy game against the Flyers and then a loss to the Islanders, then we're really backing into the playoffs....

agree...

playoffs start now, all hands on deck...plenty of rest after sunday anyhow.

Edited by ice dog

It's quite funny reading the Carp chat list that I belong to. They've got a sniff of getting into the playoffs and they're all eagerly looking forward to Sunday as they believe that Marty is not going to play and that Lou will be sitting key players now to allow them to rest for the playoffs.

I'd say that they're counting on beating a Devils team that they believe has nothing to play for now and that with that win they'll leap into the playoffs.

B )

The Canucks lost tonight. Marty is now guaranteed to at least hold the single season wins record. Luongo would have to win his remaining 2, and Brodeur would either have to not play, or lose on Sunday for Luongo to tie him. Although I'm almost positive this that a goalie will break 50 within..say, the next 2 or 3 seasons, I'm sure Marty would like to play on Sunday.

Being a hockey fan who grew up on long island, nothing would make me more happy then for Brodeur to send the fishermen off to golf...THIS IS NOT A TIME OF REST - IT IS A TIME TO ROAR INTO THE POSTSEASON FULL BLAST AND ON A ROLL!!! :koolaid:

The Canucks lost tonight. Marty is now guaranteed to at least hold the single season wins record. Luongo would have to win his remaining 2, and Brodeur would either have to not play, or lose on Sunday for Luongo to tie him. Although I'm almost positive this that a goalie will break 50 within..say, the next 2 or 3 seasons, I'm sure Marty would like to play on Sunday.

With Luongo losing, there is essentially no reason even for personal reasons to play Marty.

He absolutely has to sit.

With Luongo losing, there is essentially no reason even for personal reasons to play Marty.

That's a good point, but if he doesn't want a week off between games, than I think he should be allowed to play.

No, Luongo could still tie Marty for the record. Marty can get to 49 wins if the Devs beat the Isles. Now if the Canucks lose the Sharks tomorrow night, that's a different story because then all Luongo could do is tie Parent's record with a win against I believe Phoenix on Sunday.

Brodeur most likely will play tomorrow and has another two records he could be owning. The most games played in a season (79) and most wins in a two year period (92). He will play tomorrow to keep the hot streak going. There will be plenty of rest for the playoffs possibly 3 plus days as the Devils look like Game 1 will be on Thursday @ CAA. :evil:

Brodeur most likely will play tomorrow and has another two records he could be owning. The most games played in a season (79) and most wins in a two year period (92). He will play tomorrow to keep the hot streak going. There will be plenty of rest for the playoffs possibly 3 plus days as the Devils look like Game 1 will be on Thursday @ CAA. :evil:

It's not about personal records it is about the team... ask Lou.

If they don;t play Clemmy what is he suppose to think? What if we need him?

If Brodeur doesn't play tomorrow then he will have 5 days off since his last start. We all know in Brodeur's mind that is unacceptable and he has to be happy because he's our most important player. If he wants to play he'll play.

Who cares what Clemmenssen thinks. If we need him then that means the season is over anyway.

can't disagree there... if something happened to Marty I'd feel better with Doyle in net because he's been playing all year long anyway, and it says plenty the two years in the Brodeur era when the backup never saw light of day (Corey Schwab the first time around didn't even get to play in garbage time the year Brodeur set the most minutes played in a season back in 1996)

Either way, just accept Marty is playing tomorrow :koolaid:

Luongo won today, if he wins his last game he ties Marty...Marty has to play. The Devils haven't played since Thursday, probably won't play for another 3 or 4 days after Sunday, it'll be a packed house for the last ever regular season game ever at the CAA, and of course there are the personal records. He has to play.

After the Laffs/Montreal game don Cherry was saying that if Lou doesn't play Marty it means he's greedy. I don't really see how it would be greedy on Lous part but I do see his point that he should play 100% because down the road he may want a favor...

Edited by annabelle