‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Why would he care if he had a bad camp after getting paid? He's been riding buses for the last 5 years anyway. It's better to be riding buses a millionaire.

I doubt very, very much that someone like Stephen Gionta could've made the NHL if this sort of thought ever crossed his mind.

And again, you assume that he would get paid, which is not something that I would assume. His pro resume is totally unimpressive.

So how does this work anyway with what Zach is doing tomorrow? He sits in his agent's office and GM's come in one by one with offers? Or do they make phone calls? It sounds pretty stupid. I remember when I read about Richards doing this last year thinking "for Richards? really?" and now its Zach. I'm picturing a line of GM's sitting in a waiting room and then the Penguins show up with Mario, Sid, Malkin, loads of cash and some good pastries to smooth it over.

I think it should be like Napoleon Dynamite. After presenting their offers, each team has to put on a little skit. I can just see Crosby and Malkin doing a "Who's on First" bit with Zach whispering "what did he say?" after every word spoken by Malkin.

Sheet I'm bored.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, there are some people out there that don't let money rule their world.

I don't think that was why he signed. If it wasn't about money his brother would still be here. I realize Stephen just wanted to keep living the life and that's why he agreed to this contract but he definitely could have got more by waiting to July 1.

If the Pens offer is legitimate, I don't see him staying here. I don't want us paying that anyway.

That's presuming we have to match it. I don't think we do, just come close enough where it doesn't matter (and hope no real contender outdoes the 10-80)...a 10-75 which I feared it might take, and pretty much as far as I'd go anyway.

Yeah, I get the feeling these a$$holes are leading him around by his nose. It happens to a lot of pro athletes, but I honestly thought Zach wouldn't be the type to allow that to happen. I'm starting to think I was wrong about that. Be your own fvcking man.

Well when one of the a$$holes is your dad, kinda hard to do that. Yeah I know JP isn't an agent, but he can't get Zach away from us fast enough.

Well when one of the a$$holes is your dad, kinda hard to do that. Yeah I know JP isn't an agent, but he can't get Zach away from us fast enough.

I know JP is his dad, but Zach is a 27 year old adult. Again- be your own man. Make your own decision. Don't let these morons influence you one way or the other. I hate people that depend on others to make important decisions for them. It's weak, and it shows a lack of character.

Bob McKenzie on TSN: #NJDevils GM Lou Lamoriello will make one last effort tonight to re-sign Pairse before free agency opens up tomorrow.

per twitter https://twitter.com/ToddCordell

followed by: The ‪#NJDevils‬ will obviously remain in the mix tomorrow once 12 rolls around if Parise is not signed.

Edited by Prucenterrules

i just can't see a deal getting done tnight so close to free agency, even if Zach would like a deal his agent would tell him to wait to see other offers tomorrow and come back to NJ with that deal if anything.

100% sure its IMPOSSIBLE that he sign a deal tnight. If he does im never gonna say a bad thing about Lou of my whole life

Let's not kid ourselves. Zach is gone. He's going to get offers that the Devils just cannot match. He'll have the chance to play with Suter in Pittsburgh or Detroit and get megabucks to do it. His reasons for staying in NJ have been the same since he reportedly rejected the 7/50 offer. The ONLY reason to go to 7/1 is either because NJ has not made an offer or he wants more money. Well, come tomorrow, he'll have it. He could have signed anytime up until now to be a NJD. He hasn't. And if the strategy is to see how much he can get on the open market to lift the Devils offer, well, he has to know that they can't match it based on their finances. So, this is about money first and foremost.

I love Zach Parise and want him on this team, but I just can not see him re-signing come tomorrow. I still have doubts about Pittsburgh as that will be Sid's team, but I think Detroit may just be the landing place for him...AND Suter. No captain and a call from Rafalski telling him how "great" it was to become a Red Wing after leaving NJ (even though he was a local boy). My money is on Detroit.

God I hated writing that. :evilcry:

I know JP is his dad, but Zach is a 27 year old adult. Again- be your own man. Make your own decision. Don't let these morons influence you one way or the other. I hate people that depend on others to make important decisions for them. It's weak, and it shows a lack of character.

