N.F.L. Week 13

CRASHER

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tom-brady-bill-belichickjpg-95e8c0a.jpg

So the *7 Win Patriots, lead the Division (by one win) over the *6 Win Jets & Dolphins. :uni: WOW! I never would have imagined New England dropping 3 of their last 4 games after beating Miami in Week 9... yet it happened. This Division is up for grabs folks.. and if NE can't stop the bleeding soon, they may be on the outside looking in. Missing the playoffs last year is excusable, (especially w/Cassel) but 2 seasons in a row? Either way, the Pats (officially) won't have a better record than last season.

`EDIT: ~The shame of this all, is the Pats could easily be 6-6 as opposed to 7-5. I look back at that 1 point miracle game (in Week 1) vs. Buffalo, and laugh. :lol:

Edited by Beezer34

As long as we keep the ball out of Tony Overthrowmo's hands, and run with Smash-Dash-Tash; we can take a big step towards the division today. (It would gaurentee an at-worst split with every team in the division, with an away game against Washington and a home game against Philthy left to play.)

And where the Cowboys fans/Romo haters divide....the guy had almost 400 yards, 3 TD's, no turnovers, and a 74% completion rate, did everything to win that game...our D gives up a big play, our "Smash" fumbles a huge momentum changer, and our special teams lets one go by for 6 and we are supposed to take the ball out of his hands...good strategy, lets get rid of Wade and Garrett and put you on the sideline...things would totally turn around....

say what you want, December woes, bad luck, poor play calling, horrible coaching, bad decisions, poor execution, but Romo was the only one who did what he needed to do to win that game today...

We have no problem beating the medicore (dolphins) and awful teams (jets). I think the pats fall somewhere in between medicore and good.

...no. No problem beating Miami at all lately. :P

*EDIT: -If the Jets are as "awful" as you say they are.. the Pats must be WAY below "good" and\or "mediocre". Unless the difference between "awful" & "good" is 1 victory these days. :whistling:

Edited by Beezer34

And yet another complete give-away by the Patriots who left 14 points on the field again.

I can't call that a game a "give-away" by the Pats when the D is giving up career-high performances all over the place.

It's mind-boggling how unclutch this group has become on BOTH sides of the ball. Ask the D to make one big stop and they can't. Ask the offense to put points on the board and they'll find a way to bungle a long drive. Brady's throwing for lots of yards, but take out the bully numbers he put up against the Titans, and he's thrown 16 TDs and 10 INTs in 11 games. Not great.

I was worried about this 5-game stretch (I was hoping for three wins), and at 2-3 it's obvious that the Pats find themselves firmly entrenched in Pretenderland. I'm not worried about the divison as long as they control their own destiny, but it's now obvious that this team will win a wild-card game at best. Any dreams of a Super Bowl ended with yesterday's loss.

That's one of the best wins in the last 10 years for the Dolphins... that was a character win. Parcells once said a while ago that you don't truly know what kind of QB you have until you see how he responds after a bad game... after the media kills him all week. After the fans kill him all week. That's what happened to Henne last week. He responded by posting 29-52, 335 yards 2 TD's and 1 INT, out-playing Tom Brady in a must win-game. It doesn't get a whole lot better than that in terms of character. I'm proud of my franchise QB's resolve. And we live to fight another week. That was a VERY sweet win. :boogie:

Ok, so I didn't notice the time your original post was posted, but even in your recent one you ambiguously point out that my post somehow inferred you said the Cowboys had to run to win, which I didn't...and Tash got a chance and luckily a review changed what could've been a huge fumble near the goal line. But chill, the whole internet isn't out to get you...I promise.

Edited by UnderDogX

My Patriots just can not seem to close out games.

What a difference a day week makes. Last Sunday, the Jets (despite their victory) had only 5 wins, and gave me no reason to believe, what-so-ever that we'd catch up to a 7 Win team like New England. *Fast forward to today, the JETS are looking for their 7th win of the season @ Tampa on Sunday... and the Pats have lost 3 of their last 4 games! (first time since 2002 I might add) <---FACT #1!

