GDT New Jersey Devils @ Tampa Bay Lightning - 7pm MSG

'7'

Glad i was out and didnt watch the game but we clearly arent playoff bound this year. If we just won a few shootouts we would be in but oh well, guess well wait for next year. Still unlike some i will watch till the last game and for those that wont you arent real fans

would love to see salvador and pete dumbass gone by next season, and larson perminently in the nhl

Edited by bobilly45

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not ready to say this season is over, but it's really time to let Josefson have a full time position now. It seems that there is no one else on the team that has both speed and creativity. He had very limited ice time tonight, but he brings an energy that no one else can at this point. 

Surely he can't be worse than Bernier, Ryder, etc. lately.

I'll be at the Zachaplaooza game Thursday. I fully anticipate a Parise hat trick to pile on the giant mountain of sh!t this season has been.

Uck. The only thing that could be worse than that is if the next game the Rangers scored 10 goals, retired Jeff Beukeboom's jersey during the first intermission, and then made Gionta scrub the floors of MSG during the second.

we look shot. no forcheck, no cycling, lost puck battles. our passes constantly getting deflected . ryder, clowe looking slow (at least clowe was hitting people) elias and jagr looking OLD,

our older D-men not being able to stay with the quicker youth in the nhl.  merrill, brunner looking lost at times, the CBGB line a distant memory actually though JJ looked good but he always does except in the boxscore

things may get worse before better

This team isn't in a bad position I feel.  We ran into a very hot team in Tampa, not to mention Cooper has done a pretty phenomenal job with the team.  Marty had some fantastic saves in the 1st and 2nd period.  He absolutely robbed Stamkos in the 2nd. Was I entertained? Yeah, I watched that save multiple times.  Tampa's secondary scorers came through for them in the 3rd period.  These things happen, or none of you watch a lot of hockey.  Are you all fairweather fans?  Yeah, that seems to be the only conclusion I can come to.  I have little to no respect for any of you as fans and don't want to hear a thing from any of you when we make playoffs.  Yeah, I said when and not if.  +1 to snartly, keep the positive vibes flowing my brother.  There are positives to take from everything, most of you on this FAN forum refuse to see any. 

This team is toast. It's shown it's still has serious issues that need to be addressed. The defensive play to me has regressed and gotten worse lately and the scores bear that out. Playing Salvador as much as we have to me merits Deboer getting the axe in and of itself and not considering the rest of his array of horrible decisions and lack of development.

Ryder is such a one dimensional one tool forward I think we actually overpaid. Guy is so slow on his skates and so soft otherwise. I liked the pickup initially but after seeing him this year he can't mesh with anybody anymore unless they drive plays for him. Tells you why he's been off and on four teams in the last five years.

This team isn't in a bad position I feel.  We ran into a very hot team in Tampa, not to mention Cooper has done a pretty phenomenal job with the team.  Marty had some fantastic saves in the 1st and 2nd period.  He absolutely robbed Stamkos in the 2nd. Was I entertained? Yeah, I watched that save multiple times.  Tampa's secondary scorers came through for them in the 3rd period.  These things happen, or none of you watch a lot of hockey.  Are you all fairweather fans?  Yeah, that seems to be the only conclusion I can come to.  I have little to no respect for any of you as fans and don't want to hear a thing from any of you when we make playoffs.  Yeah, I said when and not if.  +1 to snartly, keep the positive vibes flowing my brother.  There are positives to take from everything, most of you on this FAN forum refuse to see any. 

You mean the hot Tampa team that was 3-6-2 coming into their game against the Devils, and was coming off a 5-4 win against the Panthers that got a little more interesting at the end than the Lightning would've liked?  That "hot" Tampa team? 

I'm all for not giving up, and I won't until this team is truly out of it, but you've been here long enough to know that GDTs tend to be more about raw emotions more than anything else.  This team just suffered through very difficult back-to-back nights, the first of which involved blowing a lead to a team that's out of it.  I don't blame some fans for feeling beaten right now...the Devils just came up about as small as it gets.   

This team is now 7-7-2 in its last 16 games too, and that's a fair indication of what this team seems to be, punctuated by this Floridian disaster.  They tease, like they did when they won 5 out of 7 coming out of the break.  Then they have a weekend like this.  It's aggravating, because just when it felt like this team was ready to start taking significant steps forward, they took a major one back.  Story of this season, really.  And the last thing they can do is have yet another extended stretch of NHL .500ish hockey if they really want to make the playoffs. 

You can look for positive signs, but it's not fair to ignore the negative ones like they don't exist.  There's a reason why this team is doing just enough to stay in the outskirts of the hunt, but can't seem to get any further.

At least they have a lot of home games remaining on the sched.  They need all the help they can get.

I'm not upset because they are exactly where I expected them to be from the beginning of the season. Right on the fringe, maybe they sneak into the playoffs, maybe not.

I don't know the exact shootout loss stats, but I am guessing if we won half of them, we'd be in. I also don't know how many regulation one goal losses we had, but it was a lot. If we had one legit first line 30-35 goal kind of guy, it's probably a whole different year.

ah this blows.. all together just pretty disappointed.. kind of expected them to lose yesterday. Or atleast if they were going to lose on of the two back to backs i figured they would win friday and lose to tampa.. they ended up crapping out on both and now along with most of you i feel let down for the rest of the season.. which is kind of weird too because about mid way through i really didnt expect too much out of this group the way that they were playing together.. but oh well it will be another season of us not in the playoffs

If we miss the playoffs this year that will be 3 out of the past 4 seasons we have missed the playoffs. We could have just as easily been eliminated in game 6 or 7 of the first round against Florida in 2012. If that had happened that's 4 years in a row of missing the playoffs.

I haven't said this before but Lou has to go.

You mean the hot Tampa team that was 3-6-2 coming into their game against the Devils, and was coming off a 5-4 win against the Panthers that got a little more interesting at the end than the Lightning would've liked?  That "hot" Tampa team? 

I'm all for not giving up, and I won't until this team is truly out of it, but you've been here long enough to know that GDTs tend to be more about raw emotions more than anything else.  This team just suffered through very difficult back-to-back nights, the first of which involved blowing a lead to a team that's out of it.  I don't blame some fans for feeling beaten right now...the Devils just came up about as small as it gets.   

This team is now 7-7-2 in its last 16 games too, and that's a fair indication of what this team seems to be, punctuated by this Floridian disaster.  They tease, like they did when they won 5 out of 7 coming out of the break.  Then they have a weekend like this.  It's aggravating, because just when it felt like this team was ready to start taking significant steps forward, they took a major one back.  Story of this season, really.  And the last thing they can do is have yet another extended stretch of NHL .500ish hockey if they really want to make the playoffs. 

You can look for positive signs, but it's not fair to ignore the negative ones like they don't exist.  There's a reason why this team is doing just enough to stay in the outskirts of the hunt, but can't seem to get any further.

At least they have a lot of home games remaining on the sched.  They need all the help they can get.

Very fair.  I understand the frustration, don't understand the despair.  I recant saying Tampa was "hot", but you cannot deny that Tampa is IN the playoffs if they were to start today and I can blame that on Jon Cooper and the work he's done there.