New Jersey Devils 2012 NHL Awards

snartly

Well, the NHL awards are happening today, so why not have the 201 NHL New Jersey Devils Awards Ceremony with all the NHL trohpies in it? Some of them have only 2 or 3 choices, so lets see what other people have in mind of "our team":

Hart Memorial Trophy

Vezina Trophy

James Norris Memorial Trophy

Calder Memorial Trophy

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy

Frank J. Selke Trophy

Jack Adams Award (can be head or assistant coach in this one)

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

Ted Lindsay Award (formerly Lester B. Pearson Award)

Bridgestone Messier Leadership Award

NHL Foundation Award

General Manager of the Year

Here are my picks:

Hart Memorial Trophy- Ilya Kovalchuk

Vezina Trophy- Martin Brodeur

James Norris Memorial Trophy- Anton Volchenkov

Calder Memorial Trophy- Adam Henrique

Lady Byng Memorial Trophy- Adam Henrique

Frank J. Selke Trophy- Zach Parise

Jack Adams Award (can be head or assistant coach in this one)- Peter DeBoer

Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy- Peter Sykora

Ted Lindsay Award (formerly Lester B. Pearson Award)- Zach Parise

Bridgestone Messier Leadership Award- Zach Parise

NHL Foundation Award- David Clarkson (Clarky's Kids)

General Manager of the Year- Lou Lamoriello (Sorry if I butchered his name)

Edited by snartly

Tracy Morgan :rolleyes:

Heard Nickelback is in this too :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Why does this have to be all pomp and circumstance for 2 freakin hours? NBC need ratings now that the cup is over?

and of course a cheap shot at the devils..."I hear the devils got another penalty so I got time for a few jokes..." :blahblah:

Edited by Legion15

Because Landeskog is really good.

Psh.

If the voting took the playoffs under consideration Henrique would of won without a doubt.

Henrique had 2 OT playoff series clinchers as a rookie. I'm sure he'd rather have those then the trophy.

How did Henrique NOT win the Calder? This is a joke, like usual.

Because awards are awarded for regular season play.

There is not one sports league (college or pro) that give postseason awards with playoffs taken into consideration.

What' was the joke for those of us not watching?

Erin Andrews said something like "the Devils took another penalty so I have time for 3 jokes" or something like that.

Then she thanked the few people who laughed for laughing.

Not funny IMO.

Because landeskog and Nugent-Hopkins both had better seasons.

That plus they're both first-year pros and that probably gets them both brownie points in Calder voting. Funny that people now forget how much Henrique was struggling at the end of the regular season because of his playoff heroics.

The Queen forgot to thank his pads in his acceptance speech. They have to feel slighted.

thats a billion times funnier than the five minutes i watched. Luckily i caught the rookie trophy. I agree with others, Hendrique was struggling for a while in the regular season. If i voted, i d be afraid to vote for him, i'd think everyone was thinking i voted based on the playoffs as well. for the highlights they said the colorado guy, was the leading scorer on his team, i thought "he plays for the avalanche" but its still impressive. The OIler guy got a hat trick in his third professonal game. Henrique, they said, got the most short handed goals. I can accept him not winning it. Hes still great though, but all three are (So far). I then got bored and watched Zombieland, something i had been meaning to do. It insulted my intelligence (zombie survival intelligence, any other is lacking) but was a good flick.

Come on....THe guys good....playing on a team we hate....facts are facts...he's good !!!

+1

Imagine he played on a better team with more scoring talent, Canucks Penguins Red Wings..those teams would be unstoppable. Never seen a goalie carry a team like the way he just did.

Edited by Zubie#8