2013 Jets Thread

NJDevs4978

That is just laughable. What have they developed or drafted in the past five years who was significant? Gholston? Hill? The best you've done in the Rex era was to steal former Ravens who we developed because the Jets can't.

Kerley, Greene, and Slauson were all okay-to-decent picks, but Wilkerson is a fantastic player, almost certainly the Jets' top pick under the Rex era (not including 2013 draftees yet). Not saying that's some kind of great haul over 4 drafts (closer to 3 since 2009 and 2010 only featured 7 total picks) but you could probably do worse.

Edited by nmigliore

That is just laughable. What have they developed or drafted in the past five years who was significant? Gholston? Hill? The best you've done in the Rex era was to steal former Ravens who we developed because the Jets can't.

The Jets have had 4 losing seasons since 1996. That's all...that's because they draft well.

They drafted Shonn Greene who was solid and helped them to playoff wins

They drafted Kerley who has been a good receiver

They drafted Mo Wilkerson who has been very good (2nd team all pro last year)

The drafted Coples who had a great rookie season

Joe McKnight was 3rd in the NFL in kickoff return yardage last year

Matt Slauson was a solid 3 year starter at guard for us

manta...your entire shtick is hating on the jets since jumping on baltimores bandwagon. do some research before your anti jets diatribes. Nobody takes you seriously anymore.

Nice way to avoid the issue. Still trying to figure out how sticking up for Sanchez is hating on the Jets. All I did was to call you out on your hyperbolic bullsh!te. Tannenbaum killed your team with bad signings and mediocre drafting. Get over it.

Been a dd

Nice way to avoid the issue. Still trying to figure out how sticking up for Sanchez is hating on the Jets. All I did was to call you out on your hyperbolic bullsh!te. Tannenbaum killed your team with bad signings and mediocre drafting. Get over it.

Been a dd

you have absolutely nothing to back up anything you say but blind hatred for the Jets. Sanchez you're ambivalent towards, you just need another issue to pick on the Jets

Most of Tannenbaums signings and drafting were solid. Before him, even Bradway had a solid drafting record. The trade for Thomas Jones was good, the drafting of Greene helped the team. Signing Pace and Scott helped the team. Braylon Edwards was a great clutch receiver for us, and he's still here. Even Holmes had some huge catches for us in 2011...especially the NE playoff game. Jim Leonhard was good, Bart Scott was terrific for us...he just got old. Even Jason Taylor for that 1 year was very good, Tony Richardson was great, Tomlinson was great, Cromartie has been great. The only Raven the Jets "stole" was Scott. Leonhard developed in Buffalo.

Do you watch football at all?

Edited by '7'

Wow, so many errors and era's where does begin. Being drafted and developed are two different things. Braylon Edwards (who I really like) was dropped twice by the Jets. The Jets were just lucky to get him back. The strength of the glory days was Thomas Jones and Fancea. Your front office blew that too. The Jets have lost their way since the Thomas Jones.

Also in your blathering all you mention are free agent signings and trades (to run away from the topic, yet again), the topic was development of Jets players the past five years, of which you stated the Jets were great at. I'm still waiting to hear about the greatness (and don't include Mangold, Ferguson or Revis).

you don't get to set the goalposts. "Oh hey the Jets suck at drafting but let's just not mention 2 future hall of famers and 1 all pro

once again. Greene and Slauson from 2009 were solid contributors, McKnight from 2010 has been a good special teams returner. Kerley and Powell from 2011 have both been good, Mo Wilkerson has been great. Kendrick Ellis has been pretty good. Coples has a good rookie season, jury still out on Hill...but it's too early to evaluate the 2012 draft. This year we'll see what Antonio Allen, Josh Bush, and Demario Davis contribute. And definitely too early for the 2013 draft class, but I'm sure Milliner and Richardson will be good players. If you want to go back to 2008 Dustin Keller was a solid tight end for us and Dwight Lowery will be a serviceable NFL safety for a long time.

First round draft picks are supposed to be ready. So, I don't consider that development material. I am talking about taking someone who wasn't drafted or drafted very late and making them a quality player. We do this all the time in Baltimore (Bart Scott and Jim Leonard you are familiar with). Also, glad to see your hyperbolic statements keep playing on. Hall of Famers?

First round draft picks are supposed to be ready. So, I don't consider that development material. I am talking about taking someone who wasn't drafted or drafted very late and making them a quality player. We do this all the time in Baltimore (Bart Scott and Jim Leonard you are familiar with). Also, glad to see your hyperbolic statements keep playing on. Hall of Famers?

there you go again, moving the goalposts back and changing the rules. First round picks are mostly not ready, that goes with EVERY TEAM. Look how many 1st round QB's sit. Some for years. 1st rounders are babied and brought along slowly.

Mangold and Revis will be hall of famers

Leonhard was already a Bill for 3 years before he got to Buffalo. That's where he became a player. Not Baltimore

Bart Scott was back in 2002! The Jets took Jonathan Goodwin that year in round 5 and he's a pro bowl center!

