The Rock getting EPIC event. But what?

oat77

The Prudential Center sent out this tweet earlier.

MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW! An epic global sporting event is coming to #TheRock. We'll share soon. You’re not going to believe it! Guesses?

Could it be the all star game? 

My bad. Just realized I should of put this in The Rock section.

Edited by oat77

I bet to them it is since there's Hall of Famers billed. Would not shock me one bit for that to be the "epic event"

And 'worldwide' considering it's a lot of Russian hockey players too lol.

Was kinda hoping it'd be the All-Star game, even though I don't normally care for it but you generally only get one chance in a lifetime to go :P

I feel like something NCAA basketball related makes the most sense. I don't know about the finals (aren't they usually in stadiums these days? I don't really know, don't watch it), but maybe regional finals?

Or maybe something Super Bowl related? I know they've already got media day, is there anything else huge going on around Super Bowl time?

The All Star Game would be cool, but next year's an Olympics year, and the year after that I imagine they still owe to Columbus.

Didn't the NCAA then said we are back on when the sports gambling was shot down by the courts?  I know the state is trying to appeal in the mean time.

Yes.   When the federal courts struck down NJ's challenge to the sport betting law, the NCAA took back it's ban on postseason tournaments being held in NJ but left open the possibility of reinstituting the ban should the state win on appeal. 

Not to get too high and mighty, but it is extremely hypocritical of the NCAA (and all professional sports leagues) to claim that sports betting is bad for college athletics when so much money is gambled illegally on things like the NCAA tournament, Super Bowl, etc. 

Yes.   When the federal courts struck down NJ's challenge to the sport betting law, the NCAA took back it's ban on postseason tournaments being held in NJ but left open the possibility of reinstituting the ban should the state win on appeal. 

Not to get too high and mighty, but it is extremely hypocritical of the NCAA (and all professional sports leagues) to claim that sports betting is bad for college athletics when so much money is gambled illegally on things like the NCAA tournament, Super Bowl, etc. 

The NCAA is all about the $$$$. They fuel the gambling fire, then pull bs like this. Hypocrites.

The NCAA is all about the $$$$. They fuel the gambling fire, then pull bs like this. Hypocrites.

Yeah I don't get it. Why do they care? IT happens illegally. They put up the damned spreads in the papers so why pretend you aren't benifiting from it?

Yeah I don't get it. Why do they care? IT happens illegally. They put up the damned spreads in the papers so why pretend you aren't benifiting from it?

Because the NCAA is hypocritical in every possible facet. 

Half the money raised in this event will probably be paid to fly these obese lards to the Pru Center.  Anything to get a free vacation in NYC on someone else's dime...

And here I was thinking it would be a TelleTubby on ICE reunion tour being announced.