Devils to Host the 2013 NHL Draft at Prudential Center

Maddog

Oh, they're picking. If they weren't giving up the pick this year, they're sure as shooting not doing it next year, especially with no third-rounder either.

At this rate though, no draft party until 2015 lol. There won't be one next year obviously, there won't be one in 2014 when we give up the first.

Oh, they're picking. If they weren't giving up the pick this year, they're sure as shooting not doing it next year, especially with no third-rounder either.

At this rate though, no draft party until 2015 lol. There won't be one next year obviously, there won't be one in 2014 when we give up the first.

Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. They may give it up next year, even though they're hosting the draft.

There will be a draft regardless of whether the season is cancelled.

Huh? This doesn't make any sense at all. They may give it up next year, even though they're hosting the draft.

He's talking about draft parties. He suggests we wont give it up next year (the pick) and there wont be a party since we're hosting the draft. There won't be a party in 2014 as he suggests thats when we give the pick up.

When and how can you get tickets for it?

Next season sometime. I imagine there will be something on the Devils site. They're free tickets, so it wont be hard to get into. I dont see Newark/New Jersey going insane for the NHL Draft at all.

Next season sometime. I imagine there will be something on the Devils site. They're free tickets, so it wont be hard to get into. I dont see Newark/New Jersey going insane for the NHL Draft at all.

You can bet the Devils will make these a STH perk if possible

Poor form on them if they do. Draft tickets are almost always free and no place ever gets rid of em all.

I'm not sure if the team will have the ability to dole out these tickets, or if the NHL does it since its their event. However, the concession and parking revenue (or whatever % they get from it based upon the taxes the city collects), will go to the team.

It will be interesting, especially with the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders fanbases so close to Newark. I can envision there actually being a bit of demand for these tickets with that pool of fans to draw from.

Plus, this event might be a test balloon for an NHL all-star game to be held in Newark in the next 3-5 years.

Edited by Chuck the Duck

I'm not sure if the team will have the ability to dole out these tickets, or if the NHL does it since its their event. However, the concession and parking revenue (or whatever % they get from it based upon the taxes the city collects), will go to the team.

It will be interesting, especially with the Rangers, Flyers, and Islanders fanbases so close to Newark. I can envision there actually being a bit of demand for these 5000 tickets with that pool of fans to draw from.

Good point about the NHL, but we're considered the host and the Devils will be responsible for ticket distribution. Just as the Wild were this year.

I dunno about the Rags and Flyers fans being *that* interested. The Flyers are hosting it in 2014 and I would bet that neither of them will have high enough picks to garner that much interest.

Heres how the Wild did it. It looks like STH got first dibs, but then they had an allotment for tonight...

Tickets are now available for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft at Xcel Energy Center. Don't miss this highly anticipated event that will bring hockey's elite young players from around the world to the State of Hockey.

Key NHL Entry Draft ticket information:

Wild Season Ticket Holders and the NHL ticket requests have now been fullfilled

Complimentary tickets are available for the Saturday session at Xcel Energy Center

Remaining seats will be in designated general admission seating areas

All remaining tickets will use the "Print-At-Home" feature and will require a $1.25 per ticket processing and handling fee

Schedule of events:

Friday, June 24 - 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m (Round One) Gates open at 4:00 p.m. All Friday night tickets have now been reserved. Should any additional tickets become available, they will be released the week of June 20. Tickets still remain for the Saturday session.

Saturday, June 25 - 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. (Rounds Two - Seven) Gates open at 8:00 a.m.

Please click the tickets button below to reserve your tickets for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. Tickets are based on availability and can be reserved for either or both dates.

If you have any questions, please contact the Fan Relations Team at 651-222-WILD (9453) or customer.service@wild.com.