Edited by '7'

Good and bad news 

Good: Holmes is running full sprints and may be closer to returning than we initially thought

Bad: Coples with a hairline fracture...looks like he'll miss at least week 1. Depends on what kind of healer the athlete is in these situations. Not a super serious injury, just an annoying one

Speaks volumes that a WR not good enough for Jacksonville immediately finds a spot on the Jests.

Did the Jets steal your lunch money 10 years ago?

The Bengals are supposed to be on the up and up. There's a new bandwagon for you to jump on now that 2/3rds of the Browns East roster has bolted

Edited by '7'

Not mine, but, you have to admit, and respectfully, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.  My Fins are no great shakes either, but the Jets kind of remind me of Nordberg in the Naked Gun (the real life feats of the performer notwithstanding).  I just love listening to NY sports talk radio after a Jets' loss. 

But don't feel so bad about Massoquoi.  He's Jerry Rice compared to some of the wide outs the Phins have picked up in recent memory.

The Bengals are supposed to be on the up and up. There's a new bandwagon for you to jump on now that 2/3rds of the Browns East roster has bolted

No, just rebutting some of your usual hyperbolic assessments.    I am sure you have Massoquoi listed as a future Hall of Famer right now.

As everyone on this board knows, except you for some reason, been a Raven fan since they came to Baltimore.   Its seems like your thinking of jumping ship though.

Edited by MantaRay

Your obsession with the Jets almost borders on mental illness. I don't think you pay attention to any other team more than the Jets

Massoquoi improving receiving depth....quite the hyperbole there. :rolleyes:

It's pretty clear you don't even know the definition of the word

Edited by '7'

All I said is that he improves receiving depth, he's been a regular NFL receiver for years...hardly a scrub.

Every move the Jets make, you are fanatically obsessed with. You are watching the franchise like a hawk...like some guy watching his ex's every move on facebook. Your entire NFL existence is not based on rooting for anybody. Just hating the Jets. Get a life already.

start a Jets haters thread if it makes you happy. But don't pollute this one with your trollish garbage

Edited by '7'

Then if have to question your reading comprehension. As I have applauded most of the Jets off season moves and defended Sanchez at every turn.

The only time I have been negative is usually after you said something off the mark. It actually makes me laugh to see you struggle with reality.

A WR who has been a career #4or #5 guy on a lot crappy teams, and recently cut by team who is in desperate need of a quality WR is by definition a scrub.

Wide receivers get hurt. The Jets have Holmes (healthy now) Edwards, Kerley, Hill, Gates, Winslow (TE). Having a guy who's had 30 catch seasons and upwards of 600+ receiving yards is good depth. He's like 4-5 on the depth chart depending on health of other guys. You act like the Jets signed him as a prospective #1.

The only thing I can add to Mossiquoi-gate is that sometimes players play better in different systems, and it could be the case that Mohammad didn't work out on the Jags system.  He's no lock to make the roster either (though the NY Daily News suggests that Edwards is on the roster bubble), but if Holmes can't play some weeks (he's still reporting daily pain in his foot), you could do a lot worse as a #4 so long as you're not playing Cincinnati...Mohammad probably still sees James Harrison in his nightmares.

#1. Santonio Holmes

#2. Stephen Hill

#3. Jeremy Kerley

#4. Braylon Edwards

#5. Mohamed Massaquoi

#6. Clyde Gates

TE's; Kellen Winslow & Jeff Cumberland

..on paper, this is lightyears ahead of the talent and depth we had last season. We already have the best depth/talent @ TE in the division.. we arguably may have the best @ WR aswell.

Define "lightyears".   The roster looks only 365 days different from last year, but you have a new #5 receiver and Winslow is a downgrade from Keller.   I love Cumberland, but Marty's Offense is not TE driven.

The Jets do not have a number #1 type of receiver.   Holmes is at best a #3 guy on a good team.   Add that to the fact he doesn't want to play for the Jets and will be gone after the season, isn't a great scenario for your offense.

Edited by MantaRay

Winslow isn't a downgrade from a guy whose career is pretty much over (unfortunately). I don't recall Keller having any 80 or even 70 catch seasons. Winslow has much better hands.

Holmes is not a #1. But to say he's a 3 is ridiculous. Kerley is a 3. A healthy Holmes is a #2 on most NFL teams...on good NFL teams. He's be a #1 in New England as well as some other teams.

Edited by '7'

WinSLOW is what?? You are a homer. I am sure Winslow is now a Hall Famer in your estimation.

You know zilch about football. I swear you must've taken the sport up maybe 2 years ago

Show me 1 full season where Keller was better than Winslow. Show me Kellers 70 and 80 catch seasons.

nobody was ever talking about Winslows Hall of Fame credentials. I don't know what you're even talking about with that.

Edited by '7'