All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

So lets say we can resign him for $3-3.5M for 1-2 years, would you sign him? I would. He's slightly overpriced right now, not by much, but a little. For us, that's an acceptable overpayment for a product we've been trying hard to find, so if we could sign him for a bit less, it's even better to me. Then he can help next couple years to teach the young guys a few things that no one else on our D can do.

I'm not trying to be difficult, I swear, but I wouldn't.  I'd much rather keep the spot open to a Harrold/Fayne type player, or one of the young guns chomping at the bit.

haha No one's forcing you to follow him, man. But regardless, I like what he brings to the table regarding our prospects (who I otherwise don't see being reported about anywhere), and odds and ends stats he seems to find. Different strokes for different folks! Maybe I don't follow the right people?

i like what he brings too youre not alone

So lets say we can resign him for $3-3.5M for 1-2 years, would you sign him? I would. He's slightly overpriced right now, not by much, but a little. For us, that's an acceptable overpayment for a product we've been trying hard to find, so if we could sign him for a bit less, it's even better to me. Then he can help next couple years to teach the young guys a few things that no one else on our D can do.

I'd resign him for 2 years at $2.5M tops. He's getting old and hasn't convinced me that he can play at a high level up to age 39..

Oh I thought Bishop was a UFA after this season, yeah its an alright deal then (although Conacher has oodles of potential) but they gave up a lot on their other monster goalie, what if both of these guys do not pan out?

Edited by Zubie#8

Sure hope Zids is going no where. He's the only pmd we have. Atleast offensively, he's not afraid to

shoot the dam thing, plus he's faster than any of our other d-men. I would definatly sign for fair value

Oh I thought Bishop was a UFA after this season, yeah its an alright deal then but they gave up a lot on their other monster goalie, what if both of these guys do not pan out?

Yeah, Bishop is RFA, so it's not too bad since they're near guaranteed to sign him for next year. Plus OTT has Lehner as their young goalie of the future and Anderson to hold down the fort until then.

Conacher is 23 already, and after putting up 12 points in his first 7 GP, he's put up 12 in the 28 GP since.  Also has a 17.0 shooting%, which seems like it will come down.  He only has 35 GP in the NHL to date, but I don't see him as a big-time prospect...seems like a guy who's never going to live up to that hot start.