NFL Week 1!!!

CRASHER

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodell may legit be in trouble now- the AP is reporting the NFL has had the tape since April. The cop who sent the league the tape has a voice mail from the league office confirming its receipt. This is getting worse for the NFL by the hour...

Edited by MadDog2020

Good, between destroying the Spygate evidence, being judge and jury when it suits him then abdicating his responsibility when it doesn't, the replacement ref fiasco, and all the other garbage this guy can't be forced to resign soon enough. Goodell makes freaking Bettman look measured and smart :P

Amen. I hate Goodell way more than Bettman, and I hope he gets canned. But I could easily see the league executive to whom the tape was sent being the sacrificial lamb so the owners don't have to fire their beloved Rog. Edited by MadDog2020

Goodell has botched this, but this shouldn't be about him. This story should be about Ray Rice. And too much is being talked about the NFL seeing or not seeing the video and that punishment. What about the NJ prosecutors?

The mob has changed its focus on Roger for now, so that's all we'll talk about.

It makes him look horrible. He's either a lying piece of sh!t or incredibly incompetent. There's really no in between. Edited by MadDog2020

Considering the NFL is acting like the bigger crime here is making the league look bad over the ACTUAL act (case in point the suspension before the tape's release and the SUPER DUPER PANIC OVERREACTION TO COVER THEIR ASSES after)..... I'm quite ok with this....he's laid the hammer down way too many times without checks and balances, not to mention he just came out and lied through his wormy little teeth on the CBS news last night.....it's only fitting he finally gets taken down

Goodell has botched this, but this shouldn't be about him. This story should be about Ray Rice. And too much is being talked about the NFL seeing or not seeing the video and that punishment. What about the NJ prosecutors?

Much like the NFL's rules were not harsh enough....the NJ criminal laws for this were not either....I think the standard penalty was some kinda counseling which he was doing....this has opened eyes and politcians this close to an election will slime into action and make a change for the better on this one too

but both the NFL and the NJ system followed the prescribed rules for the situation, the only reason people are going nuts about it is some disturbing video evidence which really should NOT change people's opinions on the actual incident....it just makes it "more real" to the mob, the sheep and the masses

It should be on him to a degree (especially since now Rice has already been thrown out for the season) because not only have they botched the Rice thing, but Hardy who was CONVICTED didn't even get any suspension.  Neither has McDonald as of yet.  They're not even following their own rules and precedents...Hardy and McDonald are happy as **** that Goodell botched the Rice thing so royally that nobody's even noticing that double standard.  I guess you only get suspended for domestic abuse if there's a video.  

Edited by NJDevs4978

I get "innocent until proven guilty" and all....and that should be undersold....but what the NFL needs to do....if you are arrested for a felony....ANY felony.....you are instantly suspended, your pay is held up in an escrow (kinda like the NHL one).....if you are cleared you get your monet back....if you are convicted your games suspened in the in-between count to the total of games suspended....at least at THAT point it looks like the NFL isn't fraking around with this stuff anymore....and you hit the players in their pocketbook.....maybe THEN you finally fix the asylum.....

I get "innocent until proven guilty" and all....and that should be undersold....but what the NFL needs to do....if you are arrested for a felony....ANY felony.....you are instantly suspended, your pay is held up in an escrow (kinda like the NHL one).....if you are cleared you get your monet back....if you are convicted your games suspened in the in-between count to the total of games suspended....at least at THAT point it looks like the NFL isn't fraking around with this stuff anymore....and you hit the players in their pocketbook.....maybe THEN you finally fix the asylum.....

Problem with that being anyone can make up a story about any star player and get them arrested/booked.  The NFL has to at least be consistent.  Either suspend due process or don't.  You can't suspend due process in some cases (as the league's been all too happy to do in the past) and then fall back on claiming due process in these domestic abuse cases.