Devils Free Ticket Contest to Saturdays Game 10/23

Quinn01

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was in 102. i got to the arena around 5:30ish to get my tickets. was it random indeed or first come-first serve? either way my seats weren't bad -- i usually like corners but it was a nice change to sit behind the goalie. at least i was behind miller twice...got to see some decent goaltending for once.

It may have been random because I got there at @ 6:20 and got Sec 21 row 13

Edited by sassquash

Yeah the orange sheets said you won come to the concourse so when people went there they basically said, ok well if you buy tickets to antoher home game, we will give you a VIP tour of the arena. Its just a way to try and sell season tickets I guess......

Got section 2, row 19, seats 1 & 2. Bought a $10 ticket so that I could go with my wife and small child, figuring there would be an empty seat next to me and all three of us could sit together.

No such luck. The entire section -- as well as the sections around us -- ended up being packed solid, so I took all of us up to section 215, which was pretty empty until about 20 or 30 Sabres fans sat in the rows immediately in front of us.

No matter. We sat in the last row of the section, and my 2-year-old was able to walk around without bothering anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully not. That would mean that attendance has fallen below what any of us could imagine. You can't sell something if people know you're just going to give it away eventually, except if people think you might sell out of it.

I have little to no sympathy for the Devils (ha!) in terms of attendance. They shot themselves in the foot by raising prices this year for the tickets and concessions. Add that plus NJ Transit raised their fares, so now it is even harder to go to games. Our attendance was never that good, but it is worse now since many fair-weather fans (mostly those with Parise jerseys with the tags still on them) are not going to the games since we are not doing well.

Hopefully not. That would mean that attendance has fallen below what any of us could imagine. You can't sell something if people know you're just going to give it away eventually, except if people think you might sell out of it.

Yeah really, besides as an sth I don't want them giving away tickets to every single game. That completely devalues season tickets. If you have to give them away for the undesirable midweek games or even the lesser Friday-weekend games later in the season when the team struggles that's one thing but it reaches a point of saturation where it eventually will do more harm than good.

They shot themselves in the foot by raising prices this year for the tickets and concessions.

Yeah well, what team's tickets aren't too high? I guess you could say Canadien teams and Minnesota since they all sell out every game anyway but other than that the only affordable ticket prices usually come from losing teams that have to get people in the building.

And I agree some of the sections are complete nonsense with the way they're priced, they're paying for the $31 corners this year, the 209-215-226-232 sections have been total ghost towns, they'll have to run twenty college nights just to half-fill those sections. That said I see no reason why with some adjustments (granted, major ones) to the price structure in the upper corners, mezz and lower corners that they can't get 15,000+ every game most years. $31 for an upper center-ice seat or $39 or whatever it is for a prime balcony seat isn't outrageous.