New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

To which David Clarkson gives him a sharp punch to the face and says, "LOU!?!? I believe you mean Mr. Lamoriello!!!"

You see now, I wouldn't care what Kovy calls Lou as long as he calls him "GM".

Edited by ben00rs

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, In Cali they have the "doctors" right in or next to the "Marijuana marts" ready to write you a perscription. Def the most convienient place to buy. I'm not sure that the ability to buy pot factors in to Kovy's decision though. I would guess he doesn't smoke.

Possibly.

Around 10 years ago I served (I was a waiter back then) the Toronto Maple Leafs at a restaurant located directly across from the Sawgrass Marriott. Not sure if anyone here watches golf but they hold a big tournament there, the TPC at Sawgrass. I guess the Leafs were there to play some tournament. This was during the season mind you so I guess they were on a road trip in the South East and they had a couple of day in between games.

By the way Steve Thomas was there FTMFW, but Tie Domi was also there FTMFL.

Anyway, I'd say 80% of the team was outside half of the time smoking cigars and cigarettes. I would not be surprised if a few of them crept off for a joint or two. They were all drinking.

I hope he makes up his mind before I bolt for Amsterdam this Thursday night.

I just heard from my connection that Kovi's actually planning on doing weekly contracts this coming season but he won't announce it until opening night. Every Friday he's going to swap to one of the other 29 teams for 1 week, so Friday afternoon is going to have big Kovi buildup, wondering where he is going.

Well, In Cali they have the "doctors" right in or next to the "Marijuana marts" ready to write you a perscription. Def the most convienient place to buy. I'm not sure that the ability to buy pot factors in to Kovy's decision though. I would guess he doesn't smoke.

How do you know this? I live in CA and have never heard that.

How do you know this? I live in CA and have never heard that.

I've got some friends out there and they say there are known doctors, real one, who have no problem writing you a script provided you give him the symptoms for some crap like depression or arthritis. He could give a crap about you smoking and as long as he has an iron clad case on why he wrote the script he is very unlikely to get in trouble....and he's paid for the work, everybody is happy. Of course these guys were pretty big smokers back here in NJ so what is known to them may not be casually known to most. :lol:

I've got some friends out there and they say there are known doctors, real one, who have no problem writing you a script provided you give him the symptoms for some crap like depression or arthritis. He could give a crap about you smoking and as long as he has an iron clad case on why he wrote the script he is very unlikely to get in trouble....and he's paid for the work, everybody is happy. Of course these guys were pretty big smokers back here in NJ so what is known to them may not be casually known to most. :lol:

Oh, I know that. I was referring to the Doctors being inside the dispensaries, that I haven't heard.

Oh, I know that. I was referring to the Doctors being inside the dispensaries, that I haven't heard.

Oh ok, but I don't see why they can't do that, you're a doctor, want easy bucks, you open an office right next door to a dispensary.

Possibly.

Around 10 years ago I served (I was a waiter back then) the Toronto Maple Leafs at a restaurant located directly across from the Sawgrass Marriott. Not sure if anyone here watches golf but they hold a big tournament there, the TPC at Sawgrass. I guess the Leafs were there to play some tournament. This was during the season mind you so I guess they were on a road trip in the South East and they had a couple of day in between games.

By the way Steve Thomas was there FTMFW, but Tie Domi was also there FTMFL.

Anyway, I'd say 80% of the team was outside half of the time smoking cigars and cigarettes. I would not be surprised if a few of them crept off for a joint or two. They were all drinking.

This is a good story, it leads to a problem with Jeff Freisen when he was with the SJ Sharks in the late 90's. He was drinking heavy and smoking cigarettes in between games on the road. It led to him being traded to Anaheim. He finally matured/grew up, but it did shorten his NHL career. Man that guy had wheels.

This is a good story, it leads to a problem with Jeff Freisen when he was with the SJ Sharks in the late 90's. He was drinking heavy and smoking cigarettes in between games on the road. It led to him being traded to Anaheim. He finally matured/grew up, but it did shorten his NHL career. Man that guy had wheels.

I dunno that Freezer actually ever did grow up. :lol:

Oh ok, but I don't see why they can't do that, you're a doctor, want easy bucks, you open an office right next door to a dispensary.

That just seems a bit myopic. Over generalization commencing, most doctors that are just "interested in the money" probably would do better to specialize into fields instead of just passing out pot prescriptions. Besides, if they did that too much I imagine they would run into problems with their licensing boards.

I said "in" or "next to". "Next To" is probably more accurate. From what my friends tell me (friends who went to college there), the younger, more hip areas have plenty of these types of places. Usually there is a Doctor's office right next to the dispensary. People go into the doctor's office and come out with scripts all day. Guess where they head next?

Point is, it ain't difficult to get pot around there.

Edited by ben00rs

Guys..........

I don't know where or with whom Kovygate is going to end, but it's been and still is a hoot reading this thread page by page by page by page ad infinitum. I've been lurking and reading every since the UFA feeding frenzy started.

It's definitely can't miss reading. Ninja girl was ::ahem:: entertaining. :whistling: How about some more, eh?

Gotta love it.

I hope he winds up staying with the Diablos.

Edited by IceThief

I hope he makes up his mind before I bolt for Amsterdam this Thursday night.

I assume you go to/are a fan of USC right? If you're going to Amsterdam...wearing your school colors might be a poor choice right now. Just sayin... :whistling:

I thought they legalized medical usage of marijuana in New Jersey.

The legislature passed it, but the governor won't approve a means of distribution for it - so there's no MMJ in Jersey and likely won't be for years.

you all need to stop with the LL roller coaster,the guy signs Tallinder everybody hates him, the guy signs a-train everybody loves him, he stands his ground on kovie everybody hates him. there is a reason why everyone in nhl respects the guy, he gets what he can while maintaining a playoff team, he won't throw it all away just to sign the big name.

FYP

But yea, I agree, lol

There's probably some guy who has been standing in the LAX luggage claim area all day holding up a sign that says "Kovalchuk", wondering what the heck is going on.