NBA 2008 Playoffs

Satans Hockey

The Celtics win Game 6 over the Pistons 89-81 and advance to the NBA Finals where they will face the Lakers. Celtics won the ECF series 4-2 over the Pistons. It was a championship-like performance in the fourth quarter on Friday. Celtics dominated the 4th Quarter to earn a trip to The Finals for the first time since 1987.

It's been a remarkable turnaround season for the Lakers. They dethroned the defending champs the SA Spurs Thursday to return to The Finals for the first time since 2004.

This will be the 11th time the Celtics will face the Lakers in the NBA Finals and not since 1986 when it was Larry Bird vs. Magic Johnson. When these two teams always played eachother in the NBA Finals it was always a great series and great talent on both sides. I remember the classic matchups between these two teams in the 80's. Again here in 2008 it will be another great series and I think the Lakers and Kobe Bryant will beat the Celtics for the NBA Championship. Do not like the Celtics so GO LAKERS!!! :evil:

Game 1 of the NBA Finals begins on Thursday, June 5th - 9:00 p.m. ABC (HD).

LA Lakers vs. Boston Celtics

Edited by SatansDevils

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thats a lot of time inbetween the conference finals and the finals. I got turned off from the NBA when Ratner purchased the Nets, once they get bought and move into the Rock I'll probably get back into it. Since the SCF will probably be over by the time this starts, I'll probably tune into parts of it. At least its a classic matchup that should be interesting. I hate everything Boston and have a soft spot for LA so I'll jump on the Lakers bandwagon for this one.

Wow, thats a lot of time inbetween the conference finals and the finals. I got turned off from the NBA when Ratner purchased the Nets, once they get bought and move into the Rock I'll probably get back into it. Since the SCF will probably be over by the time this starts, I'll probably tune into parts of it. At least its a classic matchup that should be interesting. I hate everything Boston and have a soft spot for LA so I'll jump on the Lakers bandwagon for this one.

Yes it is really a long time for the NBA Finals to start. It is a week and just too long of a rest inbetween. Lakers will have a full week off before Game 1 of the NBA Finals and I hope they roll all over the Celtics.

I'm rooting for the Lakers as well. I can't stand Boston.

WOW! We actually agree on the Lakers here SH. :blink::P

GO LAKERS!!!

Here is the NBA Finals series schedule.

All games are on ABC and the NBA still uses the 2-3-2 format.

Gm. 1: Thursday, June 5 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS

Gm. 2: Sunday, June 8 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS

Gm. 3: Tuesday, June 10 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL

Gm. 4: Thursday, June 12 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL

Gm. 5: *Sunday, June 15 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL

Gm. 6: *Tuesday, June 17 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS

Gm. 7: *Thursday, June 19 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS

* if necessary

There is just too many days off inbetween games here in the NBA Finals IMO. Seems like they need to put these games on a Sunday night for some reason.

Celtics win Game 1 of the NBA Finals 98-88 over the Lakers. Kobe Bryant with an off night of shooting. Too many days off for the Lakers showed some rust and now down in the series 0-1 for the first time in these playoffs. Plenty of games left and still think Kobe and the Lakers win this series in 6-games. Celtics take the 1-0 series lead in the best of seven.

Game 2 of the NBA Finals is on Sunday night @ 9:00 p.m. on ABC.

Again why must they have two days off here inbetween games 1 and 2? Just stupid and I guess for ratings are better on a Sunday night than a Saturday night.

WOW! What a Game 2 it was in Boston! Celtics breathe a sigh of relief after they were up by 24 points with 7:40 to go in the 4th quarter and the Lakers almost made the biggest comeback in NBA history. They pulled within 2 points of tying the game @ 104-102 and just fell short as the Celtics won Game 2: 108-102 and lead the best of seven 2-0 now going to LA for the next three games where LA has not lost at home in these playoffs (9-0). This is going to be a great series if the Lakers win the next three games at home to go back to Boston for Games 6 and 7. Celtics held serve here in the first two games and now it will be "Showtime!" in LA for the next three games.

Game 3 in LA will be on Tuesday night @ 8:30 p.m.

We now have a series in the NBA Finals! The Lakers win Game 3: 87-81 over the Celtics and now trail in this series 2-1 with Game 4 on Thursday night in LA. The lakers still unbeaten at home now in these playoffs @ 9-0 and expext them to win the next two games to go up 3-2 in this series and win one of the last 2-games in Boston. Bryant is just amazing and he won that game for the Lakers. No one can cover him on the Celtics. It was an ugly game 3 as far as FT in the game where the Lakers could or should have routed the Celtics here in Game 3 if they made their FT. Bryant even missed 7 FT in this game. Good home win for the Lakers and Game 4 should be even better for the Lakers at home infront of a very loud crowd. GO LAKERS!

