Seinfeld or Friends?

Mayday

Seinfeld or Friends?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Seinfeld or Friends?

• Seinfeld
    • Friends

I have to say Friends. Maybe because the younger characters appeal more. Joey's personality also made the show funny in a "inmature" way. I could never get in Seinfeld. :P

Now that I have friends on dvd i watch just that and devil games when i do watch tv. what about everyone else?

Seinfeld is more timeless. Friends hasn't aged well for me...be it it's dated a la 1990s or dated al la people in their 20s I'm not sure with - things that were funny are sort of banal now Also Seinfeld has a sh!tty apartment and he's a millionaire on the show. the kids on friends are unemployed and live in awesome apartments that they try very hard to pass off as lucky happenstance.

Friends is pretty funny but they fill it with the stupid plot lines and garbage like that. The jokes that have nothing to do with anything are what make me laugh (Mostly Chandler and Joey).

I am still going to go with Seinfeld because it is always funny no matter how many times that you watch it. I wish it was still on with new episodes.

"We're the DEVILS!!! THE DEVILS!!!"

"gotta support the team".

1zg55a8.gif

As well as someone else put it, it is funny over and over again.

Never got into Friends. Lately, my girlfriend puts it on the TV at night while I dork around on my Kindle Fire till I fall asleep. Just listening to it, the show seems so anti-funny. Ross, in particular. Possibly the worst sitcom character ever. Aniston is smokin', though. :uni:

Seinfeld, meanwhile, might have the best assortment of primary and secondary characters ever (challenged maybe by the Simpsons, but that isn't fair since it's animated). It seems like almost every episode is a quotable classic.

• 2 weeks later...

Larry David is a comedic genius.

The guy CAN write for other people to deliver funny lines, but he IS NOT funny when he himself takes the stage. Like on the Marriage Ref.

Friends was monumentally awful IMO.

I'm with ya.

I view "Friends" as one big smokescreen...you throw together three moderately-attractive women and three moderately-attractive men...and people were going to be so enamored that they'd laugh at anything short of Holocaust jokes.

I never found "Friends" funny in the least.

I'm watching the old Star Trek on Netflix.

I LOVE that show. and what's worse... even knowing all that I know now... I still can't help having a crush on each and every one of them... and now even Sulu makes the cut because George Takai is so funny in hindsight.

I can't see it through jaded eyes. It makes me giddy dammit. The movies I can see through the jaded lens but the classic... it never gets old for me. I might as well be 7 again.

even the special effects are swell to me...

Edited by Pepperkorn

• 4 weeks later...