Player cuts?

Legion15

Zharkov, Leach, Corrente, and Fraser on waivers? Didnt see that coming.

Urbom didnt make the team.

Best part of the article:

Patrik Elias said he needed a couple of stitches below his bottom lip when he was cut by Matt Taormina's stick.

"He heard me coming behind him so he really got scared," Elias joked. "He doesn't know that I don't hit anymore."

Edited by Quinn01

Putting Sykora at center?

with Steckel i think pelley would have played on the wing anyway...

Steve Bernier will not be signed from tryout, Lamoriello said. per TG

mmmm le lineup is slowly shaping up but i really dont know...

so far what i'd go with

Parise - Elias - Sykora

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Palmieri

Tedenby - Zubrus - Clarkson

Mills - Steckel - Janssen

then when Zajac comes back…

Parise - Zajac - Zubrus

Kovalchuk - Josefson - Tedenby/Palmieri (send down one of them)

Elias - Sykora - Clarkson

and for the defence...

Andy Greene - Adam Larsson

Henrik Tallinder - Mark Fayne/Matt Taormina

Bryce Salvador - Anton Volchenkov

Edited by SterioDesign

Parise - Elias - Sykora

Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

Henrik Tallinder - Mark Fayne

Taormina is sent down...

i guess thats what its gonna be... so lets say Sykora is signed... from there i guess its gonna be up to Tedenby and Palmieri to keep their spot on the roster on the 2nd line RW for when Travis return and Elias slide on LW on the 3rd

Parise - Elias - Sykora

Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri

Tedenby - Josefson - Clarkson

Henrik Tallinder - Mark Fayne

Taormina is sent down...

i guess thats what its gonna be... so lets say Sykora is signed... from there i guess its gonna be up to Tedenby and Palmieri to keep their spot on the roster on the 2nd line RW for when Travis return and Elias slide on LW on the 3rd

i wish they would sign Sykora already

Wait a second... Isn't Pelley 1 Way contract ?

So correct me if i'm wrong but... If nobody claims him, he will have an NHL salary in AHL... Maybe that's why Oncle Lou send so much compliment to a player he cuts from the team...

" taaaake him... he is so valuable ! "

And i can't remember but maybe Fraser got the same 1 way contract...

I was all for Bernier, but if he can't crack our line up with the amount of depth we have at right wing then maybe he shouldn't be in the NHL.

Looking at our lineup am actually slightly concerned for the season ahead. I can see us getting pushed around a hell of a lot.

I was all for Bernier, but if he can't crack our line up with the amount of depth we have at right wing then maybe he shouldn't be in the NHL.

Looking at our lineup am actually slightly concerned for the season ahead. I can see us getting pushed around a hell of a lot.

We have Clarky, Janssen, and Boulton.. Would trading for Dan Carcillo make you happy? lol.. I think this will be the first season in a while that we have guys willing to defend our top payers

Edited by Colin226

We have Clarky, Janssen, and Boulton.. Would trading for Dan Carcillo make you happy? lol.. I think this will be the first season in a while that we have guys willing to defend our top payers

It depends if those players play to the roles they are supposed to fill. Clarkson seems to get 1/3 of the way through the season and suddenly forget what he is there for and starts all the toe draging and wrap arounds.

Boulton and Janssen will play the role but how many minutes do you actually want them playing? Because they will no doubt both end up on the 4th line, and they will probably get scored on.

We have physical players but i don't think it runs through the team. I hope Palmieri works out what he is there to do.

It depends if those players play to the roles they are supposed to fill. Clarkson seems to get 1/3 of the way through the season and suddenly forget what he is there for and starts all the toe draging and wrap arounds.

Are you suggesting that Clarky fight? Because with him being off the fourth line, he'll be on a line with some scoring ability, and the last thing we need is for him to be in the box for 5 minutes at a time. I agree, he's not here to be a toe-dragging finesse player, but he's also not needed to fight. He just needs to be tough on the puck and finish his checks without getting penalties.