New Jersey Devils 2012 NHL Awards

snartly

+1

Imagine he played on a better team with more scoring talent, Canucks Penguins Red Wings..those teams would be unstoppable. Never seen a goalie carry a team like the way he just did.

Winning the cup is what its all about....guess he thinks the Rags are close...I think he would have much better chances elsewhere...would be waste of a talent like his to never get your name on the cup.

+1

Imagine he played on a better team with more scoring talent, Canucks Penguins Red Wings..those teams would be unstoppable. Never seen a goalie carry a team like the way he just did.

I have. His name was Dominik Hasek and he did it for basically all of the mid to late 90s. Then there's that Jonathan Quick guy this season. Virtually a deadlock statistically between him and Lundqvist during the regular season and then he goes on to put up historically great numbers in the postseason en route to a Stanley Cup. It's hard to even fathom the season Quick would have had if his team wasn't 29th in scoring during the regular season with 34 fewer goals for than the Rangers.

I have. His name was Dominik Hasek and he did it for basically all of the mid to late 90s. Then there's that Jonathan Quick guy this season. Virtually a deadlock statistically between him and Lundqvist during the regular season and then he goes on to put up historically great numbers in the postseason en route to a Stanley Cup. It's hard to even fathom the season Quick would have had if his team wasn't 29th in scoring during the regular season with 34 fewer goals for than the Rangers.

They were both great, but remember, Doughty may be the best blueliner in the league.

thats a billion times funnier than the five minutes i watched. Luckily i caught the rookie trophy. I agree with others, Hendrique was struggling for a while in the regular season. If i voted, i d be afraid to vote for him, i'd think everyone was thinking i voted based on the playoffs as well. for the highlights they said the colorado guy, was the leading scorer on his team, i thought "he plays for the avalanche" but its still impressive. The OIler guy got a hat trick in his third professonal game. Henrique, they said, got the most short handed goals. I can accept him not winning it. Hes still great though, but all three are (So far). I then got bored and watched Zombieland, something i had been meaning to do. It insulted my intelligence (zombie survival intelligence, any other is lacking) but was a good flick.

The voting is done before the playoffs begin. When they announce the finalists, those are the guys that finished top three in voting.

The voting is done before the playoffs begin. When they announce the finalists, those are the guys that finished top three in voting.

yeah, i know that, thats what i meant. id be afraid taht if i voted for Henrique, they would think his playoff play tainted my vote because he struggled late in the regular season.

yeah, i know that, thats what i meant. id be afraid taht if i voted for Henrique, they would think his playoff play tainted my vote because he struggled late in the regular season.

Unless you drive a modified 1981 DeLorean DMC-12 how could they have thought his playoff play tainted your vote if the voting is done before the playoffs?

opps missed that part, didnt realize the voting was done BEFORE the playoffs. read that wrong. good work on specifying the DeLorean type. learned something else tonight. Nevr watched a NHL award show before (though 5 min). i was glad to hear marty won an award for best save. it was pretty sweet.

opps missed that part, didnt realize the voting was done BEFORE the playoffs. read that wrong. good work on specifying the DeLorean type. learned something else tonight. Nevr watched a NHL award show before (though 5 min). i was glad to hear marty won an award for best save. it was pretty sweet.

Meh I won't take credit for that, had to look it up on wikipedia first haha

That show was f'n terrible, and that is putting it mildly. I actually switched over to Law and Order reruns and just checked back periodically to hear the announcements. They need to stop with the "entertainment" aspect and run it like a HS awards assembly. Just hand out the hardware and be done with it. If you need to fill some time, give out some lifetime achievement awards or do some stuff to honor the games past.

I disagree, i think the Jay Mohr years were funny and I like how the NHL does a show, and not just announce them in a press release.

I remember a couple of years ago, Jay Mohr did a great job, but then they have weird musical acts or circus performances like last year.

Other comedians would definitely host the show, Nickelback is fine...people just want to complain. They aren't the greatest band, but for a one song performance who cares, give these guys some credit - they sell out buildings and are hockey fans. They aren't faking it like some other "celebs."

It just needs a better producer.

I disagree, i think the Jay Mohr years were funny and I like how the NHL does a show, and not just announce them in a press release.

I remember a couple of years ago, Jay Mohr did a great job, but then they have weird musical acts or circus performances like last year.

Other comedians would definitely host the show, Nickelback is fine...people just want to complain. They aren't the greatest band, but for a one song performance who cares, give these guys some credit - they sell out buildings and are hockey fans. They aren't faking it like some other "celebs."

It just needs a better producer.

I love Nickelback.

:ph34r:

Edited by Zubie#8

I wonder, though, exactly how much of a hockey fan Jay Mohr really is.

Remember a year or two back on the show when he referred to Tampa's GM as "Steve Wiserman"?

[epic facepalm]

Edited by NJCroMag

Will Arnett doing fake Shanny was pretty funny. Definitely the funniest thing they did. Everything else was predictably lame and awkward.

"I'm the almighty Brendan Shanahan of the National Department of Ass-Kicking." :lol:

That skit was pretty funny but even parts of that just seemed forced and not funny. The whole show for a while now has just felt kind of awkward with people trying to be funny that just aren't.

"I'm the almighty Brendan Shanahan of the National Department of Ass-Kicking." :lol:

That skit was pretty funny but even parts of that just seemed forced and not funny. The whole show for a while now has just felt kind of awkward with people trying to be funny that just aren't.

That's pretty much all award shows in general. It was much more cheesy and bad growing up in the 90s and watching, but there wasn't social media to sh!t on it.

Will Arnett doing fake Shanny was pretty funny. Definitely the funniest thing they did. Everything else was predictably lame and awkward.

I thought the first two Shanny skits were funny, but things got a little old and awkward when they tried to do the same type of skit four times. I agree it was the funniest thing they did, but somebody producing the show has got to realize you can't do the same joke four times; I don't know how they thought they were going to get away with that.

In case anyone was wondering, here are the voting results.

Here's how our guys did.

Jack Adams:

DeBoer finished 9th with 4 third place votes.

GM of the Year:

Lamoriello finished 12th with 1 third place vote, tied with Ray Shero.

Lady Byng:

Elias was 7th with 3 first place votes, 5 second, 9 third, 13 fourth, 13 fifth.

Henrique tied with Pascal Dupuis and Brad Boyes for 31st with 1 third place vote.

Calder:

Henrique waas 3rd with 3 first place votes, 19 second, 59 third, 50 fourth, 12 fifth.

Larsson tied for 12th with Marc-Andre Gragnani, Andrew Shaw, and Craig Smith, with 1 fifth place vote.

Selke:

Parise was 18th with 1 second place vote, 1 third place vote, and 2 fourth place.

Elias was 19th with 5 fourth place votes.

Hart:

Kovalchuk was 10th with 1 second place vote, 2 third place, 5 fourth place, 6 fifth.