Come on now. How do you know that Parise isn't interested in hearing everything. Even if he is sure he wants to stay in NJ, why not wait. The bottom line is he'll be offered the moon tomorrow at noon. You only get one chance at this. Take advantage of it.

Come on now. How do you know that Parise isn't interested in hearing everything. Even if he is sure he wants to stay in NJ, why not wait. The bottom line is he'll be offered the moon tomorrow at noon. You only get one chance at this. Take advantage of it.

Exactly. I think anyone in his situation would do the same.

Ah ok, that makes more sense. Yea, I don't know about the Pens, I mean they'd be tying up about $25 million in cap space and who knows what in actual $ every year for the foreseeable future for 3 forwards. Not the best plan long term. I'd be shocked if Zach went to Minnesota. Obviously if he does its mostly about money. Yes its close to home but the Wild have very little prospect of being any good for a while and they'll likely throw the most ridiculous contract at him tomorrow.

Fletcher is going to be spending money this offseason. Its also rumored that they're going to get Langenbrunner because he and Zach are buddies. I just don't think the Pens are realistic with 3 forwards having such crazy contracts. If he does go to the Pens, it wont be a 10 year long deal.

I think its between us and the Wild and have thought that since January.

What gets me most is the mindset of the Penguin HFboard that they are getting him just because some dumbass beat writer said his "sources" claim the Penguins lead the pack and Parise desperately wants to wing Crosby.

fvck Pittsburgh. They have one playoff run and they trade Michalek and all of sudden their fanbase wants Martin traded and Shero to sign two of Parise, Suter, Doan, etc. Disgusting.

With all the tampering going on, I'm sure his camp has a very good idea of what kind of offers he can expect. I understand him wanting to test the market. I just hope the people in his ear don't influence him so much that he does something he'll regret. Also, like most here, I'm pretty on-edge right now, so that leads to some posts out of frustration.

With all the tampering going on, I'm sure his camp has a very good idea of what kind of offers he can expect. I understand him wanting to test the market. I just hope the people in his ear don't influence him so much that he does something he'll regret. Also, like most here, I'm pretty on-edge right now, so that leads to some posts out of frustration.

That's free agency. How else do teams sign guys at 12:05. Zach has an idea what every team will probably offer him. He wants to win more than a huge contract, and a couple of teams will offer him both.

Don't worry. I fully expect you and many others to be ripping Parise to shreds tomorrow when he signs somewhere else haha. But in the end, if the number is ridiculous, it might be best for NJ.

If Zach goes to Pittsburgh he'd be Chris Bosh to Crosby's LeBron and Malkin's Wade. If he says here he'll be beloved forever and a captain of an upper-echelon team with a chance to make his own mark on a champion. If he goes to Minnesota he'll be a god for about four months until he doesn't live up to being the highest-paid player in hockey and miserable with ninth-place finish after tenth-place finish.

We'll see what's important to him I guess.

That's free agency. How else do teams sign guys at 12:05. Zach has an idea what every team will probably offer him. He wants to win more than a huge contract, and a couple of teams will offer him both.

Don't worry. I fully expect you and many others to be ripping Parise to shreds tomorrow when he signs somewhere else haha. But in the end, if the number is ridiculous, it might be best for NJ.

I'll be honest- if he takes the insane money from Minnesota, I'll be pissed, sure. But I won't fault him. And I won't boo him when he comes back to play against us either. But if he bolts to Pittsburgh for comparable money and years to play with that bitch Crosby- then yes. I'll rip him a new a$$hole.

I'll be honest- if he takes the insane money from Minnesota, I'll be pissed, sure. But I won't fault him. And I won't boo him when he comes back to play against us either. But if he bolts to Pittsburgh for comparable money and years to play with that bitch Crosby- then yes. I'll rip him a new a$$hole.

I'd boo him either way really, especially with all the over-the-top vibes he gave out about staying and wanting to stay for two years. I mean it might be more canned boos if he comes in as a Wild, since they'll be in 12th place and he'll already be getting ripped in the media by November, but it'll be Gomez+ boos if he comes in as a Pen/Flyer.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.