GDT: Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils

NJCroMag

Now all of a sudden 1-1 is slanted in terms of penalties? :lol: I remember quite a few times last night thinking thank goodness they didn't call that one when we did something that could have been called a penalty. Yeah, they probably missed more on them but tough noogies...we have the best PK in the league or one of them. One call shouldn't make the difference.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Boston has a negative penalty differential, so clearly someone is getting the calls against Boston.

Taormina gets interfered with on the play leading up to goal #2, DeBoer even mentioned it in his press conference. On goal #3, Foster gets cross-checked or interfered with before the goal.

Well I didn't catch those. I just felt like the team shouldn't have even been in that position in the first place with the way they played leading up to those goals.

Couldn't catch this one but obviously we fell apart and its a shame Marty couldn't get above the .900 save percentage. but how did Josefson and Henrique look?

JJ looks pretty rad if you ask me. His passing skills are definitely bringing something to the team. Henrique, eh..if you ask me, he wasn't ready to be out there. He looked very tender and IMO was no where near 100%.

Couldn't catch this one but obviously we fell apart and its a shame Marty couldn't get above the .900 save percentage. but how did Josefson and Henrique look?

To me, Josefson looked like he was rushing to move the puck. He was either shooting or passing the moment it touched his stick. I remember Zach saying that this was one of the toughest adjustments he had to make coming back from injury, so I expect it to take some time with Josefson too. Otherwise, he seemed fine.

Henrique seemed OK. Maybe not quite up to full speed, but he didn't seem impeded or anything.

All that matters is making the playoffs. If you're in the playoffs then all bets are off. Every playoff team has a shot at winning the Cup.

(crap, I missed this whole page of posts...)

Edited by ohms law

I find it hard to blame the refs for the game considering Boston had one power play the entire game. Even if Feremce is a wanker.

Forget that the Bruins got just one PP. I blame refs all the time for affecting the outcome of games too much but to blame them for our failures last night is ridiculous. It's very simple why we lost: when the Devils stopped playing, the Bruins kept playing.

All in all that game showed that we haven't come as far away from our weak points as we all thought. It took the best team to re-expose what is still lacking:

1. Our PP sucks

2. average goaltending

3. ridiculous defensive breakdowns

4. an inability to play for 60 minutes

5. not finishing our chances

Edited by ben00rs

“I think what separates the Bruins from everybody else right now is for me they have the best fourth-line in hockey—(Gregory) Campbell, (Danielle) Paille and (Shawn) Thornton,” DeBoer said. “They’ve each got 5-6-7 goals. They play physical. They are a momentum-changing line.

“That depth is really a big part of the Boston Bruins. I’m not sure I’ve seen another team in the Eastern Conference with that type of depth, although Philly would be right up there in the next grouping of teams.”

Absolutely.

Forget that the Bruins got just one PP. I blame refs all the time for affecting the outcome of games too much but to blame them for our failures last night is ridiculous. It's very simple why we lost: when the Devils stopped playing, the Bruins kept playing.

All in all that game showed that we haven't come as far away from our weak points as we all thought. It took the best team to re-expose what is still lacking:

1. Our PP sucks

2. average goaltending

3. ridiculous defensive breakdowns

4. an inability to play for 60 minutes

5. not finishing our chances

I'm not going to lie, watching the highlights of the Tampa Bay Lightning handling the Bruins after we lost to them last night is really bothering me. fvcking lame.

Would you rather switches places with them in the standings?

Life is going to be better when you learn how to relax my friend! :koolaid:

Let's be honest, the Bruins get motivated to play us because of Julien. Plus there's a difference between playing a playoff team and having a road game against a bad team in a three-four nights situation.

Because of Julien? You really think that they get fired up because their coach got fired by the Devils 5 years ago, something that had nothing at all to do with them?

They weren't fired up. They were flat for most of the game. They got a break and capitalized.

Would you rather switches places with them in the standings?

Life is going to be better when you learn how to relax my friend! :koolaid:

Good point, no I wouldn't want that.

I was feeling kind of relaxed when the Pens were down 4-2 about 10 minutes ago. There we go, back to good old 4th in the Atlantic, 7th in the Conference. Yay! :koolaid::evilcry:

Freakin' Latang ..that guy is an excellent player.

Subban on the other hand...not a fan. Please dear lord I pray we don't trade for him.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

Yea, that's ridiculous.

Julien: "C'mon guys - this team fired me a few years back, let's not let them live that down...they gave up on me and I know you guys won't"

And how many times have we beaten the Bruins the last three years since they actually got good? They never seem to have a letdown against us.

And how many times have we beaten the Bruins the last three years since they actually got good? They never seem to have a letdown against us.

That's cuz they have just plain been a better team and we happen to be one team that they stack up well against. Certain teams play better against other teams based on the way they are built. I'm sure Julien has some tips he can give his players on Marty and Patty but other than that his past has nothing to do with it - except for personal satisfaction - if even that, which I doubt he even thinks about anymore.