Brodeur on the cover of NHL14 !!!

roomtemp

BUMP!!!

people, you all have a job to do. I have been voting 50+ times a day. If everyone on this forum votes for Marty 10 times a day he can probably beat Kopitar and hopefully end up on the cover. Whether or not you play video games please give me something to cheer about! LGD

Not to drag the thread back to the Marty is great:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/devils_goaltender_martin_brodeur_might_play_more_than_one_more_season/

Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur, who will turn 41 one week from today, has
said many times already that he will come back next season and play out the
second and final season on his contract. That doesn’t mean that next season will
definitely be Brodeur’s last, though.

“Not at all,” the future Hall of Famer said today. “It’s the last year on my
contract and that’s about it. This year, even though we didn’t make the
playoffs, I had a great time playing the game. I really had a good time
competing at the level I wanted to compete (at) and if it stays like that and
I’m still having fun, who knows that’s going to happen? I’m not putting a
decision in my mind.

“Two, three years ago, it was harder to make that decision, but now, for
whatever reason, I don’t know if it’s the way the game is here, I really enjoy
we have a chance to win every single game and the coaches make it fun to come to
the rink.”

Some of the other comments there dont fill me with confidence.

Brodeur is campaigning pretty hard on Twitter

https://twitter.com/MartinBrodeur

I thought Lou didn't allow the Devils to be on Twitter?  looks like marty just started apr 8.  Also I'm trusting twitter and their verification system.

A few players have had their own portals onto the Internet.  I think Elias was using a website for awhile.  I think players can have it, I'm guessing they probably just have to vet everything through a Devils employee first so it's too annoying to bother with.

Whatever anyone thinks about Marty now, it be great to honour Brodeur by voting him in the cover of this video game. I haven't played video games in a decade, but it be pretty nice to see Devils fans and hockey fans give Marty's career the appreciation it really deserves.

And so many of us talk about the Devils. their players or their fans never getting the respect or the accolades they deserve, so here's a great opportunity to get some.

Why do the leafs have two guys? Lupul and JVR

Well they narrow it down from 60 guys (two per team with each guy facing each other on the same team) to 32. So basically they have two wild cards. How they determine those? No idea has to be something based on vote totals

yeah Philly had two guys in the round of 16 last year with Bryzgalov (i believe) and Giroux the Wild card, and Giroux ended up winning. i just printed out the Kovalchuk cover and put it in the NHL 13 sleeve.

ive been putting my Devils poems all around the internet to gather support for Marty. lets see how it goes

Fans shouldnt be voting for this kind of thing. Most fans are biased homers, and like all-star voting, this becomes a get-out-the-vote, popularity contest. There is no way Marty should have gotten as far as he did in this 'contest'.

Fans shouldnt be voting for this kind of thing. Most fans are biased homers, and like all-star voting, this becomes a get-out-the-vote, popularity contest. There is no way Marty should have gotten as far as he did in this 'contest'.

plus some crazy fan base like mtl or toronto could litteraly organize event where they get people to vote and boost people to vote everyday and everything.

True, but Marty is arguably the best of all time. Is it any dumber than Hawks being on it consecutive years or Markus Naslund?

You act as if this is a merit based award just based on last season instead of what it is. A popularity contest

True, but Marty is arguably the best of all time. Is it any dumber than Hawks being on it consecutive years or Markus Naslund?

What was wrong with Markus Naslund at the time? The selection of the covers, and the art work itself has gone downhill recently, imo. I used to like the game-action picture, not some artist's conception with faux-skate scratches all over the box.

You act as if this is a merit based award just based on last season instead of what it is. A popularity contest

Sure..but EA should retain some bit of control in deciding who should be on the cover.