18 replies to this topic

#1 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:40 AM

The first game wasn't on FSNY in Albany, and it looks like tonight's won't be, either. MSG carries Sabres games in Albany, so it's not on MSG either.

I mean, it's nice that I get to see the game no matter what with Center Ice, but I'd like to know if this is going to be an all-season-long sort of thing. I'd like to hear Doc call the game and have Matt and the Maven, thank you!

Flyers announcers tonight, it looks like :puke:

#2 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:45 AM

Have you dealt with the Flyers announcers before? If so, then you know the hell you're in for.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#3 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

Have you dealt with the Flyers announcers before? If so, then you know the hell you're in for.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:full body shiver:

:puke: :saddevil:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#4 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 10:52 AM

Sheeps, check this out:

http://www.timewarne...ing/sports.html
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#5 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:03 PM

i think I dont' get any devils games on FSNY in rochester. and ITS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING

edit: I think i'm in region 3 of this blackout code on this thing:

http://www.newjersey...adcast05-06.pdf

but i'm not sure. Since i didn't get the first preseason game i think i am.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman, 07 October 2005 - 12:06 PM.

Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#6 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 12:58 PM

Albany not getting Devils games? This is something new? I have a friend in the Albany area (Columbia county) and I'm sure she said they got Devils games.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#7 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:03 PM

i think I dont' get any devils games on FSNY in rochester.  and ITS INCREDIBLY ANNOYING

edit: I think i'm in region 3 of this blackout code on this thing:

http://www.newjersey...adcast05-06.pdf

but i'm not sure.  Since i didn't get the first preseason game i think i am.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like it. My condolences. And I'm gonna guess Albany's in region 5. According to TW Albany, we're only getting 46 Devils games this year (44 if you don't count OLN). Meanwhile, we're getting 75 Sabres games! :rant: (I guess Albany really is part of Buffalo's TV territory.)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

#8 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:07 PM

How could Albany be considered part of Buffalo territory? It's 4 1/2 hours to Buffalo and 2 1/2 to E. Rutherford/NYC. I swear they divvy regions up to screw Devils fans.
"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."-New Jersey Devils Goaltender Martin Brodeur, of whom I am happy co-keeper with poohbear.
His lean, limber muscles tensed under the skin are ready to contort his body into unnatural goal stopping positions. Tara Sullivan, Bergen Record.
A person's a person, no matter how small. Horton the Elephant, "Horton Hears a Who"
NEW JERSEY home of the Devils, Giants, Jets, Red Bull, Nets and the Statue of Liberty--standing on our front porch waving to the neighbors.

#9 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:14 PM

I think we used to be Hartford's territory back in the day, which makes sense because Hartford's closer than the NY/NJ metro area.

#10 mddevsfan

mddevsfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 01:50 PM

How could Albany be considered part of Buffalo territory? It's 4 1/2  hours to Buffalo and 2 1/2 to E. Rutherford/NYC. I swear they divvy regions up to screw Devils fans.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's because to the boneheads in NYC, anything north of Poughkeepsie is "upstate". Buffalo is "upstate", Albany is "upstate", therefore, they are the same place. Albany is Buffalo territory. :rant:
"The Devils always find a way to win. That will continue." - Scott Stevens

#11 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:03 PM

Sheeps, check this out:

http://www.timewarne...ing/sports.html

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I counted a few over 40. Which means I have a 50-50 shot of Devils announcers for about half the season, meaning non-Doc and Chico and Matt and the Maven for a quarter of the season. Not too shabby.

#12 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:14 PM

The Devils blackouts are a HUGE reason why I kept my Dish, and didn't get TW.

I'd rather get 70 Devils games a year than random games on OLN a few times per week.
Kool-Aid free since 2006.

#13 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

Satellite's not subject to the same blackouts as cable?

#14 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

Mine's not anyway. I thoroughly enjoyed Parise scoring his first NHL goal being called by Doc :D

We get "local" channels from NYC, not Albany, so Dish Network may consider us NYC (insane yes, but as long as I get the Devils, I don't really care, lol).

#15 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,609 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 09:34 PM

I knew you were out in the boonies, but I didn't think you were so far out that you got the NYC stations! :wacko: I'm guessing you have an antenna set up to pull in the Albany stations, then...

I think Sammy said that CI on the dish usually gives you your choice of feeds. And I think the blackouts are such that even if FSNY is blocked here on cable, you can still get the game on of CI. Wednesday's game was on there (albeit with the Pens' announcers), and I'm assuming tonight's game was available to Albany viewers as well (though I didn't check as the lone digital cable box in the house was in use all night).

#16 sheeps

sheeps

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,443 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:34 PM

For tonight's atrocity, the game was not on local Fox Sports in favor of poker, but the Devils feed was luckily available through Center Ice.

#17 LizDevil30

LizDevil30

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 9,761 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:38 PM

For tonight's atrocity, the game was not on local Fox Sports in favor of poker, but the Devils feed was luckily available through Center Ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the logic behind that? :noclue:

#18 Voros19

Voros19

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,543 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 11:57 PM

I knew you were out in the boonies, but I didn't think you were so far out that you got the NYC stations!  :wacko:  I'm guessing you have an antenna set up to pull in the Albany stations, then...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he can put in a request for the Albany stations (at least, that's what I did with DirecTV, because I originally had the NYC channels). That's assuming DishNetwork has the same policy, but both companies are basically the same thing, so I would assume so. It doesn't really have to do with proximity to Albany.

DirecTV in Albany isn't blacked out either, so collectively satellite seems immune to dreaded blackouts.

Edited by Voros19, 07 October 2005 - 11:59 PM.

Posted Image

Enjoy your dream world. It's on schedule to come crashing down on or about November 1.

#19 Fidgetess

Fidgetess

Rats Fan Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 10:38 AM

I think he can put in a request for the Albany stations...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He? :(

We've tried to get the Albany channels, but you need a special receiver to get them, so the closest city with stations we can get is NYC. We do have the old rabbit ears to get the local Albany channels!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users