New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ello from London----normally a NJ resident.

:-)

Wow, this thread is still going. Cool? Zajac and Elias aren't going anywhere. You look at the lines and number of bodies, compounded with the youngsters competing for a spot... and it's obvious that someone will be moved, but it won't be Zajac/Elias.

As we've all hammered home (because of NTC, NMC, or just actual value/potential in players), we only have a few feasible to move.

Zubrus: I really like his attitude each and every game. I'd prefer to keep him. But he's not going to be kept over Clarkson (who would ideally be a top 6 forward... but will be bottom 6 cuz of Kovalchuk).

Rolston: If he can be moved instead of Zubrus, he will be. But, highly improbable he has any takers. Also has that pesky NTC thing. Tri suggested forcing his hand to accept a trade via re-entries, I think... but still dunno how likely it is.

Salvador: Doesn't have a NTC... so... makes 2.9m and has value as a fairly paid physical d-man. Just as likely as Zubrus to be dealt in the Kovalchuk wake. Not someone I want to see dealt, but his days might be numbered and it's not the worst thing to happen to us were it to happen.

That's pretty much it. You have 10 guys (with K-chuk) ready for top 9 duty, so 1 is out most likely, and you have some rookies and young players to fit the 4th line (Pelley, Zharkov, Henrique, Tedenby, Josefson...).

So, it's a logjam.

If Zubs gets dealt, I pray that at least Rolston is just a healthy scratch most of the time.

So since Єklund (2.3% accurate) is saying a Kovy deal is imminent...Monday / Tuesday at the latest, that means the situation is hopeless and it is January / February at the earliest before Kovy signs?

No disrespect intended but this joke has been run into the ground.

Is this the best thread in the history of NJDevs?

Well Yeah, I wonder what other forums sites have a thread this big. There have been 584,792 posts in the Hell section and 9,407 have came from this thread. To think if Kovalchuk signs day one this thread probably doesn't exist and I could breath for once this summer.

didn't someone state before "this is thread" ?

Someone has stated "This is forum" and Someone has stated "This is thread" I believe that was MIB and CAdevilsfan respectively.

EDIT: Found them:

This is forum.

This is thread?

Edited by ben00rs