GDT: Devils @ Wild. 8:00 pm EST

Devil Fan

Fantastic post!

I went to bed last night completely pissed off.. Woke up and decided to watch it again and I must say that yes we lost and yes we gave up 3 quick goals, but I saw a lot of positives that had been negatives in the previous few games.. This team looks like it's going through a low point right now but every team has them..

I'm actually very excited for tonight's game.. I like the short turnaround

Thanks. Yes, I'm pretty excited too. Excited to see Moose get the nod too. Marty has made some brilliant saves lately but has not been very consistent. Needs a break.

I'm actually very excited for tonight's game.. I like the short turnaround

That's how I felt after the loss in Boston three weeks ago. And sure enough, that next night the Devils went to Buffalo and took care of business.

I definitely am more in line with DevilsFanSteve30's and your thinking.

As for Kovalchuk, along with a lot of other fans in here, I get frustrated with him too. I admit to wondering if we made a mistake by signing him to that contract.

But some posters have made some good points about him. He seems to be trying to do too much sometimes with his fancy passes and carelessness with the puck -- but that could be partly because he knows the team has other shortcomings that can't be overcome, and he feels because of the weight of his contract he needs to overcompensate. Also, as many have said, we might very well be using him wrong.

Maybe he'll never learn from his mistakes; I don't know. But the Devs hitched their wagon to him, so it's too early for me to give up on him now.

Edited by 95Crash

Reminds me of a certain Devils/Wild game last year where it seemed that the Devils had hit rock bottom and began to pick things up shortly after. Can only hope a similar situation this year.

Also, I would not so quickly jump and say "$100 million mistake!" Kovalchuk seems to be getting his game back. He has had a couple careless turnovers lately though. Get him off the RW though! Can't wait for him to play with Zajac.

Edited by nessus

Reminds me of a certain Devils/Wild game last year where it seemed that the Devils had hit rock bottom and began to pick things up shortly after. Can only hope a similar situation this year.

Also, I would not so quickly jump and say "$100 million mistake!" Kovalchuk seems to be getting his game back. He has had a couple careless turnovers lately though. Get him off the RW though! Can't wait for him to play with Zajac.

he's healthy now, last night was when he took the training wheels off his groin.

Actually when Craig Button says on NHL On The Fly in regards to Kovalchuk, "He's trying to do too much" and "you can't put your team in a hole", he pretty much IS SAYING it is Kovalchuk's fault we lost that game.

Que the fanboys.

Yeah, great. Craig Button had so much NHL success, I really trust his opinion.

i would know these things if i didnt have dish network >.<

Do you not get MSG at all?

That being said I think DeBoer, while having a better record than Mac, has no clue what his player's strengths are and thusly has made some terrible decisions. He should probably be let go.

I don't know, I think it's too early to say that. Either way, he's not going anywhere any time soon.