Tonight was the first action I saw of this series. The Lakers dominated in the first half, especially the first quarter. I think they had a 24 point lead at one point. How the hell did they blow that? I didn't see the second half but I was fully expecting to see a Laker win and the series tied up at 2 when I looked back. Now the Celtics can close it out at home which sucks. Hopefully the Lakers can come back, I'm not sure how many times a team has come back from 3-1 down in the finals before. I'd hate to see Boston get another title.

Lakers choke a big one :boogie::dance:

Up 35-14 after the first quarter, lead 68-48 with about 6 mins left in 3rd Qaurter, lose 97-91.

Yipeee :boogie::dance:

I couldn't have dreamed a better game, I fvcking HATE the Lakers, another punk-ass poseur franchise, only this one is on the left coast.

Bryant the rapist failed again, and jerk Jackson can go smoke a fat one ( for bad mouthing the city of San Antonio)

I'm not a Boston fan, I'm a Spurs fan, and any team againt the fakers.

Wow! The Lakers blow Game 4: 97-91 to the Celtics and trail in the series now 3-1 where no NBA team has ever cameback from that deficit. The Lakers blew a 24-point lead in the first half and a 20-point lead in the 3rd quarter which was one of the biggest comebacks in NBA Finals. Kobe and the Lakers also lost their first game at home in LA in these playoffs (9-1) and since March where they have won the last 15-games in LA. This is a devasting loss for the lakers and it might have costed them this series and championship. The Lakers are a team though that can comeback from a 3-1 deficit which they have done in the past many times but never in the NBA Finals. First for everything I guess. I really do not want to see Boston win the NBA Championship. Bryant and the Lakers have to win three straight and it starts on Sunday night for Game 5 in LA and then the last two games in Boston for Games 6 and 7. The Lakers had this game won as they were demoslishing the Celtics in the first halk and then the second half was just a nightmare for them letting the Celtics right back into the game and then lost it. A tough and bad loss for the Lakers. Bryant needs to take over Game 5 and this series. Two days rest now and the Lakers are not going to be very happy for the next two days. I see them coming out again like they did in Game 4 but this time finish the damn job and game!

Game 5 will be on Sunday night @ 8:30 p.m. on ABC.

Tonight was the first action I saw of this series. The Lakers dominated in the first half, especially the first quarter. I think they had a 24 point lead at one point. How the hell did they blow that? I didn't see the second half but I was fully expecting to see a Laker win and the series tied up at 2 when I looked back. Now the Celtics can close it out at home which sucks. Hopefully the Lakers can come back, I'm not sure how many times a team has come back from 3-1 down in the finals before. I'd hate to see Boston get another title.

The Lakers have comeback many times from 3-1 including the WCF but no team has done it in the NBA Finals. The Lakers can do it and just one game at a time. They have the best offense in the NBA and they have to show that in Game 5 at home. Tomight was a bad loss for sure.

Celtics were the first team in NBA history to comeback from a 21-point deficit in the 1st quarter to win a game in the NBA Finals.

Screw Boston and I do not want to see them win. GO LAKERS!!!

Screw Boston and I do not want to see them win. GO LAKERS!!!

Well this is good news and locks up the lakers losing and their fraud fans filing out by the thousands by halftime!!

the hell with LA (the city not the poster!!!)

Lakers choke a big one :boogie::dance:

Up 35-14 after the first quarter, lead 68-48 with about 6 mins left in 3rd Qaurter, lose 97-91.

Yipeee :boogie::dance:

I couldn't have dreamed a better game, I fvcking HATE the Lakers, another punk-ass poseur franchise, only this one is on the left coast.

Bryant the rapist failed again, and jerk Jackson can go smoke a fat one ( for bad mouthing the city of San Antonio)

I'm not a Boston fan, I'm a Spurs fan, and any team againt the fakers.

Ah a sore Spurs fan. I can understand that as the Lakers have owned the Spurs in the playoffs everytime they face eachother. Hate to tell you NZT, but the Lakers are the best team in the WC and they beat up the Spurs who are old and done. End of an era for the Spurs. New era for the Lakers it seems and they can comeback in this series no doubt. I think we may see more history in this years NBA Finals.

Suprised you are not a Dallas Mavericks fan there NZT.

Edited by SatansDevils

Fakers fans? How ironic that Boston fans, who have basically went into a cave the past 10-15 years and now 'all of the sudden' the my$tique is back, I'm a great Celtics fan etc...because of 1 giant spending spree and a giant fix by McHale helping out his former team and gift wrapping Garnett back to his old team.

Plus Pierce, really good player, but I have no respect for him with all his flopping..just play the damn game.

And oh, Gasol is soft.

Edited by LOTCB

Teams down 3-1 in the finals are 0 and 28 in the series. I don't see the Lakers being the first team to do this.

