52 replies to this topic

#21 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:04 PM

And the legend of Tebow grows! All he does is win ugly. This generation's David Woodley?

The Bronco defense isn't getting enough credit, but that's not Tebow's fault.

#22 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,752 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:05 PM

What Tim Tebow SHOULD say:

"I'm not thanking God this week. I'm thanking my defense. Because God knows they're the only reason I even have a shot in any of these games. I mean, it took me what, almost FIVE quarters to put up 16 friggin' points today? Gee whiz, I have yet to lead my team to so much as 20 points on offense in any game I've played so far, but for some reason, because I manage to pull something off near the end of games after doing almost nothing the first 90% of the game or so, people keep talking about "magic" and "Tebow Time". The magic is my defense, because I produce so little, the pressure is always on them not to give up any points. I don't do much to make their job terribly easy."

114 points in 6 Tebow starts, 100 points on offense. 16.6 points-per-game. Says all you need to know about the "magician".
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#23 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

What Tim Tebow SHOULD say:

"I'm not thanking God this week. I'm thanking my defense. Because God knows they're the only reason I even have a shot in any of these games. I mean, it took me what, almost FIVE quarters to put up 16 friggin' points today? Gee whiz, I have yet to lead my team to so much as 20 points on offense in any game I've played so far, but for some reason, because I manage to pull something off near the end of games after doing almost nothing the first 90% of the game or so, people keep talking about "magic" and "Tebow Time". The magic is my defense, because I produce so little, the pressure is always on them not to give up any points. I don't do much to make their job terribly easy."

114 points in 6 Tebow starts, 100 points on offense. 16.6 points-per-game. Says all you need to know about the "magician".

You're not a believer, I take it? INFIDEL! :D

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:18 PM

How about Norv's epic fail on the idiotic handoff to Tolbert on 3rd Down that Miller ate ALIVE and lead to the double FAIL on the FG attempt???

That was anti-football HEAVEN!!!!!! :wub:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,919 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

How about Norv's epic fail on the idiotic handoff to Tolbert on 3rd Down that Miller ate ALIVE and lead to the double FAIL on the FG attempt???

Indeed.

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

It looked like they were both playing for the tie, between Fox not using his timeouts at the end of regulation (then using one in OT on a super-long FG) and not going for it on 4th and 1 from midfield when you have a 250-pound QB and a bad offense.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

Wow....the Steelers are pulling a Ravens :P

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:22 PM

(and I think Kyle Orton just had a calming exhale going "thank God, I'm not gonna get kicked to the curb by ANOTHER no-talent stiff left arm'ed QB" :P )

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:04 AM

Hope Brady can make up for your lack of gameplanning yet again.

OMG, the PATS got back to basics by actually adding BGE into the offense. They looked like the did early in the season when they spread the offensive wealth and made them almost Packer-like.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:55 AM

Letting Vince Young throw it up for 400 yards isn't exactly inspiring me that the Pats are "back" and playing well on the defensive side of the fence....

Indy
at DC
at Denver
Miami
Buffalo

Boy the Pats are gonna look a LOT better then they might be going into the stretch run.....

the team in the AFC that interests me and I think could be a threat is the Raiders..... seriously.......

#31 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,752 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:29 AM

Letting Vince Young throw it up for 400 yards isn't exactly inspiring me that the Pats are "back" and playing well on the defensive side of the fence....

Indy
at DC
at Denver
Miami
Buffalo

Boy the Pats are gonna look a LOT better then they might be going into the stretch run.....

the team in the AFC that interests me and I think could be a threat is the Raiders..... seriously.......

The Pats were better than the yard total would lead you to believe...Young got a lot of them when the Eagles raced out to their 10-0 lead, and a lot more in garbage time. When he had chances to answer the Pats' onslaught, he didn't, though his receivers didn't help him out.

I've already said what I've thought of the Pats. Frauds until proven otherwise. I've seen them outscore opponents by big margins before (109-39 over the last three games), and their sched almost guarantees that they're going to go into the playoffs looking impressive (and likely as a #1 or #2 seed). But none of that means a thing...they HAVE to make noise come playoff time.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 28 November 2011 - 10:30 AM.

THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#32 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,713 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

I don't disagree, Palmer has played much better than I thought he could. They may actually be able to justify that desperation trade.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#33 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

Wow....the Steelers are pulling a Ravens :P

you mean "winning".

Horrible.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#34 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Eagles BLOW!

#35 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:30 AM

Matt Leinart out for the year now :lol: (least he can rehab in that famous hot tub of his :P )

and also....FINALLY Jack Del Rio fired....strange timing in that.....

Texans talking about bringing in Jeff Garcia....wow......

#36 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

Matt Leinart out for the year now :lol: (least he can rehab in that famous hot tub of his :P )

and also....FINALLY Jack Del Rio fired....strange timing in that.....

Texans talking about bringing in Jeff Garcia....wow......

Matt Leinhart is DONE.

Del Rio's biggest mistake: cutting your starting QB days before game #1.

Jeff Garcia????? Not a bad choice, after all rust is removed. He has a few weeks to hand-off the ball.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:45 AM

Matt Leinhart is DONE.

Del Rio's biggest mistake: cutting your starting QB days before game #1.

Jeff Garcia????? Not a bad choice, after all rust is removed. He has a few weeks to hand-off the ball.

Leinart got outplayed by TJ Hooker in that game alone :lol:

I don't blame Del Rio, he KNEW what he had in Garrard, and might as well get the rookie wet....having a WR on the team not labeled as embarrassingly bad would have helped, but his time was gone...

Garcia had worked out in Houston when Schaub got hurt, so that makes sense......

#38 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:32 AM

I don't blame Del Rio, he KNEW what he had in Garrard, and might as well get the rookie wet....having a WR on the team not labeled as embarrassingly bad would have helped, but his time was gone...

If Del Rio knew what he had, he could have utilized his rookie QB in camp with the first team (like Dalton in Cincy), instead of having him learn during the season and sacrificing games.

Garrard gave Jacksonville a better opportunity to win.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,833 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:42 PM

If Del Rio knew what he had, he could have utilized his rookie QB in camp with the first team (like Dalton in Cincy), instead of having him learn during the season and sacrificing games.

Garrard gave Jacksonville a better opportunity to win.

Not by much and not with THAT offense, all that does is maintain the mediocrity.....Del Rio's contract was the only thing that saved him THIS long

#40 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,436 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:35 PM

Not by much and not with THAT offense, all that does is maintain the mediocrity.....Del Rio's contract was the only thing that saved him THIS long

With Garrard you still had to respect the potential to pass and that would have opened up MJD and you could have gotten a few more wins to build off.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users