GDT Devils at Panthers

ZeroGravityFat

He's the elephant in the room, but Parise isn't being traded. That's not how Lou rolls with impending FA's. If they're out of it come the deadline, that might be different altogether. They've never been there with a player of Parise's stature in that situation.

If Parise continues to underachieve, i do not think it will matter much come July 1st. It will be looked at as a talented player stuck in NJ that is being "held back" or for some other reason. They'll blame the Devils much the same way they blamed the Devils for any other player leaving. I think if Parise gets what i fear he will, that team is going to be overpaying for him and what he might truely be for the rest of his career. And when you spend 7-8 million on a player, he better be an all-star or superstar type talent. The Devils simply can not give another big contract to a player and watch him underachieve. Not now.

it's ironic that quinn and adam are fighting harder than the devils did tonight

Funny stuff. Ill give you that.

If Parise continues to underachieve, i do not think it will matter much come July 1st. It will be looked at as a talented player stuck in NJ that is being "held back" or for some other reason. They'll blame the Devils much the same way they blamed the Devils for any other player leaving. I think if Parise gets what i fear he will, that team is going to be overpaying for him and what he might truely be for the rest of his career. And when you spend 7-8 million on a player, he better be an all-star or superstar type talent. The Devils simply can not give another big contract to a player and watch him underachieve. Not now.

Thats exactly right. For his own sake, Parise needs to step up his game, whether he wants to leave or not.

Edited by Quinn01

End result of bad habits. This is where coaching comes in. Definitely a teachable situation and really it could have happened in any of a bunch of games that have happened recently. This team just can't, won't and doesn't play defense and they are turnover happy.

As for Parise, he's slumping but he's also coming back from an injury, these things take time. It's going to be the same problem with Kovalchuk too, probably worse because a nagging groin is pretty much a season-long prison sentence. I dunno if he'll skate at 100% speed this entire season. They both need to produce but at the same time other guys are carrying the production so it's not totally imperative RIGHT NOW.

got way too comfortable and obviously completely blew the game. this game was lost by us, not won by them. games like this are so hard to watch. we all felt good and there was nothing we could do to not watch our team fall apart.

the entire last two periods was all florida. cmon guys, gotta do better than that

All there is to do is wait and hope that Parise turns everything around. Taking the "C" away isnt going to solve anything at this point its just going to make him look bad. Also they already tried giving it to Elias once...it didnt work he had a horrible season and so did the team. I was always under the impression that there were many leaders in the dressing room. Now that I wake up and join reality I realize the last one of the guys that did that was Colin White. Many of the guys that saw success with NJ are long gone and JL had prob become a leader if not the leader which may be why he and Jamie didn't get along. Maybe its time to expect that every intermission might not bring out a revamped team because their arent 6 vets or one Scott Stevens/JL in the locker room anymore to kick some ass and hold people accountable? I hope Parise gets it done, not for a contract but just so the team can win consistantly again and do some damage in the playoffs. Everyone that has taken over since scott stevens has had trouble adjusting to the pressure. I'll give it some time but heart is just as important as skill some nights. Tonight the talent showed up but the heart didnt.

Sent using android.

Edited by NJDevils1214

Honestly Marty was our best player tonight but I think he wanted that short handed goal back.

Parise has been sucking this year and like everyone has said he has to produce. Kovy has even been stepping it up a notch.

I want to know our final faceoff stats were. We couldn't win a critical one for our lives this game.

Salvador should be gone soon. I am done with him.

I think we got thrown around more with tedenby in instead of napalm. I didn't even notice tedenby at all tonight.

Sykora is our new rolston with the way he goes wide on his shots in scoring opportunities.

Steve needs to tell chico to shut the fvck up.

He's not though because Sykora gets paid 800k.

Oh, and the screechyness is hilarious. :lol: Blame everyone time. Probably didn't have a problem with the Buffalo game or the Tampa game or the couple of other times they've gone to the brink of doing this but come back.

To be expected after a loss like this. The worst thing about games like this is the cliche-spewing that gets regurgitated after losses: "Devils need to play 60 minutes" (NO team in the NHL plays 60 minutes night after night), Insert captain here needs to be a better leader, blah blah blah. As if captains are constantly making inspirational speeches and willing teammates to victories. Some fans have such a bloated, romanticized idea of what an NHL captain is.

The Devils are what they are...they probably have a few more points than they really deserve, so as much as losing a game in this fashion sucks, consider this loss things balancing out a little bit. They did go 3-2 to start off this 13 road games in 18 games stretch. Yeah, 4-1 would've been awesome, would've loved to have seen it, but this team is a work in progress, which means they're going to stumble at times, and have us all yelling "WTF?!" at our TVs.

10-8-1 and still within striking distance of first. No Zajac, no Josefson, pretty much nothing from Tedenby, an .888 save% from Marty, and Zach Parise not really looking much like Zach Parise. And five regulation wins in 19 GP. Could be a lot worse, really.

• Like 1

The exact opposite has been said when the Devils have come back from down 2-0 on the road twice this season.

When the Devils come back, this team has heart and fight, doesn't quit, etc.

When a team comes back against the Devils, the Devils blew it, they wither against adversity, etc.

Easy to forget that the other team is trying to win a game too. Maybe Florida deserves a little credit for not giving up?

Not saying the Devils couldn't have played better over those final two periods...just saying that there's other ways to look at this, other than only through the red-and-black glasses, Devils-control-their-destiny-at-all-times viewpoint.

It's not the end of the world. That was a tough road trip and a tough first quarter of the season. The devils are above 500, the offense has started to click, they are scoring by committee, and the eastern conference is wide open. A couple more wins and we are in the mix at the top. A much easier schedule coming up should allow the team to work on team defense, limiting mistakes, being more disciplined. Think back one year and chill out, relax. This deacons is drastically better than last year.

Deacons=seasons. Stupid auto correct

Glad to see someone (Kovy) stick up for Volchenkov. Glad I missed the 3rd period. Parise has no excuses as his injury was 1-year ago and he's only 27 years old.

Brodeur looked real bad on that last goal. There's still something seriously wrong with this team, we fold at any adversity.

They don't fold with adversity, they fold with any prosperity :P

We've come back from 2-0 down on the road three different times to beat playoff teams this year so it's not fair to say they can't handle adversity. By the same token they're just as likely to blow a 2 or 3-goal lead as they are to come back from one. It's a strange team right now.