Philadelphia Flyers Pronger, likely done.

SterioDesign

Pronger was a goon?

A goon that had talent and could actually play the game. He gave us fits and was a serious matchup problem for our forwards. Without him, the Flyers D sucks.

I wonder how his retirement will affect their cap situation (assuming that all things remained the same RE: the rules of the next CBA). By having him on LTIR, they were able to get around his cap hit, but with his retirement after signing an over 35 contract, they might be in cap hell for a little while which would be a great thing to see.

A goon that had talent and could actually play the game. He gave us fits and was a serious matchup problem for our forwards. Without him, the Flyers D sucks.

I wonder how his retirement will affect their cap situation (assuming that all things remained the same RE: the rules of the next CBA). By having him on LTIR, they were able to get around his cap hit, but with his retirement after signing an over 35 contract, they might be in cap hell for a little while which would be a great thing to see.

I think the 35+ rule goes away next CBA but even if it doesn't, Pronger won't officially retire. That would cost him tens of millions of dollars.

I think the 35+ rule goes away next CBA but even if it doesn't, Pronger won't officially retire. That would cost him tens of millions of dollars.

20 million left, including this season. It sucks for him to go out like this and I don't wish it upon anyone...but I am completely unmoved by it. You get what you give.

If you're a dirty player AND one of the best skilled - then you're a mean-spirited cocksucker who deserves whatever the hell you get. I'd be gracious enough to claim being unmoved but just the name Pronger fills me with contempt.

No he was never good old time hockey spirit of the game bastard - he's was just a weak-willed mf'er I have no desire to set eye upon under any circumstances.

so ha.

Dude had 3 trips to the Finals with 3 different teams, wouldn't be surprised if he's the only guy who can say that between lockouts. He was a dirty player but he was one of the best.

Oh yes, great skill who's name could perhaps be tossed around as a Stevens if he could have stuck around in one place. IIRC, he signed a big deal in EDM and then left because his wife nagged him. In Philly, they traded two stars who were long term building blocks because of problems in the locker room. You would like to think someone with decent leadership skills would be able to defuse the situation a little better.

Oh yes, great skill who's name could perhaps be tossed around as a Stevens if he could have stuck around in one place. IIRC, he signed a big deal in EDM and then left because his wife nagged him. In Philly, they traded two stars who were long term building blocks because of problems in the locker room. You would like to think someone with decent leadership skills would be able to defuse the situation a little better.

Stevens played for 3 teams, he signed with St. Louis in 1994, and how many coaches did the Devils have over his career there? 8?. I don't believe that Carter and Richards were traded just because Pronger wanted them gone.

Stevens played for 3 teams, he signed with St. Louis in 1994, and how many coaches did the Devils have over his career there? 8?. I don't believe that Carter and Richards were traded just because Pronger wanted them gone.

Pronger's diva attitude sure didn't help keep them there. It was clear there was a rift in the locker room that was bad enough for Holmgren to shake up a team coming a few wins away from a cup a year before the trade.

The eight coaches has little to do with Stevens and more to do with Lou's Stanley Cup or bust philosophy and bad luck.

Pronger's diva attitude sure didn't help keep them there. It was clear there was a rift in the locker room that was bad enough for Holmgren to shake up a team coming a few wins away from a cup a year before the trade.

Holmgren's hand was forced by ownership - it was pretty clear he didn't want to make those trades. Like I said - I don't think it was the locker room alone. Carter and Richards had developed a reputation for being party guys. If they also had their own thing going in the locker room that's bad news. Hell, that happened to the A-line and they had won a Stanley Cup.

The eight coaches has little to do with Stevens and more to do with Lou's Stanley Cup or bust philosophy and bad luck.

When you want to look at something one way, it's easy to find evidence for it even if it's not there. I don't think Stevens has very much to do with that.

Thought I read it somewhere, but can't find it now. The press conference after dealing both guys, it feels like he's not thrilled, but sometimes people from Canada just sound like that.

I doubt he wanted to under any circumstances. Even if drug use or attitudes became a factor, sending two homegrown franchise kids off would tap into some level of his humanity..

Regardless, I'm curious as well where those orders came from, and how they felt after the Kings won the Cup..