NJDevs FHL Season #9 is underway!

NJDevs4978

I don't have shorthanded goals, I have shorthanded points, along with power play points. Special teams are going to stay. I'd only be adding one or both of the proposed changes, not subtracting any of the current offensive categories.

And yes this is a live draft, it's September 29 (as posted in the first post) so plenty of time to change it if enough people have a problem with it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like the blocked shots idea, not so much on hits, I still donot like the fact that we have penalties as a good thing, I'd rather see the team w/ the least amount of penalty minutes be reqrded, no the other way around....

I was always intrigued why PIMs were rewarded in fantasy hockey in general. I've never seen them be a negative stat. PIMs are good for fighting.

"Good" penalties" are seen positively- but only after an intial mistake was made; ussually by the same player taking the penalty.

So really, I'd just like a fights category... because that has a real impact in the game (not debatable, if it belongs in the game IS though) --- but I don't think we'll see that category, so PIMs it is.

Okay so we're at 17 now. Jester, WarriorLax and Mayday can have the last three spots if they still want them. I'll send the PM's later tonight. Hopefully they still want to join so we can fill the league by next week's draft.

EDIT: For some reason WarriorLax has PM's turned off so I can't send him the link. If I don't hear from him soon there's still a spot open since I gotta fill the league by early next week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Hmm, for some reason it seems to have defaulted back to an offline draft...I'll have to change it back but that was the date I'd intended since the Devils have home preseason games Friday and Saturday.

I guess 8 PM? If people want it earlier or later or think the time's fine, say your piece now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

When is the draft order going to be set??

Need to start doing some mock drafts....

When the league actually gets filled :P We either need one or three more to have an 18-20 team league since they won't let us start with an odd number.

In that vein I'm just gonna post the league info here, whoever wants to sign up fine cause I'm tired of doing the PM thing and waiting on people that don't sign in anyway:

Yahoo! League ID#: 2544

Yahoo! Password: kovycap

I want this to be filled by the end of the weekend, even if we 'just' have eighteen. Of course with my luck it'll either be at 17 or 19 and we'll still be waiting.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well apparently you can draft with an odd number in a non-head to head league (I don't think that was always the case) so I'm just shutting it down at 17 teams. Vacation or no vacation, with less than five days to go before the draft, anyone that wanted to join would have found a way in by now :P So I'll do the draft order either now or early tomorrow.

btw, when I tried to take PIM's out a couple years ago everyone and their grandmother hemmed and hawed about how they were such an important part of fantasy hockey so they'll stay :P I'm not making their value negative cause that gives a negative connotation to guys like Lucic and Burrows, whose real-life value is based partly on their physical play.

EDIT: And now the draft order's up...after opting to keep the #1 pick as my prize for the championship last year, here's 2-17 starting with Dynamo Nation at 2 (of course since it's a snaking draft it shifts every other round, so I'll have the last pick in the second round and all other even-numbered rounds with red's team second to last):

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/2544/draftresults

Edited by NJDevs4978

Wonthe lottery and get 2nd pick thats awesome... for the 1st round... not so much inthe 2nd...

Don't be too sure about that, last year I managed to get Bryzgalov and Corey Perry at the 2nd-3rd round turn. The year before that I got Backstrom before his 100-point season late in the 2nd as well. And with three fewer teams this year there'll be a little more of a selection at that point in the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm psyched to prove last season was no fluke for the Sworn D... they caught on to this format finally :D

With the way things are going for you in football, if you're going to take Crosby that'd be the ultimate jinx on his comeback :P

(There does seem to be good news on that end finally for him though)

Edited by NJDevs4978

With the way things are going for you in football, if you're going to take Crosby that'd be the ultimate jinx on his comeback :P

(There does seem to be good news on that end finally for him though)

LOL. Don't peak at the other league... I took Crosby and Kesler... but couldn't pass on having Ovie and Crosby on the same team.

I will not be picking Crosby at #4... if he's there in round 2... More likely, but as this isn't H2H... it would be harder to justify.

Edited by aylbert

LOL. Don't peak at the other league... I took Crosby and Kesler... but couldn't pass on having Ovie and Crosby on the same team.

I will not be picking Crosby at #4... if he's there in round 2... More likely, but as this isn't H2H... it would be harder to justify.

I went to draft kessler in the 2nd and hit the wrong button and ended up w/ Richards...

and my 5 year drought ends this year....