-For the record, I'm not saying NE's not an above average team anymore.. because they are. But an elite team in the AFC? <_< Are they really in the same category as teams like Indy.. or San Diego.. or Cinci in the Conference anymore?? Sh!t, if you go by record, the Patriots aren't even Top 10 in the league! <---FACT #2! This is what gives me hope that the Cheatriots could very well gag the Division, and crash & burn by seasons end. No one is saying anything about them losing to Indy or the Saints. That's fine, there's no shame there. But to lose to teams like Miami? (w/o Ronnie) Or the Jets for that matter?? Or the Denver Broncos :noclue: Are these clubs really THAT much better than Jacksonville or Houston? (2 teams that play the Patriots in the coming weeks) Even if you're an Optimist`Pats diehard... can't you picture New England losing either of those two games??

hmmm, maybe the division is not so far fetched after all after the fish knock off the cheaters

what a shocker in pittsburgh

The 3 games that really needed to break the right way for the Jets this week were: the Pats, Pitt, & Baltimore (tonight). All 3 lost.. and all 3 needed to lose to help Gang Green. Currently, there are only 6 teams in the Conference with more wins than the Jets. And those 6 (Indy, Cinci, Den, Jack, SD & NE) are the teams that would make the playoffs, if the season were to end today. But let's look at the Jets getting in by way of the Wildcard... Jacksonville leads them by only 1 win. :wub: It's possible to believe bro. I know the Jaguars have the tiebreaker... but the 'faith' the Jets needed to move on to Sunday (and hopefully garner their 7th win) is there, after a week like this in the AFC.

Now we have to root for Miami next week to make sure Jax doesn't get too far ahead.

If the Jets do their business, and beat the Bucs... it doesn't matter what happens with the rest of the teams in the Wildcard race AS LONG as the Dolphins beat Jacksonville. Even if Pittsburgh & Baltimore win, we'll all have 7 wins.. and it'll come down to tiebreakers. (which granted, the Jets don't have any.. but we're still ways away from the end of the season) Again, this is all contingent on the Fish beating the Jaguars.. and us beating Tampa.

One week at a time. ;)

~EDIT: -Just some food for thought.. The Patriots have only 1 win on the road, this season. <---FACT #3!

Edited by Beezer34

To be fair the Jests beat the Pats at home in a game after there franchise player returns from two blown out ligaments. If any pats fan really exptected Brady to come in one season after that kind of stuff and just go right back to 07 you know nothing about football. This team is in transition, we have a young promising secondary, and we are a pass rusher or two from being pretty damn good on D next year. Combine that with losing Mcdaniels and yea its just a cluster fvck get back year. AND WERE STILL LEADING THE DIVISION :-).

Edited by njdevils783

HEY FLOZELL 'YOU SUCK!' lol

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Au1J4KlbjQASU4XKF7GIxY5DubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-flozellsfoul&prov=ap&type=lgns

While such reviews may be routine, Adams has a history of run-ins with New York, including Week 2 this season when Tuck injured his shoulder after being tripped by Adams. The NFL fined Adams $12,500 for two plays in that game, and he was also fined for incidents in the games immediately before and after that.

Video clearly shows Adams shoving Tuck in the back at the end of the first half in New York

To be fair the Jests beat the Pats at home in a game after there franchise player returns from two blown out ligaments. If any pats fan really exptected Brady to come in one season after that kind of stuff and just go right back to 07 you know nothing about football. This team is in transition, we have a young promising secondary, and we are a pass rusher or two from being pretty damn good on D next year. Combine that with losing Mcdaniels and yea its just a cluster fvck get back year. AND WERE STILL LEADING THE DIVISION :-).

Here's the problem with looking at the glass "half-full":

Guys like Moss and Brady aren't getting any younger. The Pats aren't in the position to say "next year", because as we saw last year, anything can happen, and this season is starting to feel like a wasted one...they've had a healthy Brady, Moss, and Welker (though he did miss a game). Yeah, the Pats will probably win the division, but due to their inability to finish off teams on the road, they've pretty much blown this season. If they were able to seal up the #2 seed they would have had a great chance to get to the AFC Championship Game. As it now stands, they're looking at being a soft #4 that crumbles in the second half of road games, and can't get clutch performances from their defense or their offense. I have a feeling that they're going to bully up on the Panthers this week at home, Brady will throw for 5 stat-padding TDs or so, and they'll think they've righted the ship. Right.

