N.F.L. Week 16

CRASHER

Dallas is going nowhere.....I think we will see a Chargers vs Eagles Super Bowl, unfortunately.... :puke:

I agree on the Chargers.... but I'm not sure on the NFC yet... I think people are jumping off the New Orleans bandwagon WAY fast here....

Green Bay is better then people think too....

but tonight's not the night to worry about that yet... it's basking in the X next to the team's name and worry about getting that home game next week!!!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree on the Chargers.... but I'm not sure on the NFC yet... I think people are jumping off the New Orleans bandwagon WAY fast here....

With good reason, even passing off the Cowboy loss as one off day against a good team they've been less than impressive down the stretch against teams like the Rams, Redskins, a depleted Falcons team without their QB and RB and the disasterous Bucs game today.

Maybe you're right on Green Bay but I still remember them curling up in a ball twice when Favre stepped on the field, not to mention their own home loss to Tampa. But they have been pretty good in the last few weeks, unlike the Saints.

Edited by Hasan4978

Green Bay is better then people think too....

but tonight's not the night to worry about that yet... it's basking in the X next to the team's name and worry about getting that home game next week!!!

The Saints shot their load early. They are all smoke and mirrors. If Miami didn't choke in the 2nd half they were buried. Close wins over Atlanta twice and the Rams. Your new scumbag FG kicker Suisham screwed me bad when he was a Skin...missed a chip shot FG to go up 10 pts with less than 2 minutes left vs Saints. I was down to me and another guy in my Survivor Pool that week and he had the Saints. Complete robbery. I had the Bengals that week and they already had won. This damn pool is STILL going on! If I do not win eventually I will forever curse Suisham and his absolute sh!t-iness for costing me about $600! But yea, I think they are toast. I am predicting an Eagles/Vikes NFC championship game, but would not be surprised to see the Cardinals in there either.

With good reason, even passing off the Cowboy loss as one off day against a good team they've been less than impressive down the stretch against teams like the Rams, Redskins, a depleted Falcons team without their QB and RB and the disasterous Bucs game today.

Maybe you're right on Green Bay but I still remember them curling up in a ball twice when Favre stepped on the field, not to mention their own home loss to Tampa. But they have been pretty good in the second half of the season, unlike the Saints.

You name me the team that hasn't sh!t the bed 1, 2 or even three times this year??

Just the Colts and Saints got breaks in their games and WON them

I think the best 4 teams in the NFC are not getting byes in the playoffs and one of those four (again) will represent the NFC

it's not a bold prediction I know :P

dr33, any chance fox is still fired? we sure could use a dc. ive been thinking about the giants a lot today. you know since winning the sb we've gotten very greedy. thats good in a way, you want to see the team do well. you cant be a contender every single year. oh well sh!t happens, they'll be back next year

Fox is doing a heck of a job coaching this football team down the stretch with dominating victories against the Vikings and Giants. But at the same time, if Fox had just benched Delhomme...the Panthers are in the playoffs. I'm not sure what Jerry Richardson (the owner) is going to do. I think he is frustrated that the Panthers have never had back-to-back winning seasons. Fox has done a good job, but he stays with veterans way too long. The Panthers were using Deshaun Foster as their feature back for two years over DeAngelo Williams when everyone in the world knew DeAngelo was much better.

the giants have won a super bowl this century. the cowboys havent won a playoff game.

But see the Cowboys have a chance to break that this year..... I don't think you can say the same... do try playing hard in that scrimmage with the Vikings next week B )

Lulz.

If you're wondering, your tears taste delicious.

This is a perfect example why all fan bases are all the same no matter what anyone says. What DP26 just did was the "how many rings" response. Now this is something Devils fan constantly use, especially against Rangers fans who might bring up 1994, 1997, or 2008. What would your response be to a Rangers fan who laughed at you after the 2008 playoff wloss? You'd probably mention the rings the Devils had since the Rangers last won a Cup...wouldn't you?

I really don't get what point you're trying to get at. I'm a sports fan... blind as I may be, for the time being, I have the bragging rights.. no matter how obnoxious the gints fans are. I don't think he's a terrible person for talking smack...its what he should have done. I'm a sore loser when my teams lose, and a sore winner when my teams win. Big deal. I'm not the minority.

As long as you admit it...

