Devils acquire Kyle Palmieri

jagknife

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is hugely exciting. I'm always complaining about Jersey players never trying to come play here in an era of everyone trying to play back home. Not as if it was his decision, but I'm sure he's happy to be coming here. Any idea if he was a Devils fan growing up?

I remember being at the Rock a few Decembers ago when he beat us in OT, and I thought to myself why the hell isn't he playing here

Edited by thecoffeecake

This is hugely exciting. I'm always complaining about Jersey players never trying to come play here in an era of everyone trying to play back home. Not as if it was his decision, but I'm sure he's happy to be coming here. Any idea if he was a Devils fan growing up?

Rangers fan

I remember being at the Rock a few Decembers ago when he beat us in OT, and I thought to myself why the hell isn't he playing here

Matt Loughlin ‏@MattLoug:

Palmieri was born on Long Island but raised in NJ. Grew up a Rangers fan however.

God that's the worst news. I'm still really excited though. So far the only NHLer I've heard about growing up a Devils fan is John Carlson, but I'm not even sure how true that is.

Santini was a Rangers fan as well, he said hes not anymore when he was drafted [emoji6]

God that's the worst news. I'm still really excited though. So far the only NHLer I've heard about growing up a Devils fan is John Carlson, but I'm not even sure how true that is.

Santini was a Rags fan too. It means nothing when these guys start doing it for a living.

I absolutely love this trade.

FWIW, I think they yanked it as being "official" as Anaheim was waiting to get in touch with Kyle who is overseas at the moment. I don't think they did yet, so they yanked the "official" tweets and postings about it for the night. Can't imagine it having fallen through, just sounds like Anaheim trying to do the right thing in informing the player before it's all over Anaheim social media when he wakes up.

Just got an alert that the trade isn't officially yet..

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

According to TG Shero might want the rights to Belesky as well and TG said Palmieri is out of the country and they want to contact him first before its official which I find strange.

Edit: oops DJ already explained it

Edited by Zubie#8

I want no part of him. He reminds me of Dave Bolland who hit free agency and received a stupid offer from Flordia.

I don't know much about him, but even if the guy is worse than Clowe and you can't put him on IR it won't be the end of the world. Again, we're not a cap team, and we don't have the depth that he could conceivably be taking someone else's spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know much about him, but even if the guy is worse than Clowe and you can't put him on IR it won't be the end of the world. Again, we're not a cap team, and we don't have the depth that he could conceivably be taking someone else's spot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's a left wing, where NJ actually does have depth.  It'd be a horrendous signing on all levels, he'd be unmovable from Game 10 here when it was revealed that he is not a good NHL player, which he isn't.  It would be an organizational failure through and through.