*7'Win-Pats > *6'Win-Jets\Phins

...hang on for dear life. :thumbsup:

I'd be more concerned if the Pats still had games against the Jets and Dolphins, and didn't control their own destiny. I can't worry about the Jets and Dolphins until the Pats lose that control.

And although the Jets and Dolphins have had nice moments, both teams are still just 6-6, with untested QBs heading into the stretch drive. I'm not saying that either team CAN'T pull it off, but I think it's unlikely that the Pats don't win this divison.

HEY FLOZELL 'YOU SUCK!' lol

...I was watching the game live when it happened. FOX refuses to show fights, so I saw the replay off ESPN... what a b!tch. Dude shoves a guy when he's not looking, then runs?! Now THAT'S tough! :lol:

We have a young promising secondary, and we are a pass rusher or two from being pretty damn good on D next year.

...you know, it didn't even sink in when I read this the first time.. but now I gotta ask you. You can't be serious can you? A pass rusher away from being pretty damn good?? Bro, your defense is a mess. Teams cut you up, how'ever they want.. whenever they want. You're allowing close to 30 points a game average. (since your Bye)

This falls back again on the exodus`transition your team allowed throughout the summer, and did nothing to fill the void via *trades/*free-agency/*transactions. When you start the season without Vrabel, Harrison, Bruschi, Hobbs, Izzo, and Seymour... then lose Springs midway through the year.. I don't care who (you think) you are, your defense just took a GIGANTIC step backwards. Is there any wonder why New England brought Seau back? :noclue:Where WHAT'S the defensive identity on this team? The Pats took a big hit two seasons ago when they lost Samual... and that was only one player! But you lose half-a-dozen D'men in one offseason (then completely drop the ball on acquiring Peppers) and you expect your fanbase to buy into the "Patriots can do no Wrong!" campaign, just because the Brady\Belichick tandem has reunited at the helm?! :huh:

Holy Crap! I am officially waving the white flag for the season.

GB was another game where we had the game won and literally in this case, threw it away.

We should be 11-2 on the year, but 6-6 is not a record that shows we know how to win "ugly" games.

I hope Reed stays on IR the rest of the year as well as Suggs and we can draft the next Revis with a crappy record.

I am very disappointed in my Ravens this season. We are better than this.

Holy Crap! I am officially waving the white flag for the season.

GB was another game where we had the game won and literally in this case, threw it away.

We should be 11-2 on the year, but 6-6 is not a record that shows we know how to win "ugly" games.

I hope Reed stays on IR the rest of the year as well as Suggs and we can draft the next Revis with a crappy record.

I am very disappointed in my Ravens this season. We are better than this.

Bill Parcells said it perfectly...your record is what you are. Your team is 6-6. If they were better than that, it would be reflected in their record. I don't care how much my team is living in 2007...they're 7-5 because they deserve to be 7-5.

Should've, would've, could've shows that your team is an almost team, a tease, a team not capable of executing well enough to be among the elite. Just like my team. I could argue that my team has several "should'ves" as well (the Colts, Broncos, and Dolphins come to mind), but my team wasn't good enough and couldn't find a way to come up with the key play(s) to win those games.

Bill Parcells said it perfectly...your record is what you are. Your team is 6-6. If they were better than that, it would be reflected in their record. I don't care how much my team is living in 2007...they're 7-5 because they deserve to be 7-5.

Should've, would've, could've shows that your team is an almost team, a tease, a team not capable of executing well enough to be among the elite. Just like my team. I could argue that my team has several "should'ves" as well (the Colts, Broncos, and Dolphins come to mind), but my team wasn't good enough and couldn't find a way to come up with the key play(s) to win those games.

No argument here. We are 6-6, hence my disappointment.

Has Joe Flacco turned into Trenative Checkwards, Part Deux?

No.

Our offensive line has just been, well, offensive. We could not contain the speed of Matthews on Monday and the pocket just seemed to collapse far too easy because we had to compensate for Matthews.

Add to that the fact that ONLY Derrick Mason knows how to separate from the defense/get open, PLUS defenses now key on Ray Rice on third down and you have basically a recipe for three and out.