USA Soccer

Devils Pride 26

What a game today. Nobody thought the US would beat Egypt 3-0, let alone Brazil beating Italy 3-0 too. Days like today can turn around a program. Lets see if they can carry it over vs. Spain. The Dempsey and Bradley goals were beautiful, I love the switch field pass placed perfectly. Davies goal was hard work and a little bit of luck. I was really shocked that Bradley would take out Altidore he's the only real striker that can scare a lot of teams. But damn, how can you question that after how good they played today?

GO US

I hope to see Wednesday's game. I've only seen South Africa play Egypt, but I've been trying to keep up with whats going on. I thought the U.S. team had no chance after losing their second game, crazy turn of events. I think the game is on ESPN around 2:30 est, correct me if I'm wrong.

I normally root for the Italians if the U.S. gets knocked out, since my heritage is Italian. But I had an argument with my cousin which stirred some hatred towards seeing that team win. Though me and my cousin are third generation Americans, he still feels his nationality and culture are Italian. I shouldn't even have argued with him because he has no argument. He's a complete moron with an identity crisis. I can understand why some people can't stand Italian-Americans. Anyway, happy to see the U.S. knock out Italy in the fashion they did.

wow that game vs spain is going to be very difficult, i saw some good stats from them on ESPN when discussing the soccer tournament (iirc, spain 15 has straight matches without losing, haven't given up a goal yet in this tournament, top ranked in the world .. some might be wrong, im just trying to go by my memory)

Edited by nmigliore

wow that game vs spain is going to be very difficult, i saw some good stats from them on ESPN when discussing the soccer tournament (iirc, spain 15 has straight matches without losing, haven't given up a goal yet in this tournament, top ranked in the world .. some might be wrong, im just trying to go by my memory)

I think Spain's winning streak was longer, like 31 or something ridiculous like that

Anyway, happy to see the U.S. knock out Italy in the fashion they did.

I don't think the US technically knocked Italy out, I think once Italy lost 3-0 to Brazil they were done regardless of the result of the US/Egypt game because if USA won by 3 then they advanced, and if they didn't then Egypt would have advanced. I could be wrong but that was my understanding of it.

I don't think the US technically knocked Italy out, I think once Italy lost 3-0 to Brazil they were done regardless of the result of the US/Egypt game because if USA won by 3 then they advanced, and if they didn't then Egypt would have advanced. I could be wrong but that was my understanding of it.

Egypt got knocked out first due to goal differential being the worst(-3), then US and Italy tied(-2) and US got the tiebreaker for having scored more than Italy. Egypt would have also won the tiebreaker against Italy so Italy was done once they lost 3-0 to Brazil.

Egypt got knocked out first due to goal differential being the worst(-3), then US and Italy tied(-2) and US got the tiebreaker for having scored more than Italy. Egypt would have also won the tiebreaker against Italy so Italy was done once they lost 3-0 to Brazil.

Ah so I guess it depends on how you look at it, in order of tiebreakers or chronological order.

Congrats to team USA. A very impressive performance, which I, like many others, did not expect. They were blocking shots like a hockey penalty killing unit :)

That red card for Bradley was a complete joke. I feel bad for the guy missing the final because of this stupid call.