Colin White ignores eye risk and fights...

Rock

I don't know if he was scared, but I was scared for him. He showed a lot right there.

Yeah, he showed a lot of stupidity. It never ceases to amaze me how fans lose sight of reality -- hockey is a game played for the entertainment of the fans. We should applaud a player for risking total blindness to uphold some sort of "code" in this context? Please.

Yeah, he showed a lot of stupidity. It never ceases to amaze me how fans lose sight of reality -- hockey is a game played for the entertainment of the fans. We should applaud a player for risking total blindness to uphold some sort of "code" in this context? Please.

nice pun on 'sight' - however i suspect contract bridge or shuffleboard is more your speed.

now that we've dispensed with the trolling, athletes risk debilitating injury every time they step on to the playing surface, and many of them are left badly injured after their playing career is over, with permanent limps, brain damage, and so forth. colin white did what he thought was the right thing, and he'd probably do it again if given the choice. it's not for me to decide how colin white wants to act. was it stupid? of course it was - but is not some part of bravery a willingness to gloss over or forget about harm coming to one's self?

But did Colin White consent to the risk of having his eye punched in? What is the legality of this "code"? These are matters probably best left to a jury to decide.

nice pun on 'sight' - however i suspect contract bridge or shuffleboard is more your speed.

now that we've dispensed with the trolling, athletes risk debilitating injury every time they step on to the playing surface, and many of them are left badly injured after their playing career is over, with permanent limps, brain damage, and so forth. colin white did what he thought was the right thing, and he'd probably do it again if given the choice. it's not for me to decide how colin white wants to act. was it stupid? of course it was - but is not some part of bravery a willingness to gloss over or forget about harm coming to one's self?

Well, you'd suspect wrong. I'm not only a fan, but have played for twenty something years at this point.

There's bravery and then there's stupidity, as well as the old edict of "discretion is the better part of valor" and all that.

And yes, DanykoIsGod, Collin consented to having his lights punched out, even it it meant going blind. You know, there's a fine line between stupid and clever . . .

Edited by jsonnabend