NFL Week 3

CRASHER

And the Jets' utter stupidity is ensuring Buffalo'll be in first all by themselves by nightfall :P

One thing about the Bills is that their schedule gets pretty tough in November: four out of five games on the road. Their 3-0 start is a nice story (as is the 3-0 Lions), but I can't say they're for real just yet.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

One thing about the Bills is that their schedule gets pretty tough in November: four out of five games on the road. Their 3-0 start is a nice story (as is the 3-0 Lions), but I can't say they're for real just yet.

I'd have to say wins against Oakland and New England, and overcoming the big deficits like they did make the Bills way more legit then the Lions pounding on KC and Minny (though the Tampa win is looking better as each week passes)

The big thing I learned this week is there is NO lead the Vikings can't blow :lol:

And by GOD the Steelers look awful.......

I'd have to say wins against Oakland and New England, and overcoming the big deficits like they did make the Bills way more legit then the Lions pounding on KC and Minny (though the Tampa win is looking better as each week passes)

The big thing I learned this week is there is NO lead the Vikings can't blow :lol:

And by GOD the Steelers look awful.......

The first three weeks of the season certainly seem like a changing of the guard in the NFL.

Lions/Bill Superbowl??

More QB craziness:

9 QBs are averaging more than 300 yards/game.

8 are on pace to throw for over 5000 yards on the season. Brady is on pace to throw for over 7000 (won't happen, he's not going to average 442 yards/game for the season).

Sometimes I don't know what I'm watching anymore.

More QB craziness:

9 QBs are averaging more than 300 yards/game.

8 are on pace to throw for over 5000 yards on the season. Brady is on pace to throw for over 7000 (won't happen, he's not going to average 442 yards/game for the season).

Sometimes I don't know what I'm watching anymore.

Sadly, Brady has to do this because his Defense will let up the same amount of yards passing against NE. I have to admit I bought into the hype about the PAT's D with Wilfork and Haynesworth. What happened CR?

It is Monday and I am STILL buzzing over that win by the Bills yesterday!

Watched the game with 100+ Bills fans in Santa Monica (Crossiant Central for you CRASHER watchers) and to say the atmosphere was electric is an understatement.

Are the Bills the best team in the AFC? No.

Are the Bills going to win the AFC East? Probably not, maybe a 5% chance.

But today are the Bills in 1st place and am I relishing it? Oh yes.

Stevie Johnson tweeted before the game yesterday: 'Time to slay the dragon' and that is exactly how I felt after the game. Just to finally beat Brady and the Pats in that setting, was like taking a big burden off of the Bills backs.

This team just does NOT quit, and I just love watching them play.

Realistically? If this team goes 7-6 over the next 13 weeks, they are a 10 win team, more then I could have ever imagined.

Sadly, Brady has to do this because his Defense will let up the same amount of yards passing against NE. I have to admit I bought into the hype about the PAT's D with Wilfork and Haynesworth. What happened CR?

Short answer:

Not much in the way of pressuring the QB, piss-poor play by the secondary (especially McCourty, who has been beyond terrible this season). They've been every bit as bad as the yards given up would have you believe. The only thing they've done somewhat well is be opportunistic with interceptions (5 so far), and I think they've got 7 turnovers on the season, but they haven't done much else positive worth noting.

And on offense, it's pass-pass-pass. It's fun to watch, but they've got guys who CAN run the ball...SOME balance wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing.

This is kind of an ugly football game. Both QB's haven't been that good (though Romo deserves tons of leeway).. 6 fumbles for the Cowboys (they should be thankful they only lost 1) and 3 redzone trips with 0 touchdowns to show.. Still, it's crazy to think the Redskins could be 5 minutes away from 3-0. They deserve some credit though; besides a few really good Felix Jones' runs, their defense has looked sharp.

Edit: 7 fumbles! I think that's like the 4th on the snap from the center alone... amazing.

Edited by nmigliore

What a bad week for Sanchez to banged up. He will quickly be reintroduced to Mr. T-Sizzle and be out of the game before half time.

So speakth the MantaRaven.

This is all I got to say to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnFSaqFzSO8

(need to make this the ringtone for this guy :haha2:)

What's scary about the Ravens is they appear very solid across the board; good QB, great RB, good receiving group if Torrey Smith proves to be legit, great run defense... maybe pass defense is their only weak-ish area, but they seem very well-balanced.

We are balanced to a point. If Ray Rice goes down our whole offense changes. But yes, we are very, very solid across the board.

While other teams were cutting cost's on the front lines, we built them up. Our biggest investment on the offensive side of the field was to build up our O-Line quality depth and Fullback position. Our O-line didn't practice in together in the off-season, so we should be peaking as a unit by January with a legit shot to win it all.

Crasher I prefer this version:

Purple Haze - The Cure

What's scary about the Ravens is they appear very solid across the board; good QB, great RB, good receiving group if Torrey Smith proves to be legit, great run defense... maybe pass defense is their only weak-ish area, but they seem very well-balanced.

They've been on the cusp for a while...seven playoff games in three years. When they put it all together, they can be dangerous.

What a bad week for Sanchez to banged up. He will quickly be reintroduced to Mr. T-Sizzle and be out of the game before half time.

So speakth the MantaRaven.

Just watch the Jets come back from last week's debacle with a great game against Baltimore. The only problem is that a great game doesn't necessarily get you a win in Balt.

Just watch the Jets come back from last week's debacle with a great game against Baltimore. The only problem is that a great game doesn't necessarily get you a win in Balt.

Well said.

I am not taking anything for granted, especially after the Tennessee debacle. But I just look at the Jets without Mangold and a depleted offensive line and just have a confident feeling that we will be victorious.