I was talking to a beyond delusional Jets fan earlier who was claiming the Jets would pose a threat to the Pats should they meet in the playoffs....all I can say is...sorry Jets fans, Brady & Co. would wax them badly in Foxborough....

There's no way they play the Patriots regardless. If they win they get the fifth seed and Cinci gets the fourth. If they lose they're out.

You name me the team that hasn't sh!t the bed 1, 2 or even three times this year??

Just the Colts and Saints got breaks in their games and WON them

Problem is the Saints crested with the Pats game and haven't been the same since in much the same way the Devils did after #552 last year.

Well... if the Vikings lose tomorrow... the Cowboys need to win, have Green Bay and Arizona lose, and have the Vagiants beat the Fraud-led-Vikes.. IF all of that happens, we get a 1st round bye B)

That can't happen, they play each other next week in AZ.

There's no way they play the Patriots regardless. If they win they get the fifth seed and Cinci gets the fourth. If they lose they're out.

Problem is the Saints crested with the Pats game and haven't been the same since in much the same way the Devils did after #552 last year.

I am too lazy to look at all the complex situations....is there anyway the Jets get in even if they lose?

I am too lazy to look at all the complex situations....is there anyway the Jets get in even if they lose?

Basically no...Pittsburgh's playing Miami next week, and if the Jets lose one of those teams will finish ahead of them - either the Steelers at 9-7 or Miami with the head-to-head tiebreaker.

Plus Jacksonville would have to lose at Cleveland, Baltimore would have to lose at Oakland and Denver would have to lose at home to Kansas City. And Houston would have to lose at home to New England. Even then it's doubtful with all the teams that'd be at 8-8 with what tiebreakers they work out.

But all of that is not happening anyway.

Edited by Hasan4978

So I'm wrong in gloating? After all that horsesh!t I had to put up with from these fake-fans (not the ones on the board... the ones who say "hey! the new yorks won the super bowl! let me buy a jersey!" and talk sh!t... after all of that, I don't have the right to basque in glory because MY TEAM is in the playoffs and THEIR TEAM isn't?

I guess you have the right to do what you want. It's a message board. I don't know what Giants fans were at your school after they won, probably pretty cocky and sh!t like any team's fans would be. But the Cowboys right now are like Leafs, Rangers and Habs fans right now. Talking a lot of smack and talking a lot of history when nothing they have done recently has given them much to talk smack about. I think the Cowboys are in a group of 4-5 teams who didn't win a playoff game this decade or in the last 13 years.

You can laugh at Giants fans all you want. But if you do lose 61-0 or lose in the first game...then Cowboys fans do look pretty stupid and the playoff birth doesn't mean sh!t. That's all. And Giants fans can once again look at the SB win in 2008, while Cowboys fans go back to ripping on Wade, Garrett, Romo or whoever else.

Talking smack isn't my style...but it seems it's the norm out there.

i said this in response to getting ripped on how the giants are an awful franchise because they missed the playoffs and the cowboys got in. right after i admitted i didnt mind how the season ended. his whole response was trying to get a rise out of people and i took the bait. i would've took it again too, because its damn funny. anybody who gets bent out of shape over this is pretty sad too.

Talking smack isn't my style...but it seems it's the norm out there.

It's not mine either... my style of writing comes off as it just cause I get all my passion (and anyone who's sat with me at the bar on Sunday sees this).... but it is a nice feeling to sit smile and enjoy the next week or two for once...

Line of the night tonight from Peyton Manning "there was no head coach to QB arguments or confrontations about the decision!"

Gotta love the dig from one fraud to another though :P

How do you take the guy out MID-DRIVE up 3 points though??? That was as asinine as Childress trying to pull BF04 last week

next week's gonna have some fun football games though!

You're right. So if Arizona wins, I guess we get the spot because of conference record? I know there's a way for us to get it, I just don't know what it is :)

Al Michaels did say how the Cowboys could get the bye. I think Green Bay has to beat Arizona, which would put the Cards at 10-6, if the 'Boys beat the Eagles, Dallas will finish 11-5 and win their division. Even though Green Bay would finish at 11-5 and hold the tie breaker vs Dallas, Green Bay will not be a division winner.

This will all be moot unless the Vikings lose their last two games.The Vikes and Pack would both finish 11-5 but the Vikes get the tie breaker because they beat the Pack twice.

Geez this is complicated.