GDT: Devils @ Hurricanes 7:00 PM EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, by defensive philosophy do you mean playing neider and pando?

Well, show me all this "solid positional play" that you hear about.

He's got the tools.

I don't think that the addition of PM or "rest" warrants enough to insure another playoff round.

Has he lost the room?

Just asking....

What a disastrous night. Completely frustrating...

But you know what, maybe it's actually good they got their asses delivered in their last game before the break. This way, they won't be thinking "all right, we won our last one, everything's going ok". When they come back from the Olympics, they will know they have a lot to do. And the ones staying home will have plenty to think about during their days off.

The only reason I'm not calling for Lemaire's head right now is the Olympic break. It somehow gives me hope things will start working again, although I have to admit, I'm starting to doubt it more and more when I see the Devs playing like this. A slump is a slump, but when the team plays like sh!t for a month and a half and even a blockbuster trade doesn't help... you gotta wonder what the coach is doing. If it's five games after the Olympics and they are still losing most of their games, not scoring a sh!t on the powerplay and giving up leads, it's officially time to panic!

I wonder what the Canadian coaches are thinking seeing Marty being pulled in his last game. Maybe Brodeur resting would be good for the Devils after all, but I really want him to win another gold medal...

Okay, I started writing this before the Devils' two goals. Still, they don't wipe the first two horrible periods out of my head. Not during an awful slump like this.

EDIT: WTF, no goal... I'd say Auger is at it again, but the call came from Toronto...

Edited by Revan

Take the goals and stick them up your asses. I would have rather seen them get shutout to be honest. The worse they lose the better because maybe a light bulb will go off in someones head and they'll realize that there are issues with this "team"

Slumps happen, I understand that. Injuries make things harder, I understand that as well. But this doesn't feel like a slump anymore. These games reek of players not being on the same page. They reek of players not making smart decisions. Its just a total clusterfvck out there at this point.

Edited by SickMan