Devils vs Rangers ECFs

justdo3043

Considering that we only beat the Rangers once in a playoff series tells me that the "omen" doesn't bode well in our favor for beating them again.

Does Marty / Lou / Larry want to excercise the ghosts of 1994? Sure.

But, as much as I would hate to admit it, a series against the Rangers will be difficult, and I don't think we would survive it.

They have excellent goal tending, a solid D-core, and an equally impressive forecheck and power play.

You cannot underestimate Callahan and Richards, not to mention Stepan and Gaborik. Throw in a very motivated Del Zotto and Staal, and a world class goal keeper in Lundqvist....and, and...the fact that they seem to be getting all the bounces and the "destiny" signs in both their series with Ottawa and Washington, I'm affraid we would be dead in the water against these guys.

I picked LA or NYR to win the cup before the playoffs began. That was my rational side speaking. I'm staying the course with that.

TG tweeted that the 3rd round would start on the weekend if the Rags win tonight. No way the Devils/Rangers would start Saturday, Kings/Coyotes would start before them. Most likely a Saturday afternoon game for LA/PHX and a Sunday afternoon game for NJ/NYR.

NBC has the Players Championship on both Saturday and Sunday from 2-7. Any games this weekend will be at night.

I HATE watching the rags lay down on the ice to block shots 1000 times a period. I still can't get my head around how people call trap teams boring but just falliong down on the ice on pupose is supposed to be good, exciting hockey. We can beat either, but i would rather not have to watch 4 Rags games to get us to the finals

I watched the Devils - Hurricanes 2009 Game 7 highlights in the 2nd intermission of our Panthers Game 7 this year to remind me not to feel overconfident until it's over and we survived. Watching a 1994 Devils - Rangers video won't kill you, it will remind you why you want revenge.

The possibility of a Devils - Rangers ECF already crossed my mind when we were up 2-1 against the Flyers. I came to the same conclusion someone mentioned: it's high risk - high reward. Then again, it's been 18 (eighteen!) years since those two last met in the conference final, so who knows when another chance for payback comes by. And the ONLY way to make them feel what Devils fans felt in 1994 is defeating them in the ECF and winning the Cup.

Edited by Revan

superstitioius nonsense. if this bothers anyone then i guess the 1,000 times you'll see highlights from 1994 will surely put the hex on.

NBC sports has already found excuses to show them. When the Rangers went to game 7 against Ottawa they were acting like Matteau scored that goal last season.

Wait... just realized that was probably MSG. Eh, still annoying.

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I watched the Devils - Hurricanes 2009 Game 7 highlights in the 2nd intermission of our Panthers Game 7 this year to remind me not to feel overconfident until it's over and we survived. Watching a 1994 Devils - Rangers video won't kill you, it will remind you why you want revenge.

Eh, we need revenge for 2008 never mind 1994, a lot more of these guys were around for that, plus I think winning three Cups after '94 and having that ridiculously long unbeaten streak against them in the regular season was sufficient enough payback for losing a great series.

Besides, if I was going to watch any 'dark' Devils moment, it would be Lemaire's press conference sixteen months ago when we hit rock bottom after Mac got fired and we lost to the cruddy Isles 5-1 just before Christmas. At that point it looked like we lost our way as an organization and the good times were over. Just sixteen months ago. But out of that season, we got DeBoer, Larsson, and renewed confidence thanks to Lemaire after a great second half.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I'm more afraid of the Caps at this point.

I think our offense will be too much for them to handle. They only have to shut down two lines for the Rangers where all of our four lines are rolling.

The Hagelin Richards Gaborik line is their only really potent line. The Callahan line is not that great.

I truly believe our offense will easily penetrate the Capitals Defense. I would also rather face Holtby.

Edited by Zubie#8

Eh, we need revenge for 2008 never mind 1994, a lot more of these guys were around for that.

100% agreed. It's not like we haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs at all since 1994. We won the Cup the next year, that's revenge enough.

• Like 1