GDT: New Jersey @ Edmonton - 1/11/12

NJCroMag

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Hedberg is in & Zajac is out for another month. I'm trying to stay positive here boys I really am but wow really Janesn is back in? Debour sucks. I'll continue to bash him the rest of the year just fair warning.

I do predict a win tonight, but unfortunately it will be in OT or a shoot out. I except the Devils to score a bunch of goals tonight, which probably means this game will be tied 2-2 at the end of regulation.

Edmonton is terrible. Sorry, we should beat them. I know I might get reamed for that later but idc. We should have beat the Flames last night too. I dunno. My whole vibe is off about this road trip now. Let's hope for a Devils win so we can stay in the playoff picture. LGD please win.

Edited by ScoreMoreThan3

So Hedberg is in & Zajac is out for another month. I'm trying to stay positive here boys I really am but wow really Janesn is back in? Debour sucks. I'll continue to bash him the rest of the year just fair warning.

I do predict a win tonight, but unfortunately it will be in OT or a shoot out. I except the Devils to score a bunch of goals tonight, which probably means this game will be tied 2-2 at the end of regulation.

Edmonton is terrible. Sorry, we should beat them. I know I might get reamed for that later but idc. We should have beat the Flames last night too. I dunno. My whole vibe is off about this road trip now. Let's hope for a Devils win so we can stay in the playoff picture. LGD please win.

Pessimistic Paulie right here. I understand where you are coming from but seriously DeBoer has been great. I would like to see him stick around for a while. The players like him, he likes them. So things arent falling into place for the team right now, thats professional sports. It is what it is. Just because the team has an off season means you fire the coaching staff and replace them? No. Yeah its tough watching this team every night, it wont be like this for eternity. Take a deep breath, grab a beer, and watch the game tonight. Itll all work out. We have enough negativity on this board to begin with.

Edited by Quinn01

Pessimistic Paulie right here. I understand where you are coming from but seriously DeBoer has been great. I would like to see him stick around for a while. The players like him, he likes them. So things arent falling into place for the team right now, thats professional sports. It is what it is. Just because the team has an off season means you fire the coaching staff and replace them? No. Yeah its tough watching this team every night, it wont be like this for eternity. Take a deep breath, grab a beer, and watch the game tonight. Itll all work out. We have enough negativity on this board to begin with.

I gotcha. I'll try to do all the things you've suggest ha, but after reading some things about Debour and noticing his decision making I can't agree with you that he's doing a great job.

I mean whatever, I'm not an NHL coach, just a fan criticizing. I know it isn't easy but the 4th line is just atrocious when it's both Boulton and Jansen. Maybe he is just doing it because he knows Edmonton isn't that good of a team but we can ill afford to lose this game IMO. We have to take advantage of playing weaker teams obviously. Our schedule is pretty brutal as it is!

But hey I did predict a win! :boogie:

Here is a poll from Sports Illustrated naming hockeys most overrated players (you Kovi haters might like the list)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1201/nhl.players.poll.most.overrated/content.6.html

Omg what? How is Ovechkin overrated? Based on this year alone? That's crazy. Who would even participate in a poll like that? I'm surprised Kovalchuck isn't top 3 though to be honest.

I gotcha. I'll try to do all the things you've suggest ha, but after reading some things about Debour and noticing his decision making I can't agree with you that he's doing a great job.

I mean whatever, I'm not an NHL coach, just a fan criticizing. I know it isn't easy but the 4th line is just atrocious when it's both Boulton and Jansen. Maybe he is just doing it because he knows Edmonton isn't that good of a team but we can ill afford to lose this game IMO. We have to take advantage of playing weaker teams obviously. Our schedule is pretty brutal as it is!

But hey I did predict a win! :boogie:

Trust me I completely understand getting bent about this team because its completely frustrating to watch when its such a big part of your life, as most of us here can agree, Devils hockey is not just a passion/hobby/interest, its part of our life. You have to take the losses with a grain of salt. Would putting Palm on the 4th instead of Janssen really make a difference? I doubt it. Either way its the 4th line. Tonight should be a win, especially if they play like they did in the third last night tonight. :cheers:

Omg what? How is Ovechkin overrated? Based on this year alone? That's crazy. Who would even participate in a poll like that? I'm surprised Kovalchuck isn't top 3 though to be honest.

Ovehckin's numbers have plummetted two years running, it's absolutely fair to put him in the overrated discussion 'now'. Will he ever get back to being a 60-goal, 110-point dynamo or has the league finally found a way to clamp down on him? It's not as if he doesn't have talented players around him where you'd think he should have a production decline. Two years ago he had 50 goals and 109 points...last year, 32 and 85. This year he's on pace for 35 and 67.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Where in the HELL did you see that Zajac is out for another month? 2 weeks was the announcement, MAYBE a week MAX of conditioning after that I'd assume. Stop blowing every little possible thing out of proportion.

Yeah last I read was max 3 weeks but I would venture to guess 2 and he will be back in the line up, most likely better then he was before he had to take this setback.