What do you guys think of Sam Gagner?

Christmas Tree

Rumor has it Lou is asking about Sam Gagner? I'm a big fan of Sam Gagner and I'm about ready for him to go to a team that actually has a shot at the playoffs. Larsson + pick may even land him.

No.   I wouldn't trade Larsson alone, let alone Larsson +picks.    Let him develop... please? 

TSN rumored Volchenkov for Brierre.   I could see something like that.  But I don't see us getting a younger guy with promise for what we can reasonably offer.

No. I wouldn't trade Larsson alone, let alone Larsson +picks. Let him develop... please?

TSN rumored Volchenkov for Brierre. I could see something like that. But I don't see us getting a younger guy with promise for what we can reasonably offer.

I think the Briere thing was speculation from the ledger's Randy Miller. I don't know if TSN is picking up on that.

In any event, as much as some people want to dump Volchenkov, I would not trade him for Briere, who is old, and who stinks. In fact, Volchenkov has actualky been very good this year.

Bottom line, we need younger players. If the idea is to clear up the log jam in defense, don't create another one at forward, but even worse in that you're adding someone else that you'll want to unload who has an NTC in Briere. If the idea is to actually make the team better in the process, go for a young impact forward. I'm not opposed to trading anyone on D, except for perhaps Gelinas who has a unique skill set, but go for someone like Evander Kane, Blake Wheeler if Larsson or Merrill is involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Larsson + for Yak maybe.

Can we please stop with this already.

Evening imagining trading Larsson, a quiet, hard working kid, for Yak, who has already shown major attitude problems, makes me crazy. Plus talk about another flight risk..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by Devilsfan118

I've long been a fan of Gagner, still only 24, can play both C and RW, above average offensively, signed thru the next 2 years at $4.8M so he wouldn't be a rental which is a plus.

I don't see why Edmonton would want Fayne since he's a UFA. Plus he's been playing great for the Devils so it wouldn't make sense to move him. Edmonton would want definitely want a NHL player that's still young and won't hit UFA status soon.

I'd say Gelinas and Josefson/Loktionov and perhaps a pick for Gagner but the Devils would be over the cap. That trio together would make the trade cap compliant but I seriously doubt Lou would want to trade away his forward depth like that. Gelinas + Josefson + a pick for Gagner with Edmonton retaining 5% would work but would push NJ right up against the cap.

Overall while on ice I think Gagner would be a good fit, it seems that NJ and EDM don't match up too well for a trade at this moment in time.

@EdmontonOilers: #‎Oilers acquire forward Matt Hendricks from @PredsNHL in exchange for goaltender Devan Dubnyk

I think Gagner's about to be traded, and Matt Hendricks is plugging up the 4th line center spot.

They were just upgrading in goal it seems - they also acquired Scrivens for a 3rd round pick.