This Lakers team are a team that IS capible to comeback from 3-1, but the odds are against them right now plus Games 6 and 7 are in Boston. Tough task and hill to climb and they need to take one game at a time approach if they want to make some history and I do hope they do it.

Ah a sore Spurs fan. I can understand that as the Lakers have owned the Spurs in the playoffs everytime they face eachother. Hate to tell you NZT, but the Lakers are the best team in the WC and they beat up the Spurs who are old and done. End of an era for the Spurs. New era for the Lakers it seems and they can comeback in this series no doubt. I think we may see more history in this years NBA Finals.

Suprised you are not a Dallas Mavericks fan there NZT.

1999, Spurs 4 Lakers 0 en route to Spurs 4-1 finals win over knicks for first NBA championship.

2003, Spurs 4 Lakers 2 en route to Spurs 4-2 finals win over Nets for second NBA championship.

I don't think that is owning, even if after meeting six times in the NBA playoffs the Lakers have won four times out of six.

The Spurs are old, but I don't think they are done.

The Lakers are a one man show, shut down Kobe, Lakers lose.

I don't mind the Mavs, or Rockets, 2003 was hard for me because of the Nets, I like the Nets obviously, but if they move from NJ, to hell with them.

I can understand why the Spurs are not liked on this board as they beat they tri-state teams in two finals.

Even before I was a Spurs fan I never liked the Lakers, same in other sports, I don't like the Yankees either.

I'm not a fan of spotlight high media, big money bling-flashy "fashionable" poseur franchises.

Those two teams, just like the Red Wings have far too many bandwagon fans ( not because they win, or used to win {Yankee$ :hah: } because it's "hip") I reckon 50% of their total "fans" follow those teams because being a Lakers-Yankees-Red Wings fan is "Cool" :rolleyes::puke:

Edited by Neutral Zone Trap

Game 5 here in LA the Lakers demolishing the Celtics worse than Game 4. End of the 1st quarter and it is 39-22 Lakers. Bryant is controlling this game and I think we will see the Lakers just destroy the Celtics here in Game 5. There will be NO comeback in this one. I think the Lakers will be ready in the second half and just continue to roll. Lakers up by 17 right now.

Game 6 is in Boston on Tuesday night. :evil:

Edited by SatansDevils

Celtics made a run 15-0 as the Lakers went cold then got it going late in the 2nd quarter to have the 55-52 lead at halftime. bryant needs to take over the second half and this 3rd quarter is going to be huge for the Lakers and their season here as the Celtics has had the better 3rd quarter in all these finals games so far so the Lakers need to win the 3rd quarter and put them away in the 4th quarter. GO LAKERS!!!

Lakers win the 3rd quarter for the first time in this series and now up 9. 79-70. Whoever said Gasol is soft has to be kidding me. :giggle: He is playing is ass off here and has come up huge in this Game 5 for the Lakers. The Celtics cannot stop Gasol. Look for Bryant to take over the 4th quarter and win this game to force a Game 6 in Boston on Tuesday night. The "Elite Eight" as Bryant said in an interview since he never went to college will be down to the "Final Four" for Bryant and the Lakers. CMON LAKERS!!! Just do not like the Celtics.

We have a series now! Game 6 is on Tuesday night! Huge win for the Lakers. Pao Gasol was a monster in this game and he took it to the Celtics here in Game 5.

Lakers win Game 5; 103-98. :boogie:

Celtics lead series 3-2 now. Bryant with a huge defensive play on Pierce to seal Game 5 for the Lakers who mostly led the whole game except when the Celtics had a brief 1-point lead.

I now know why I do not watch that much basketball. The refs are just terrible. They tried in every way to end this series tonight by calling just about every dumb foul on the Lakers. celtics with more FT on the road in LA? Just ridiculious and too many bad calls by these refs in this game. They are worse than the NHL refs. :P Lakers got the short end tonight on the FT and foul calls here in Game 5 and still lead for most of the game and the win. Celtics need to choke two more times and at home now which it is going to be tough for the Lakers but they are a team that can comeback from being down 3-1.

Game 6 back in Boston now on Tuesday night @ 8:30 p.m. For the Lakers its one down two go go for more NBA history!

GO LAKERS!!!

SCREW BOSTON!!!

Edited by SatansDevils

Nice win for LA, I was fully expecting the Lakers to blow that all game and they were able to hold off the Celtics at the end. Hopefully Game 6 is just as good and I'm still hoping that the Lakers win the next two to complete the come back.

Amen to that!

There was no way LA was going to blow that Game 5. Bad enough they gave away Game 4 but still alive and take one game at a time here. Lakers win Game 6 then all bets are off for Game 7 as the big choke could be on for the Celtics.