Devils getting rid of R&R part 2 as their goal song?

DevsMan84

The chant hasn't been around forever. I don't remember it happening before they took R&R Part 2 away the first time, but some people do - I've listened to some videos of 2006 goals and I don't really hear it. It's been around for 5 years tops.

I have a vague recollection of hearing it at the games during the 2006 Devils-Ranger playoff series.

EDIT: And if I'm right, it was during game 1 of that series, at a point in the game when the chant was totally appropriate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Daniel

The chant hasn't been around forever.  I don't remember it happening before they took R&R Part 2 away the first time, but some people do - I've listened to some videos of 2006 goals and I don't really hear it.  It's been around for 5 years tops.  

I don't really remember it either, but to be fair, post lockout, pre-move that place was a graveyard

Per the comments section of TG's blog

Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but I just got off the phone with my devils fan experience rep and she said that at the next home games they are going to try out 3 different songs and have the fans vote on it via social media. She said that as many people that have complained about the goal song change there were just as many softies who were complaining about the “you suck” in the goal song. She said that it is definitely changing and not going to be rock and roll part 2 in the near future. It was the new president’s idea.

So it IS about the words "YOU SUCK" and not anything else.

Pathetic.

Not sure if it was mentioned in another post, but I just got off the phone with my devils fan experience rep and she said that at the next home games they are going to try out 3 different songs and have the fans vote on it via social media. She said that as many people that have complained about the goal song change there were just as many softies who were complaining about the “you suck” in the goal song. She said that it is definitely changing and not going to be rock and roll part 2 in the near future. It was the new president’s idea.

Pathetic.

New President? I thought Lou is still the president just not CEO anymore....

Pathetic.

Remember when on HF I said it was closer to 50/50?  Well there ya go.

I don't know about anyone else, but the more I see that they're reiterating that the old goal song has no chance of coming back, the more I'm taking it as a challenge haha.

I seriously don't get how they come up with '50%' when it's pretty unanimous AT the arena.

1. Well, some people don't go to games because of the chant.

2. A lot that don't like the chant still do it anyways.

3. Even if say 13,000 people are chanting it, and 4,625 people aren't, the 13,000 people can still make it seem as if the whole arena is doing it if you wanna use sound.

I don't know about anyone else, but the more I see that they're reiterating that the old goal song has no chance of coming back, the more I'm taking it as a challenge haha.

Yea good luck with that.

1. Well, some people don't go to games because of the chant.

2. A lot that don't like the chant still do it anyways.

3. Even if say 13,000 people are chanting it, and 4,625 people aren't, the 13,000 people can still make it seem as if the whole arena is doing it if you wanna use sound.

Yea good luck with that.

1) That's just as moronic as the people who claim they won't go to games until the song comes back

2) Not really, they just do the other parts of it (the hey and standing/clapping for the goal)

3) It was more like 15,500 of the 16,500 that were vociferously booing the other night.  Again I defy someone to tell me 50%...if all these people aren't going to games because of the chant well the Devils better have a renewal spike next year even if they have a 65-point season.

Edited by NJDevs4978

1) That's just as moronic as the people who claim they won't go to games until the song comes back

2) Not really, they just do the other parts of it (the hey and standing/clapping for the goal)

3) It was more like 15,500 of the 16,500 that were vociferously booing the other night.  Again I defy someone to tell me 50%...if all these people aren't going to games because of the chant well the Devils better have a renewal spike next year even if they have a 65-point season.

1. I know it is.  I'd actually argue that people who don't go to games because they don't get to hear their goal song are worse.

2, Yea those people do exist.  I know it's hard to believe, but those people exist.

3. I barely heard any boos from my end of the ice.  I was in 122.  So maybe the Diablos were masking the booing, but it didn't sound like many of the boos were from my section or the sections around my section.

1. I know it is.  I'd actually argue that people who don't go to games because they don't get to hear their goal song are worse.

2, Yea those people do exist.  I know it's hard to believe, but those people exist.

3. I barely heard any boos from my end of the ice.  I was in 122.  So maybe the Diablos were masking the booing, but it didn't sound like many of the boos were from my section or the sections around my section.

There was booing. LOTS of booing. I was in 121, and it was very VERY audible. Go on the Youtube machine and search for Brunners goal. You can hear it very clearly

I was in 121 and people were booing like mad. Our sections are right next to each other (say hi btw!) but you are lying out of out teeth if you are going to tell me 122/121/123 had no booing.

I was in 121 and people were booing like mad. Our sections are right next to each other (say hi btw!) but you are lying out of out teeth if you are going to tell me 122/121/123 had no booing.

I didn't say that there was no booing.  I just said it didn't sound like a whole lot from my particular section.  But as I said, the Diablos are annoying as hell.

BTW, my normal section is 132 this year.  ;)

Futile, it's not coming back no matter what, it is what it is, time to move on and find something else.  It'd be awesome if the Devils could have something custom-written.   

I miss JVB already. Get the self-absorbed MSG suit O'Neill out of our front office please!

He's allowing Lou to do things his way and is clearly willing to spend on the on-ice product.  In a perfect world, JVB would've been able to do the same, but clearly he couldn't.  We all know the goal song change couldn't have possibly been handled worse, but I have a feeling it was coming one way or another.  At least now, it's done and over with.   

3) It was more like 15,500 of the 16,500 that were vociferously booing the other night.

It wasn't even close to that.  All it takes is a few thousand people to do anything in unison for it to be really noticeable. 

To say my peace, I've been going to games longer than 99 percent of the people that did the You Suck chant.  I can guarantee all of you, it only became a "tradition" when you decided to make it one.  The proof of this is available for all to see on any youtube clip of any home game going back to 2006.  The you suck types stubbornly refuse to acknowledge this.

It didn't offend me, I wasn't concerned about the delicate sensibilities of the children, and I didn't complain to management.  It was just stupid, immature, and for the most part, out of place.

It's too bad, because RR2 itself was an actual tradition, and a good one at that.  The you suck people did not stop me from going to games, but it certainly made the high points of the game less enjoyable.   

Hopefully, going forward, the people that are still butt hurt over the song can live with it, the same as the rest of us who put up with the you suck chant did for several years. 

• Like 3