GDT: Flyers @ Devils (feat. My Little Poni)

Marshall

I agree most of the year it's been soft GT but come on..this game, and Boston are not Martys fault. We can't fvcking score now. We haven't been able to since Calgary.

It's just bad luck, and it comes and goes. We outshot Boston 31-25 and are outshooting Philly 30-17. You shouldn't be losing those games 4-1. Pittsburgh lost 6 in a row in which they scored something like 8 goals total or something like that, and since then they've been scoring in bunches. It just so happened that we hit a scoring rut against the wrong teams at the wrong time. I don't think you can say we really played badly, except for some isolated pockets here and there.

Edited by Amberite

Chico was just talking about the Devils not scoring, as well.

It's just bad luck, and it comes and goes. We outshot Boston 31-25 and are outshooting Philly 30-17. You shouldn't be losing those games 4-1. Pittsburgh lost 6 in a row in which they scored something like 8 goals total or something like that, and since then they've been scoring in bunches. It just so happened that we hit a scoring rut against the wrong teams at the wrong time. I don't think you can say we really played badly, except for some isolated pockets here and there.

It's not bad luck it's just crappy play. Our play oscillates like crazy. We gotta keep the pressure up for 60 minutes. Plus we have no sense of agression. Too passive.

It's not bad luck it's just crappy play. Our play oscillates like crazy. We gotta keep the pressure up for 60 minutes. Plus we have no sense of agression. Too passive.

I have no idea what you're talking about. We've been hard on the forecheck, and we dictated play for most of the game. There's a reason why Philly called a timeout in the 2nd. Not sure how you can say we're playing crappy after something like that.

Yes, there are times when we let up for a few minutes and it costs us, and that's why I said that one of our problems is not playing a full 60 minutes. Fundamentally, however, this team is able to control play when they want to, even against Boston or Philly.

Damn, either there are a lot of Flyer fans there today or MSG's turning up the volume on the sound late.

What does it say when an over-the-hill Marty and a guy on a jetlag high were our two best players today? Not to mention being outscored 28-11 by the Bruins, Rangers and Flyers this year. I can't remember the last time we beat a legitmately good team (Pittsburgh without most of its team doesn't count).

Afternoon game, so I can't say that I'm too surprised. The guys were playing better at first, but after the Flyers started hitting you could see them sorta deflate. Disappointing.

Marty played well today. Poni had a damn good game and impressed the hell out of me for someone who hasnt really known much about him. Taormina busted his ass and really stepped up after Tallinder's injury.

Agreed, all the way around. I'm really happy about getting Ponikarovsky, now.

I have no idea what you're talking about. We've been hard on the forecheck, and we dictated play for most of the game. There's a reason why Philly called a timeout in the 2nd. Not sure how you can say we're playing crappy after something like that.

Yes, there are times when we let up for a few minutes and it costs us, and that's why I said that one of our problems is not playing a full 60 minutes. Fundamentally, however, this team is able to control play when they want to, even against Boston or Philly.

I'm just saying it's not bad luck when you don't play a full 60 minutes.

Those Bastards won!

Just a very predictable team right now.

They're the same team that started off losing to the Flyers 3-0 first game of the season. Nothing has changed. It won't change. This is them and I've accepted it. I just hope they can beat the Rangers a few times..who just won.

This day fvcking sucks. fvcking lame. Thanks Devils. fvcking fading quick, lovely.

This was one of the most frustrating games to watch this year. This was a big game.

I think this game was the worst I've seen in a long time, just a lack of urgency in the third, and everybody standing around, (or falling down), horrible passing etc etc

Edited by hargsy

yeah this is pretty much my assessment. i do think NJ is not getting enough chances off the rush against these teams, but that's why they're good - they don't give you those chances.

Foster is a piece of sh!t. He should be banished from the NHL.

Not the only comment on Foster that I've seen. Y'all are crazy. And wrong.