Player cuts?

Legion15

I believe they both do. One-way contracts right?

a one way contract has nothing to do with a player counting against the cap. a one way contract just means a player makes the same salary in the NHL and AHL, whereas a two way contract means a player will earn less if he is assigned to the AHL.

pelley and fraser are both currently on the roster.

HOI: no idea, but my guess is that NJ wants to clear a player off their reserve list before signing either stralman or sykora.

Are you suggesting that Clarky fight? Because with him being off the fourth line, he'll be on a line with some scoring ability, and the last thing we need is for him to be in the box for 5 minutes at a time. I agree, he's not here to be a toe-dragging finesse player, but he's also not needed to fight. He just needs to be tough on the puck and finish his checks without getting penalties.

Not at all, i don't rate him overly much as a fighter either, but i like the fact he is willing to drop them. What i want him to do is remember for a whole season his game is aound the net, getting in peoples face and throwing some checks.

He plays very effectivley for periods in the season, then trys to hard and stops doing the simple things which make him effective.

And thats what i think this team lacks, and has done for a while. And i don't think adding 1 player to the 4th line solves this problem.

HOI: no idea, but my guess is that NJ wants to clear a player off their reserve list before signing either stralman or sykora.

So once again Lou handcuffs himself, normally it's with the cap and no-trade clauses, this year it's with number of contracts and needing to have a backup goon.

Edited by NJDevs4978

so as for now without the unsigned tryouts this is what we have

Parise - Elias - Tedenby

Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri

Henrique - Josefson - Clarkson

Mills - Steckel - Janssen

Greene - Larsson

Tallinder - Fayne

Salvador - Volchenkov

Brodeur - Hedberg

i'd be alright with heading in the season with that lineup, i don't see Sykora or Stralman that big of an update and would handcuff us more than help i think

so as for now without the unsigned tryouts this is what we have

Parise - Elias - Tedenby

Kovlachuk - Zubrus - Palmieri

Henrique - Josefson - Clarkson

Mills - Steckel - Janssen

Greene - Larsson

Tallinder - Fayne

Salvador - Volchenkov

Brodeur - Hedberg

i'd be alright with heading in the season with that lineup, i don't see Sykora or Stralman that big of an update and would handcuff us more than help i think

Id put Sykora in over Henrique personally. Sykora can play left. He shoots left.

Other then that I would be completely confident in that line up. Like I said, I really like what I saw from Larsson placed with Greene and really hoping that Salvador gets back into the groove. From what I saw of him this pre-season and what he has publicly stated, he is ready for the task.

Id put Sykora in over Henrique personally. Sykora can play left. He shoots left.

Other then that I would be completely confident in that line up. Like I said, I really like what I saw from Larsson placed with Greene and really hoping that Salvador gets back into the groove. From what I saw of him this pre-season and what he has publicly stated, he is ready for the task.

thats probably whats gonna happen (if something happen) but i dont want Sykora on the top line with Zach... scored the other day but he's not fast enough for Zach on the long run

thats probably whats gonna happen (if something happen) but i dont want Sykora on the top line with Zach... scored the other day but he's not fast enough for Zach on the long run

I agree. I would put him with Josefson and Clarkson. That wouldnt be that bad of a line actually.

I have never been as fan of Janssen for me he is a waste of time on the ice. I don't care how many time he fights after the play. Steckel hasn't shown me anything since he arrived so why is he with us. I would rather take a chance with Sykora. We need a total team that has the fight not just two fighters.

I have never been as fan of Janssen for me he is a waste of time on the ice. I don't care how many time he fights after the play. Steckel hasn't shown me anything since he arrived so why is he with us. I would rather take a chance with Sykora. We need a total team that has the fight not just two fighters.

same here, i'd rather have a few Lucic/Clarkson type of player who can fight, actually play hockey and produce... players who can only fight and "bring energy" are useless in my book, especially if they only play 3 min per games... waste of a roster spot

Not at all, i don't rate him overly much as a fighter either, but i like the fact he is willing to drop them. What i want him to do is remember for a whole season his game is aound the net, getting in peoples face and throwing some checks.

He plays very effectivley for periods in the season, then trys to hard and stops doing the simple things which make him effective.

And thats what i think this team lacks, and has done for a while. And i don't think adding 1 player to the 4th line solves this problem.

Okay, now that we're on the same page I definitely agree with you.