1009 replies to this topic

#41 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 11:35 AM

Anyone going to the TNA show in NYC on Thursday?

Where and who is on the card???
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#42 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:56 PM

Where and who is on the card???

It was 2 weeks ago, and I heard it was a VERY good show
Angle vs Christian
Jay Lethal was on the card as was Samoa Joe
the Dudleys were there... Tommy Dreamer was visiting and Bubba called him out to come to the ring (he likes his job so he did say no)
Basically take the entire TV Card, remove all the drama and bad Russo over-booking and let the TALENT WRESTLE... and you get a good time

hell even the last PPV was VERY good.. NO RUN-INS DURING THE MAIN EVENT!!!!

Hopefully TNA is turning a corner :pray:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#43 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

I think TNA has a loooooooooooong way to go before it's a good brand. There are just too many things about it I dislike. Too late90-early 2000 WCW for my taste.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 CMONPETEYD

CMONPETEYD

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:02 PM

Anyone else get 2 free tickets to ROH Saturday in Dover?
My name changes every summer
Posted Image

#45 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

I really want to check out some Ring Of Honor shows. I have heard great things about them.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

What what what???

I really want to check out some Ring Of Honor shows. I have heard great things about them.

Well there is a ROH PPV show set to debut TONIGHT and run about a week or so.. it's only $15 too
ORDER IT!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#47 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 13 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

I'll have to check to see if Cablevision is carrying it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,979 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 10:57 PM

I did. The shows were really slowed down and suffered cause of the taping for the Wrestler. Friday was brutal but Saturday wasn't as bad.

As for the actual ROH card. Fridays was below average and Saturdays was average. I have been to a lot better ROH shows than these 2.

#49 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:23 PM

EXCELLENT news on the TNA Front as we near RassleMania weekend!!

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION (TNA) WRESTLING AND JOE HAND PROMOTIONS ANNOUNCE PAY-PER-VIEW COMMERCIAL DISTRIBUTION

Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling has chosen Joe Hand Promotions, Inc. as their exclusive commercial distributor of TNA Wrestling pay-per-view event programming in the United States and Canada, effective with “Lockdown 2008” airing worldwide exclusively on pay-per-view April 13.

Joe Hand Promotions will exclusively distribute all 12 of TNA’s monthly pay-per-view events, including “Lockdown” where every match takes place in the Six Sides of Steel; “Slammiversary,” the biggest professional wrestling event of the summer; and TNA’s marquee event “Bound For Glory” every October. The partnership will allow TNA pay-per-view events to be shown in public areas such as bars and restaurants.

“TNA’s new partnership with Joe Hand will open a wider brand social experience for fans by creating partnerships with commercial ventures and creating new audience. This will help us continue to grow the TNA brand,” TNA senior vice president Brian Hughes said.

Joe Hand Promotions has been delivering sports and entertainment programming to commercial establishments for over 38 years.

NO MORE SLOB FRIENDS IN MY HOUSE RUINING MY LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :dance:

#50 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 10:29 PM

Damn where's the love for a fine fine Wrestlemania??

#51 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

Damn where's the love for a fine fine Wrestlemania??

Results?

Or for that matter, matches?

I didn't even realize it was Wrestlemania weekend. It was outdoors this year, right?

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#52 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,477 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

I just got back from watching wrestlemania and that was a fantastic show.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:09 AM

Results?

Or for that matter, matches?

I didn't even realize it was Wrestlemania weekend. It was outdoors this year, right?

JBL beat Finlay in a delightfully brutal stiff fest that wasn't long enough
CM Punk won maybe the best Money in the Bank match since the first one with about 10 HOLY sh!t moments (like Carlito's face when Shelton flipped off the ladder onto that ladder which shattered on the floor!)
Kane owned Chavo to win the ECW title in less time then his world title reign was!
DAVE beat Umanga in a blah but ok match
HBK beat Flair to end his career (nice touch by HBK to mumble SORRY as he nailed the Jesus Kick!)
Randy Orton pinned Cena after a kick/wham/pedigree by HHH got him KICKED TO THE FACE
the playboy whores won the bathroom break match
Big Show got knocked out by gangsta brass knucks from Mayweather in what was a crazy brawl
and Mean Mark the Funeral Guy pinned Edge when i was too busy bullsh!tting with the Hooter Girl :P

Best Mania since 21 if you ask me

#54 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

How many friggin times can the Nature Boy get his career ended before he GOES AWAY!? geez.

I can't believe they allowed mayweather to beat bigshow.
Bigshows' fist is bigger then Mayweathers head!!! Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#55 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:27 AM

Flair is done as a wrestler
he may stick around as some kind of manager or spokesman now

but he's Ric Flair... it's like Gretzky trying to coach but in a more likeable way

#56 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,979 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

I would have posted something about WrestleMania but I went down to Orlando for the week and I attended the Hall of Fame ceremony and WrestleMania. I sat front row and had a blast at WrestleMania, other than the bunnymania match and batista-umaga everything else was pretty damn good. I'll post some pictures whenever I get the chance to.

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,387 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

I would have posted something about WrestleMania but I went down to Orlando for the week and I attended the Hall of Fame ceremony and WrestleMania. I sat front row and had a blast at WrestleMania, other than the bunnymania match and batista-umaga everything else was pretty damn good. I'll post some pictures whenever I get the chance to.

Did you see the fireworks "display"? I understand alot of the fireworks went off accidentally in the crowd.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,979 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 09:49 PM

Did you see the fireworks "display"? I understand alot of the fireworks went off accidentally in the crowd.

Yeah, it was up in the upper deck behind me. It looked like a wire or something broke and some of the fireworks shot straight below into the upper deck instead of straight up to the sky and they stayed lit in the crowd for 30 seconds or so.

#59 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:20 PM

"our women bleed more then once a month..... TNA Wrestling!!!"

#60 sammy32

sammy32

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:20 AM

Y'all have to get over WWE and TNA and what ever. I got over that when I was 10, its all staged and its all fake.
Posted Image

I ask Scott Stevens:
"What do you think of Shawn Avery?"
Scott Stevens answered:
"I wish I still played hockey"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users