Adam Larsson interview w/ hometown newspaper

Marshall

Whats terrible about being scratch here for them is not like "oh im scratch, i know i've been playing real bad" it HAS to be at some extend eventhough they'd never say it out loud... "Why the fvck am i sitting and that guy and that guy are in the lineup?!?" 

I'd certainly think like that if i was them anyway

Of course, any player besides an enforcer would think that way - the team wants you to think that way.  They also want you to do something about it by trying harder and playing better.

Whats terrible about being scratch here for them is not like "oh im scratch, i know i've been playing real bad" it HAS to be at some extend eventhough they'd never say it out loud... "Why the fvck am i sitting and that guy and that guy are in the lineup?!?" 

I'd certainly think like that if i was them anyway

These are professional athletes. They've spent their whole lives earning their way through different ranks of hockey and been scratched at every single level. Success is about working to overcome the perceived injustice, not demanding more playing time or threatening to leave.

Larsson is playing more hockey now than he did in any of his years in the Swedish League.

EDIT:  Oh - haha, Chere is just going off the stupid translation of the Swedish interview, with absolutely no basis to back it up.  LOL at you guys for taking that garbage seriously.

I assume you mean my translation of the interview Larsson made with his hometown newspaper? What's stupid about that?

I assume you mean my translation of the interview Larsson made with his hometown newspaper? What's stupid about that?

Oh, nothing at all, not yours.  What I meant by the 'stupid translation' is to assume that translation means he's thinking about returning to Skelleftea.

For all we know Larsson stopped by to Skelleftea to say hello to the coach or whatever and people saw him there and viola. It means nothing.

Well, he did say he spoke to the team, but I would assume he also trains at their facility in the summer since it's his hometown and all, so it's probably nothing out of the ordinary.

I do however have it on good authority that he has (off the record) been unhappy with his treatment in NJ...again, hardly surprising and I don't think it's unusual for guys on the cusp to feel that way.