2013-14 schedule thread

MadDog2020

All I have to say is I can't wait to boo Parise out of the building whenever he shows up to the rock. Its gonna be a fun time.

Only reason I hate booing an ex-Devil, especially a good one, is you have egg on your face when he scores or if the Devils lose the game. 

Still completely silly that people are going to boo parise. Completely classless if the fans do. The guy played 100% every minute of his contract. Then took the opportunity to go play at home, in front of a full building of people there for a hockey game, not free t-shirts. I hope he scores 40 goals next year just to rub it in the faces of all the people who wanted The Commy over him.

Calling people silly for booing Parise, then calling Kovalchuk "The Commy"....

Anyway, one sh!tty situation doesn't make the other situation null and void. You can convince yourself that Parise had some benevolent agenda or look at the facts, that he went off to a team that was willing to pay him $7.5M a year til 2024. Our organization and our fans gave him a lot (he was still our franchise player, the most bought jersey on our team, was given the CAPTAINCY, and probably at least a $6.5-7M long-term offer from Lou) and, while his future with us would've been bright, he didn't really give us a whole lot back.

Edited by DJ Eco

Only reason I hate booing an ex-Devil, especially a good one, is you have egg on your face when he scores or if the Devils lose the game.

As if you ain't gonna be pissed off anyway?

Looks like TG jumped the gun though, apparently the Wild opener was an earlier version of the schedule.

Haha my thoughts as well.

So then shouldn't you be happy he's gone? It's funny how the people who are the most butthurt about him leaving are the same ones who said he never did anything for us anyway. I can't believe how much hate this guy gets on here. Most of us probably would have done the same thing in his situation. Being a sports fan doesn't mean you have to be illogical.

You still need guys like Parise to get to the playoffs, obviously he was important (they missed the last two years without him) but he doesn't hold the same stature for me as say John Madden or Randy McKay who was big for us in title runs even though he's clearly the more gifted player than either. Even the Russian merc had more signature moments in less time. Edited by NJDevs4978

So then shouldn't you be happy he's gone?  It's funny how the people who are the most butthurt about him leaving are the same ones who said he never did anything for us anyway.  I can't believe how much hate this guy gets on here.  Most of us probably would have done the same thing in his situation.  Being a sports fan doesn't mean you have to be illogical.

He wasn't a BAD player, he just didn't give us any single amazing moment of clutch that defines a champion. Why we're upset that he left is because he played like a future champion, and (still) had unreached potential to be one of our legendary players. You could just picture him holding the Cup in our sweater. And right after our closest run-in with the Cup in a decade, the closest moment to reaching that pinnacle, he left us.

Booing is so played out.

I say everybody blows into a kazoo every time Zach touches the puck.  That'd get annoying in a hurry.

So, someone...anyone on this board...buy 20,000 kazoos and hand them out at the game.

Thanks in advance for your compliance.

I'll boo, primarily because he was texting his boytoy Suter when his team was playing in the freakin Stanley Cup finals.  He, especially as captain, shouldn't have even been entertaining thoughts about his UFA until the series was over.  

Kovy's a piece of sh!t, but he played that series with God knows what injected into his back to kill the pain for his team and teammates.  Zach was probably texting Suter on the plane to and from LA.

You guys can act however you'd like, obviously, but try and not get your feathers ruffled when he gets boo'd out of the building upon his return.  I know I'll be at that game.

Edited by Devilsfan118

Booing is so played out.

I say everybody blows into a kazoo every time Zach touches the puck.  That'd get annoying in a hurry.

So, someone...anyone on this board...buy 20,000 kazoos and hand them out at the game.

Thanks in advance for your compliance.

I'd be up for that.

They're not booing, they're kazooooooooing.

I like it.

Also, I feel like this was missed in Has's post before, but TG mentioned about an hour ago that the game he mentioned yesterday may not be the opener after all, that it was an earlier version of the schedule.  So we may have to wait until later in the season to unleash our vitriol.  All the better, I think. Let opening night be about the current Devils, not the former ones.

• Like 1

They're not booing, they're kazooooooooing.

I like it.

Also, I feel like this was missed in Has's post before, but TG mentioned about an hour ago that the game he mentioned yesterday may not be the opener after all, that it was an earlier version of the schedule.  So we may have to wait until later in the season to unleash our vitriol.  All the better, I think. Let opening night be about the current Devils, not the former ones.

Booo-urns Booo-urns.

That being said, I'm all about illogical hate. LET THE HATE TAKE YOU OVER!!

It'll be a hostile crowd for sure. The hate will be flowing all night. I can't wait to let loose on that douchebag.

Hes going to get all of the Kovy hate unleashed upon him, as well. Classic anger transferal! CANT WAIT!

Yeah we're booing the two of them, Rupp and also Suter by association.  They can have an all-boo line.

Hell, let's boo Matt Cooke and Heatley too...that's pretty much half their team now  :lol:

Man, they really do have a team ful of D-bags

Edited by devlman

Maybe they'll stick us with Carolina or CBJ as our opener to try to add juice to a new forced 'division' rivalry.

We already have a sorta-rivalry with Carolina...now that they are in our division that will be enhanced even more. Columbus? I really couldn't see myself hating them to be honest...

I was actually leaning toward Dallas until the trade they pulled off. I liked the young kids they had going in Smith and Fraser and I really like the way Dillon plays. The new jerseys added to it but then they had to go and bring in a bunch of Bruins and now I'm not so sure.