2013-2014 Attendance

Mike Brown

Because there won't be as many free tickets and absurd ticket discounts this time around. The fact that they made being a bad team somewhat fun in the 2nd half peaked curiosity and gained interest to fill even the free seats. 

Exactly

We were a horrendous team under MacLean, and then came on like an all star team in the second half.  Freebies/promos for every game to get some excitement in the stands.

This team is nowhere near as entertaining as that team; and the deals will not be there as RedStorm pointed out.

My unconditional love for the Devs/seeing Marty in possibly his last year/and Jags in a Devils jersey are the few things that will keep me going back to my seat at The Rock if we are out of it.

You guys will be surprised when the attendance actually goes up in the 2nd half.

If we are still in the hunt it is definitely possible.  Football being over etc always leads to boosted ratings/attendance for the NHL.

This will also be deceiving because most of those games are against Western teams we do not see that often, so there is a novelty factor.  Parise's return.  Then the obvious Rangers rivalry and some other decent Eastern Conference foes...

Time will tell

Why do you waste your time? Genuine question. Why does stuff like this bother you so much?

Genuine answer, I shouldn't but we are fans of a hockey team not attendance or food fans. Plus IMO it is stupid to post the game attendance number, we don't post the score cause we know where to find the info.

Devils gave two tickets to all teachers who brought school ID tonight.  I had two free seats in Section 15, Row 8.  Well worth the price of admission tonight!!  I wonder how many tickets were given away tonight.

2 tickets to all teachers who brought school i.d. ... what the hell is that about ..rewarding school teachers for what? lol what about rewarding military or law enforcement .. people who deserve to get something back

2 tickets to all teachers who brought school i.d. ... what the hell is that about ..rewarding school teachers for what? lol what about rewarding military or law enforcement .. people who deserve to get something back

I believe military people got that same deal, as on rock vision they welcomed teachers and military personnel in the same fashion...

the devils were just trying to fill seats that were mostly going to go unsold...  and yes, military deserves free tickets, as the devils give out 100's of these every game...  but how can you say "rewarding school teachers for what?"

the devils were just trying to fill seats that were mostly going to go unsold...  and yes, military deserves free tickets, as the devils give out 100's of these every game...  but how can you say "rewarding school teachers for what?"

i wasnt trying to talk down on school teachers sorry if i offended anyone.. i just wasnt sure why they would give out free tickets to school teachers

i wasnt trying to talk down on school teachers sorry if i offended anyone.. i just wasnt sure why they would give out free tickets to school teachers

it was so the building wasn't empty.  there were A LOT of tickets available early in the week still.  i don't like day games, but the devils probably shouldn't try to compete with the NFL playoffs.  could've played at 3:00 (or earlier).

i have season tickets in 121, so sitting 8 rows from the ice was a nice change...  although only about 1/3 of the fans stand for goals down there.  probably a lot of the people sitting around me had free seats, as well.